Scott Addict Disc 2020

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
TheMalahat

by TheMalahat

ddddd1 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 12:03 pm

What is their weight compared to the standard syncros axles?
Sorry for the delay. 68gm for RTA, 121gm for Syncros without handle.

by Weenie

ddddd1

by ddddd1

that's actually much heavier than my most conservative expectation. Seems like I will be happy if the first version of my build will be under 7,5 kg

nodivision

by nodivision

What's everyone using for Garmin mounts, the Syncros k-edge from Scott? My RC Pro is on the way and I ordered a k-edge mount with inline holes direct but I noticed in photos yesterday the bolt hole on the IC bars aren't flat. I'm gussing the only option is the one from Scott. My understanding is they are out of stock. K-edge doesnt sell them on their site direct.

pmprego

by pmprego

I imagine that if it has some flexibility it might work. Maybe.

AED

by AED

nodivision

by nodivision

Yeah, kinda what I thought.. Bummer. Bike will be here end of the week as will the mount I bought. Might try and draw up a spacer/adapter and get it 3D printed or something. Wanted a mount to run Garmin but also would like to be able to mount light or camera on bottom.

AED

by AED

To add light you need k-edge gopro adapted - easy

TheMalahat

by TheMalahat

nodivision wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:03 pm
What's everyone using for Garmin mounts, the Syncros k-edge from Scott? My RC Pro is on the way and I ordered a k-edge mount with inline holes direct but I noticed in photos yesterday the bolt hole on the IC bars aren't flat. I'm gussing the only option is the one from Scott. My understanding is they are out of stock. K-edge doesnt sell them on their site direct.
If you don't care when they come from, Syncros in Canada definitely had the mount in stock as of last week. I think my LBS, Oak Bay Bikes, has one in or two in stock?

Beancouter

by Beancouter

AED wrote:To add light you need k-edge gopro adapted - easy

As AED says, easy. The odd bit is that a lot of resellers shoe a different photo and don’t list the Syncros mount - I double checked with k edge before I ordered. Look for the pics with the logo on it!

At some point this, along with my other RC stuff will make it into the WW classifieds section and eBay. Will try and do it at the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nodivision

by nodivision

Beancouter wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:45 pm
As AED says, easy. The odd bit is that a lot of resellers shoe a different photo and don’t list the Syncros mount - I double checked with k edge before I ordered. Look for the pics with the logo on it!
At some point this, along with my other RC stuff will make it into the WW classifieds section and eBay. Will try and do it at the weekend.
I would in interested in that mount!

pmprego

by pmprego

Anyone assembled one with sram etap? I was trying to find out which wedge worked best for the etap front derailleur. Thanks

GeoffS

by GeoffS

TheMalahat wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 4:30 am
ddddd1 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 12:03 pm

What is their weight compared to the standard syncros axles?
Sorry for the delay. 68gm for RTA, 121gm for Syncros without handle.
I presume 121gm for Syncros is the total weight for both front and rear axles ?

TheMalahat

by TheMalahat

Yessir

GeoffS

by GeoffS

TheMalahat wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 4:02 am
I ordered Robert Axles from their website, using the sizing from the bike finder tool on that page. Went to put them on today and found they were too small. E mailed them today with the actual sizes and am hoping that they've got something that works. I'll update if they do.
Hey Malahat, I'm interested in these Robert axles given the cost:weight ratio is pretty good. When you mention that what you received was too small, was this because they simply sent the wrong thing, or because the bike finder tool on their website selects the wrong items ?

by Weenie

TheMalahat

by TheMalahat

Here's the correct ones, not sure if their finder tool is updated or now - this is 2020 only.

Front: LIG505 (LINK)
Rear: LIG604 (LINK)
Spacer: https://robertaxleproject.com/product/axle-spacers/