Semi synchro shifting setup via the E-TUBE app

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

j4hnb

by j4hnb

Is anyone able to assist me with this, or atlesst know of a YouTube video which explains how to do it?

I’ve searched but can’t find the answer.

I’ve recently upgraded to Di2 and I would like the rear gears to change up or down after shifting the front gears up or down.

I’m not the best with technology so it’s frying my brain. I can only do it via the E-TUBE app on iOS as that’s all I have.

Thanks in advance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DeeHubbs

by DeeHubbs

Are you at the point where you have the right Di2 parts, and have successfully connected to the E-TUBE app via your iOS? Or is that what you need help with?
Or do you only need help setting up the Sycnro shift mode?

gplama

by gplama

Double click the button on your junction box to change from M -> S1 -> S2. Done. S1 is what it sounds like you're looking for? You can also do it via a Garmin head unit you're running the wireless module.

(You can also pair to any Di2 with an Edge and do the same. It's unauthenticated over ANT+)

moyboy

by moyboy

Make sure you have the compatible optuonal shimanowireless module. Also you can do it via pc with the charger plugged in the bike and into the usb port on the pc.

j4hnb

by j4hnb

Hi,

Yes I have all parts. I left my bike at a friends house after todays ride so will have to try the suggestions tomorrow or Tuesday.

I had the bike connected to the Di2 app last night and presumed I had to set up the synchro shift profile. Will see if one is set up.

Thanks

Karvalo

by Karvalo

j4hnb wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:03 pm
I had the bike connected to the Di2 app last night and presumed I had to set up the synchro shift profile. Will see if one is set up.
Any current DI2 system will have Synchro shift already setup. You don't need any sort of app connection or computer plugin to cycle through the three modes (manual, semi synchro, full synchro) - all you have to do is double click the button on the charging port, as mentioned above. You can do this anytime, even mid ride.

If you double click the button and both lights flash twice, you're in semi (the one you want). Flash three times, full Synchro. Flash once, back to manual.

You only need to connect via e-tube software if you want to customise how the Synchro-shift options work (ie, how many shifts the rear mech makes when you shift the front mech), not to turn it on and off.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Karvalo wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:08 pm
j4hnb wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:03 pm
Any current DI2 system will have Synchro shift already setup. You don't need any sort of app connection or computer plugin to cycle through the three modes (manual, semi synchro, full synchro) - all you have to do is double click the button on the charging port, as mentioned above. You can do this anytime, even mid ride.

If you double click the button and both lights flash twice, you're in semi (the one you want). Flash three times, full Synchro. Flash once, back to manual.

You only need to connect via e-tube software if you want to customise how the Synchro-shift options work (ie, how many shifts the rear mech makes when you shift the front mech), not to turn it on and off.
This.

And once you know that and your friends still don't, you can use it as a prank on their bikes mid-ride! :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com