S-Works 7 Road shoes 43/42.5

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Sjoerd

by Sjoerd

This is always very subjective...I would rate my feet on the narrow side and I use(d) the green footbeds.

I am usually a 42.5 with regular running / sports oriented shoes. My S-Works 7's are a size 43. I had the S-Works 6 in size 43 as well. I have now switched to the Shimano RC902's in 43 as well but they feel a lot smaller than the S-Works 7. My mountainbike shoes are Shimano as well, again a size 43.

bruno2000

by bruno2000

I've ordered size 43.5 and 44 at Bike24.
They are on sale in some colors now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gorkypl

by gorkypl

Whoever may encounter this thread in the future, I was facing the same dilemma, and actually ordered both sizes, and even used both pairs on a bike.
My right foot is 266mm in a thin sock, and 42.5 was perfect, performance fit. My left foot is 269mm in a thin sock, and it was too tight. I could ride like this for several hours, but it was not comfortable. Maybe if I needed super precise shoe for racing...

I switched to 43, which are 5mm longer, and for the right foot it's definitely roomy, and for the left one it is slightly roomy. Judging by this I think 266-267mm foot length is the limit for 42.5, but 43 feels a bit too spacious even for 269mm. I will try to use some super thin additional insole and check if it helps.

All measurements were done with blue (++) Specialized insoles.

Fuji Cross 1.5 - Shimano 105 5800 | Cinelli Superstar Disc - Record 12s | Custom steel Karamba - Ekar 13s