Colnago V3 RS

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

milanv

by milanv

derosa2000 wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:13 pm
V3Rs will be available earliest in September if ordering now , but more realistic is November ...
My information was from the exclusive distributor and seller here in January - it depends on, if the frame is on stock - yes = 3-4 months with painting, except frozen colours. Maybe the situation is harder nowadays, high demand...

derosa2000

by derosa2000

milanv wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:44 pm
derosa2000 wrote:
V3Rs will be available earliest in September if ordering now , but more realistic is November ...
My information was from the exclusive distributor and seller here in January - it depends on, if the frame is on stock - yes = 3-4 months with painting, except frozen colours. Maybe the situation is harder nowadays, high demand...
Standard RZ colors in September/November but if you order now , information from Colnago :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

milanv

by milanv

derosa2000 wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:28 pm
milanv wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:44 pm
derosa2000 wrote:
Standard RZ colors in September/November but if you order now , information from Colnago :)
Exclusive distributor is only connected to Colnago, so they had the same information confirmed by Colnago... :wink:

Cemmac

by Cemmac

What they told me in few stores, problems are not frames but parts, all shimano groupsets, disc build equipment, etc..
If i've choose for Derosa for example i can get in 60days Merak, but you never know. You could pay 1/3 of preorder and the wait half of year...

sgergole

by sgergole

stringbean wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:18 pm
1D502179-81AF-4457-933E-0B41158340DF.jpegFE7ED6B2-87E3-434A-BBD4-87CC8C50F703.jpeg
Seatpost arrived,Happy with the build so far.
impressive. congrats!

overall, where did u have the biggest savings weight wise, apart from wheels?

Seatpost?
How is the cable routing with the Schmolke TLO with the default SR9 stem? Does it work well or are there any problems?

hannawald

by hannawald

If you decide to use different bar/stem on V3RS Disc (using DCR/ACR bars and routing cables via the stem) do you plug the hole above cables between stem and D-shaped steerer with the red plastic plug (supplied with SR9 stem?) if so, do you shorten it so it fits the stack height of the stem? Thank you!

hannawald

by hannawald

hannawald wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:03 pm
If you decide to use different bar/stem on V3RS Disc (using DCR/ACR bars and routing cables via the stem) do you plug the hole above cables between stem and D-shaped steerer with the red plastic plug (supplied with SR9 stem?) if so, do you shorten it so it fits the stack height of the stem? Thank you!
Nobody used different stem than SR9? I have heard different oppinions on this..some people say that without the red plastic plug the stem will not hold properly and can rotate, some people say that it´s not neccessary there..i would also like to know how would you feel about safety of the solution if the red piece sits opposite the upper stem bolt but don´t cover the lower stem bolt (obviously because there are cables...)
Thank you so much for your oppinions..

hannawald

by hannawald

Do I understand it well that both lower and upper part of the seatpost cradle needs to fit within saddle range? It seems to me that in this case V3RS seatpost has extremely small range due to super long bottom part of seatpost clamp..

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

hannawald wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:32 pm

Do I understand it well that both lower and upper part of the seatpost cradle needs to fit within saddle range? It seems to me that in this case V3RS seatpost has extremely small range due to super long bottom part of seatpost clamp..
The bottom half can probably be put backwards and then you have same range as usual
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Belisarius

by Belisarius

mrlobber wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:56 am
Heritage is subjective, that' s fine. But what' s so special about Colnago geometry?
Higher stack to reach ratio, something preventing me from getting bikes such as SL7. I need a 555-575 stack for a reach of 377-385 max and aim for a 619/625 and 470 on the handlebar. In essence being of italian descent, i have longer legs and a smaller torso- we are talking just 2-3 cms here, and the difference on being a good runner, soccer player etc. this goes back to the roman legions and the marching or running requirements. anyhow, it pains me but, for example, i cannot do that 540/385-390 frame first all bikes have the 30 mm spacers, if someone puts me in a more aero i have to bend abnormally the back to stay in position, or, on drops, my knees almost touch my chest. as an amateur unlicensed rider I wondered how did i do that first fondo position or top 20 strava score on an endurance non aero bike, 42-43km/hr over 10 k? shorter torso, less drag, bigger pistons, legs and stroke.

Germanic, anglo saxon groups, including gallic, have shorter legs and larger torso. again, we are talking here 1-3 cm variance (and arm length) but enough to change the geometry requirements. that means they need a longer reach and deeper aero to compensate for the giant air brake we call upper body.

now i need a new bike and the onky ones compatible are Colnago, Look, Time, Willier Pinarello, custom Lampo, to provide a stack to reach ratio of 1:44 or higher. when we look at these numbers, we are talking a more compact frameset, higher stack (by 20-30mm), and generally engineered for more comfort. Generally. BTW Basso realized that they were having issues selling top frames to non pros so they added the missing higher stack to reach ratios as of 2021.
Last edited by Belisarius on Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pebble

by Pebble

V3Rs frame in white is on its way, initial plan is SRAM Red Etap, finishing kit yet to be decided ??

ales85

by ales85

@Pebble where did you order from/to? I've inquired in Europe and was told nothing is available before December...

Pebble

by Pebble

A local bike shop in South Wales, called Ride Bikes Wales, based in Talbot Green

Konsi

by Konsi

ales85 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:23 pm
@Pebble where did you order from/to? I've inquired in Europe and was told nothing is available before December...
The store I do social media for got 3 V3Rs framesets and two Colnago gravel bikes over the last month (in Switzerland).

fogman

by fogman

I ordered a V3RS in RCRD on February 10th and was told to expect at least a 120 day delivery. Delayed gratification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com