Hiding EPS on a Shiv

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

So my Shiv is currently setup with Di2, I want my Campy on there...
Has anyone/does anyone know of a way to conceal the TT DTI anywhere? I've seen very few pics of EPS on a shiv, the one I saw from Astana didn't show much.. the big problem I can see with the Shiv and trying to conceal wires is a few things...
1) The brake and bar end shifters split off a small box from a single cable to one cable..
2) Obviously the size of the DTI unit
I came across this on ebay today while searching for some answers.. this is an old Astana frame apparently... I don't know how they managed to hide the DTI but I can't see it ANYWHERE on the front end... I can see the wires for the aerobars leading into the side of the stem like I do on mine, they cut two small holes... the thing is the main wire leading back to the battery, is coming from inside the stem and running with the brake, so it tells me somehow that DTI is in there?!?!
https://www.ebay.it/itm/362534741730?ul_noapp=true

Im wondering if the DTI outer shell has been removed and only the internal "guts" are in the stem now since its shielded in there from any moisture.. same with the small boxes where the cables split??
Thoughts??

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Im trying to think of some solutions..
My idea is as follows... there are some large openings in the Shiv front end to get your hands in there once the fork is out.. where the derailleur cables would have entered the frame is drilled out now, and there are 2 open holes... The DTI will be hidden in the frame aft of the fork.. I could feed the bar end/aerobar wires forward through the stem as I do now with the Di2 (need to check to make sure wires will be long enough) For charging... maybe someone can answer this.. will the V2 charge extension cable connect to the V3 interface for charging capability... I figured I could feed the charge cable up through the top of those open holes and then just zip tie it to the rear brake cable.. and voila.. I can now charge the system externally...