Colnago V3 RS

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mrlobber

by mrlobber

This one at least looks better than the Cannondale.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vinc

by vinc

mrlobber wrote:This one at least looks better than the Cannondale.
I agree.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

gbrnole

by gbrnole

vinc wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:58 pm
I agree.

Agreed.

Also, in typical Colnago fashion, the sizing is much different than you would typically choose. Someone who normally rides a 54 would more than likely choose a 52 or even a 50 in this frame. The geometry, especially with regard to head angle and stack is very similar to the new SuperSix but it looks aesthetically superior.

Mystikal91

by Mystikal91

gbrnole wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:57 pm

Also, in typical Colnago fashion, the sizing is much different than you would typically choose. Someone who normally rides a 54 would more than likely choose a 52 or even a 50 in this frame. The geometry, especially with regard to head angle and stack is very similar to the new SuperSix but it looks aesthetically superior.
Whoa! Much nicer looking than many of the dropped seat stays designs. I agree with you about dropping one or two sizes when riding a Colnago. But, one thing I find dispappointing in Colangos is the head tube angle at 71 with fork rake at 45 produces large wheel flop and large trail numbers. These bikes are not agile at all when riding smaller sizes. The same thing I noticed with Pinarello and Scott. This is an unfortuante cost cutting measure using the same fork rake across all frame sizes.

Cannondale should be lauded for descreasing the trail and increasing fork rake on the smaller frames.

MRM

by MRM

Best looking climbing bike by far. Shame the paint jobs are so boring by Colnago's high standards.

jlok

by jlok

Why most MY19/20 bikes, incl. this V3 RS, has steeper STA (esp. across the sizes of eTT 52-55) comparing to before? Is it a trend that consumer thinks it's better?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

GrumpyOldPizza

by GrumpyOldPizza

vinc wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:58 pm
I agree.
This is how the All-New SuperSix should have looked like. Drop dead georgeous. Guess it's time to start saving for a new frame and those Bora Ultra 50 wheels ...

Pierre86

by Pierre86

mag wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:54 pm
It's just that all those aero and also semi-aero bikes are starting to look more and more the same.
I just wish UCI would really relax their technical regulations and create much more room for various designs so that we could see manufacturers taking much more different approaches.
They'd all look the same again if the UCI relaxed anything, I think we've effectively hit peak aero and there's only so many ways to optimise tubes within the current constraints. Opening them up more would make the bikes different that what we have now, but they'd all be he same different
S6 Evo
S5 Aero

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

Really, really good looking bikes, and I think some good choices made on integration, components, paints and everything else. Cockpit is very clean, without looking like a total porked (read: Cannondale's KNOT) - probably what the cockpit on Tarmac should also look like. I also found it interesting that they fit out the stock bike with Tubolitos, so clearly weight, and what jounalists report on weight when they publish reviews, is a priority.

Need some real world weights - because I just don't really trust that 790g frame figure. Is it with or without paint???

smartyiak

by smartyiak

Bravo Colnago. It looks like: a bike! A really pretty, modern bike.

Miles253

by Miles253

https://rouleur.cc/editorial/desire-colnago-v3rs/

It was an awesome ride! Bike is super quick and comfy, looks great and very light!
Specialized S-Works Venge Disc | 7.8kg
Rose Backroad | 9kg (Deceased R.I.P.)
Canyon Ultimate CF SL | 7.7kg

https://www.findyourroad.co.uk/
Instagram: @miles_bc

C36

by C36

vinc wrote:
I agree.

Indeed!
Really aesthetically pleasant! This white and blue frame is lovely...

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

joeyb1000

by joeyb1000

I'm actually interested in the V3. Does that mean it will have a more solid ride? Will it be more resistant to damage?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gbrnole

by gbrnole

Miles253 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:33 pm
https://rouleur.cc/editorial/desire-colnago-v3rs/

It was an awesome ride! Bike is super quick and comfy, looks great and very light!
this review does contradict the Gran Fondo review where this one claims comfort at the front end and GF says quite the opposite. still no clear indicator of build weight - under 6.7kg is great, but that bike was rolling on lightweights - i'd feel very good if it said under 6.3kg for that config though!

as to the 790g frame weight - Colnago's website says that is for a 50cm unpainted but with all metal attachments (hangers etc.)