Ceramic Speed pulleys - DA9070 RD hangs up shifting down to last cog

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

When I switched my Tarmac over to EPS, I pulled the Ceramic speed pulleys I had on the RD and out them on my TT bike...
I always had this recurring issue where the RD would sometimes hesitate or not even drop to the 11 cog on the Tarmac

I now have the Ceramic speed pulleys on my TT bike, and bang tonite, I had the same wont drop to the 11 cog woes on an entirely different 9070 RD..

Has anyone else experienced this? On the stand it is flawless... like I said I saw this before on the Tarmac.. but now Im thinking its the pulleys?

TonyM

by TonyM

You may want to check the limit screw (when you set the limit screws on the stand always turn these a bit (not too much, just a bit!) so that they allow some buffer for the use on the road)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sychen

by sychen

Is this the ospw setup or direct replacement using shimano hanger?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

And if it's not the limit screw, check the b-gap when in the small ring and biggest cog. Tighten it up if needed, otherwise shifting in general can be lazy.

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Wiggle the pulley sideways. Maybe it's floating around too much.

I like to use zero float pulleys myself. Some indexing matching between cassette and derailleur/shifter is so good that the float can be very low.

If you're not using a shimano chain maybe it also won't shift as happily.

Did you undo the B-screw down as much as possible without grinding the largest cog? Edit: TobinHatesYou was faster.

Do you have enough chain tension?

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Hey guys,
The only thing that has changed is the addition of the ceramic speed pulleys (just standard pulleys, not OSPW)
System worked fine with the Shimano pulleys..
WIll take a look at the B limit though

Sometimes it went, other times it wouldnt...

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Also check to see if you installed the pulleys the right way. The top and bottom have different designs and the bottom is always directional.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:58 pm
Also check to see if you installed the pulleys the right way. The top and bottom have different designs and the bottom is always directional.
That was the first thing I checked... on the stand its flawless... and its only the bottom cog.. sometimes it hangs, next time it goes.. its more not go than go...

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

The Shimano Di2 has an overshift feature on the 11 cog. The pulley will move past the position of the 11 cog, then a second later move back to the position of the 11 cog. The limit screw should be set to allow the pulley to move to the overshift position unimpeded. To rule out the limit setting I'd first back out the screw completely and test the shift to the 11 cog. If the problem goes away then you know it's the limit seetting.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com