Colnago V3 RS

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

Pebble

by Pebble

This one was ordered by the dealer himself a while back too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ales85

by ales85

Yeah, these delivery times are what's putting me off. In 120 days the season will end and I'll have to wait additional 5-6 months to be able to use it - so a whole year basically... Granted I could use it on a trainer, but it kind of defeats the point for me.

Pebble

by Pebble

Trying to get anything nice at the moment is a nightmare, frames are available but its the groupsets and other bits that are missing.

ales85

by ales85

That's just it, even the frameset isn't available for V3Rs wherever I look. I'd very likely be able to get Ultegra 11 speed here, but it's not enough :D

sgergole

by sgergole

Ordered mine at the beginning of january. At that time, expected delivery was end of february/mid march for the disc version, july for the rim brake version.

21st april, still no bike. I just hope my dealer will be able to upgrade me the wheels to the Bora Ultra, since new parts are coming to the market since the order.

milanv

by milanv

Order 26. 1. 2021
Delivery to LBS 22. 4. 2021

ales85

by ales85

Is it know what's the max rider weight limit for this bike? I couldn't find the info anywhere...

sgergole

by sgergole

milanv wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:38 pm
Order 26. 1. 2021
Delivery to LBS 22. 4. 2021
This gives me hope. My order was one week before that, so it should be close :beerchug:

hannawald

by hannawald

Does anybody know the torque for internal seat clamp bolt? I have googled 6Nm somewhere (just somebody says so, not an official source from Colnago or so) but the seatpost is slipping even though I use carbon paste. Thanks!

sgergole

by sgergole

I wanted to replace the original thru axles with Extralite Black Lock. Does anyone know what should be the total lenght, thread length and thread pitch?

Are there any lighter or better alternatives on the market for thru axles that fit the Colnago V3RS?

corky

by corky

sgergole wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:24 pm
I wanted to replace the original thru axles with Extralite Black Lock. Does anyone know what should be the total lenght, thread length and thread pitch?

Are there any lighter or better alternatives on the market for thru axles that fit the Colnago V3RS?
I looked at this a while ago and there are few and far between alternatives out there. I can't remember the thread pitch, thread length etc. I did write all this down but have lost the piece of paper......but I do remember that you can obtain extralite axles with the correct length, diam, pitch, thread length etc.

You can measure your existing thru axles. What I do remember is that you will need the extra bolt conical washer(brass) in order to replicate the colnago axles.

Oh the reason I didn't go through with buying them is that they seem so expensive for a part that yeah maybe saves a few grams but you can hardly see them and they don't do much functionally. Just thought that for me there were better things buy.

Interested to know what you think if you do go down this route.

sotonguy

by sotonguy

I was very fortunate to pick up my V3RS yesterday from Bespoke Cycling in London. Sadly (through no fault of the shop) the wheels I've ordered are delayed so I took my Roval's from my existing bike to allow me to wheel the V3RS home and will swap them out when the new ones arrive and I'll take some proper beauty shots then! Until then here are a couple I got in the shop.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Ooooosh!!!!! Come on!! Love it

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

ales85

by ales85

My RZGR is probably coming next week :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

scb

by scb

corky wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:23 pm
sgergole wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:24 pm

I looked at this a while ago and there are few and far between alternatives out there. I can't remember the thread pitch, thread length etc. I did write all this down but have lost the piece of paper......but I do remember that you can obtain extralite axles with the correct length, diam, pitch, thread length etc.

You can measure your existing thru axles. What I do remember is that you will need the extra bolt conical washer(brass) in order to replicate the colnago axles.

Oh the reason I didn't go through with buying them is that they seem so expensive for a part that yeah maybe saves a few grams but you can hardly see them and they don't do much functionally. Just thought that for me there were better things buy.

Interested to know what you think if you do go down this route.

Check Carbon Ti--just got the Colnago version for my C64. Feel much lighter than OEM Colnago thru axles and have good color options. Got them from Lord Gun in Brescia. Ordered late on a Friday and had them on Wednesday in US.