Chris Froome Crash Conspiracy theories

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
SloRacer

by SloRacer

Just saw the cycling hub video, did he crash? Or was it just a cover-up? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYDvlkZq61c

Broady

by Broady

Flat earth is real, aliens exist, Hilary Clinton occultist conspiracies etc etc

by Weenie

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

Aliens exist! I don't believe they visited/are watching us, but we can't be alone in the whole universe. Now move this to chat :)

LouisN

by LouisN

One of these two riders is in desperate need for attention and would do anything for it.
The other one has a job.

Louis :)

NordicSal

by NordicSal

I will say, that he looks remarkably good for someone who crashed at more than 50 km/h, but I don't know.

moyboy

by moyboy

Let's toss this into the cycling chat forum.... don't need to read this

silvalis

by silvalis

Chasse patate

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

I couldn't watch that video long enough to get to the Chris Froome part but I did catch that my predictions for Lizzy Diamond proved correct. You're all forgiven.

robeambro

by robeambro

Provided that I haven't watched that beautiful video, so maybe some of this will have been answered by the tinfoil-hatted people..

- what exactly does crashing achieve? If he was to be sanctioned, wouldn't he be anyway now?
- even if there's a good reason to not partecipate to the TdF to cover up stuff, couldn't they just claim he had some kind of virus, without having to pretend a horrific crash had happened?

AJS914

by AJS914

Of course! Don't ask logical questions for which there are no answers! :-)

Cyclingtips covered this in their podcast yesterday.

AJS914

by AJS914

SloRacer wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:54 am
Just saw the cycling hub video, did he crash? Or was it just a cover-up? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYDvlkZq61c
Four ads on that video. Not worth anyone's time!

NordicSal

by NordicSal

robeambro wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:43 pm
Provided that I haven't watched that beautiful video, so maybe some of this will have been answered by the tinfoil-hatted people..

- what exactly does crashing achieve? If he was to be sanctioned, wouldn't he be anyway now?
- even if there's a good reason to not partecipate to the TdF to cover up stuff, couldn't they just claim he had some kind of virus, without having to pretend a horrific crash had happened?
I think the whole idea is that the UCI is in on it.

Personally, I hadn't given this a thought, but after watching Icarus, and learning about the Armstrong case, I guess nothing could shock me anymore.

northwestern

by northwestern

Dan Martin was behind when Chris crashed and saw the whole thing.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

NordicSal wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:20 pm
robeambro wrote:

If the UCI were in on it you wouldn't need to crash to cover anything up. You'd just cover it up quietly like a normal person...

NordicSal

by NordicSal

Karvalo wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:30 pm
NordicSal wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:20 pm
robeambro wrote:

If the UCI were in on it you wouldn't need to crash to cover anything up. You'd just cover it up quietly like a normal person...
Yea I guess it's a little elaborate to fake a crash leaving him unable to even walk for God knows how long.

by Weenie