Colnago V3 RS

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fogman

by fogman

I agree. The Campagnolo Bora WTO wheels clash with the SRAM Red eTap AXS groupset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

derosa2000

by derosa2000

fogman wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:46 pm
I agree. The Campagnolo Bora WTO wheels clash with the SRAM Red eTap AXS groupset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1 , exactly
Last edited by derosa2000 on Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

derosa2000

by derosa2000

double post

prettyinpink

by prettyinpink

hannawald wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:02 pm
That's sacrilege:) having a Specialized branding in front of your eyes on Colnago, poor Ernesto:))

If the stem is aluminium I would at least de brand it with acetone..and use Specialized top cap (without branding, just to make it flush)
Would you mind posting a photo with the SL7 topcap to see if it is flush?

Tomandtom

by Tomandtom

Hi guys. I have a question about v3rs size.
According to Colnago website, the size 42s is targeting around 160cm tall person.
However, comparing c64 and v3rs, 42size C64 has longer reach and lower stack than 45size v3rs.
For 160cm tall, what size will you guys chose between 42size v3rs or 45size v3rs?

GT3RS

by GT3RS

Hi Tomandtom, here is a pic of my 45s V2R - the geometry is virtually identical to the V3RS (R375/ S522 vs R375/ S520). My saddle height is 670mm and stem length 90mm, my bars should be a bit lower but I lost the 4mm top cover. I think you could ride either frame size (42/45) the 42 will obviously allow you more saddle to bar drop.
Attachments
4B41A692-05C5-41A9-9F00-34A100C9324E.jpeg

milanv

by milanv

3kweave wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:49 pm

Update: Colnago is going to replace the frame. I can wait for a few months for white and blue or go black and green. So I will do black and green. Any suggestions on handlebars with a short reach and you can put the Di2 junction in the bar end. Ergonomically, I really like the flat/aero section top.
I love ZIPP SL 70 Ergo Carbon Handlebars.
https://www.sram.com/en/zipp/models/hb-dbsl-70e-a2

3kweave

by 3kweave

I figured out a way to get tidy Di2 wiring with the ritchey carbon streem wcs II bars (70mm reach). I really like the green and black. The white was sharp but I think I might prefer the green and black. As you have probably noticed from the pictures, I have rather short legs. Therefore, the drop between handlebar and saddle is relatively low. The spacers solid pieces of plastic. The fit is pretty comfortable although fairly upright. Does getting rid of spacers require the handlebar to be disconnected from all the wires so spacers can be removed and fork can be cut? Do you have any suggestions on knowing how and when I should lower the handlebars? I currently have 2cm of spacer (4x5mm). Thanks for your help!
Attachments
IMG_0288.jpeg
IMG_0258.jpeg

Ilovebikes986

by Ilovebikes986

3kweave -

Nice ride! I am (im)patiently waiting for mine to arrive. If you don’t mind me asking, what size frame do you have and seat height?

corky

by corky

3kweave wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:52 am
I figured out a way to get tidy Di2 wiring with the ritchey carbon streem wcs II bars (70mm reach). I really like the green and black. The white was sharp but I think I might prefer the green and black. As you have probably noticed from the pictures, I have rather short legs. Therefore, the drop between handlebar and saddle is relatively low. The spacers solid pieces of plastic. The fit is pretty comfortable although fairly upright. Does getting rid of spacers require the handlebar to be disconnected from all the wires so spacers can be removed and fork can be cut? Do you have any suggestions on knowing how and when I should lower the handlebars? I currently have 2cm of spacer (4x5mm). Thanks for your help!
The spacers are solid but, do come apart, you can remove a section so that you can add or subtract spacers without disconnecting wires and hoses. Cutting the steerer tube without removing fork can be done but you need some care and patience, I would recommend getting an experienced mechanic to do the job.

Tomandtom

by Tomandtom

GT3RS wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:46 pm
Hi Tomandtom, here is a pic of my 45s V2R - the geometry is virtually identical to the V3RS (R375/ S522 vs R375/ S520). My saddle height is 670mm and stem length 90mm, my bars should be a bit lower but I lost the 4mm top cover. I think you could ride either frame size (42/45) the 42 will obviously allow you more saddle to bar drop.
Thank GT3RS with your detail explanation.
I ordered size 42s as your advice
Thank you again. It was really helpful!!

3kweave

by 3kweave

Ilovebikes986 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:18 am
3kweave -

Nice ride! I am (im)patiently waiting for mine to arrive. If you don’t mind me asking, what size frame do you have and seat height?
I have a size 48s frame. I am 170cm tall. I don't have a ruler with me at the moment to measure seat height but I have short legs so the seatpost is at the 100mm mark when it enters the seat tube. Its a fantastic bike. I really enjoy it. It handles very well and the ride quality is great. The integrated cabling is super clean but its also annoying. Since my bike fitness is still improving I will likely end up taking out another 10mm-15mm of spacer. The spacers come in 5mm increments. It would be nice to do it one at a time. But the spacers are completely solid and i cant figure out how one would remove a spacer without disconnecting all the cables. I knew that would be an issue when I bought it. What color are you getting?

Cheers!

by Cheers!

3kweave: That is a sweet bike! But I would ditch the varia mount and find something else. Else you will be buying a 2nd varia radar when one of those elastics fail.

corky

by corky

3kweave wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:49 pm
Ilovebikes986 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:18 am
3kweave -

I have a size 48s frame. I am 170cm tall. I don't have a ruler with me at the moment to measure seat height but I have short legs so the seatpost is at the 100mm mark when it enters the seat tube. Its a fantastic bike. I really enjoy it. It handles very well and the ride quality is great. The integrated cabling is super clean but its also annoying. Since my bike fitness is still improving I will likely end up taking out another 10mm-15mm of spacer. The spacers come in 5mm increments. It would be nice to do it one at a time. But the spacers are completely solid and i cant figure out how one would remove a spacer without disconnecting all the cables. I knew that would be an issue when I bought it. What color are you getting?
The spacers are not solid, you can remove the back section ...... this allows you to remove them one at a time.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com