Scott Addict Disc 2020

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
M4lukz

by M4lukz

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:30 am
I won’t be so kind. This bike was announced in June 2019. It is now the end of February 2020. Some companies really can’t resist soft-launching products.
My approach (not wanting to go for the HMX-SL frame) was to pop into the closes BikeShop with bikes in stock, choose a color that I liked and change the groupset to the one I wanted. Ended up walking out of it with a RC10 grey equipped with Sram Force AXS.
Before that I was 2months+ into waiting for a complete stock blue rc30...

by Weenie

Neillp

by Neillp

GeoffS wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:10 am
I have an Addict RC15, and last night replaced the 11-30t cassette with a 11-32t. I also changed the Di2 R8050 short cage derailleur with a medium cage. Now it is almost impossible to fit the rear wheel - the derailleur arm doesn't pivot back far enough to allow clearance between the 11t cog and the jockey wheel. Deflating the tyre, or removing the derailleur seems to be the only options. Anyone else seen this ?

This is my first Di2 bike, so it is entirely possible I just don't know the correct procedure for rear wheel changes (but I didn't have any problems removing/installing the rear wheel with the 30t cassette)...
I can't help exactly but this might be an easy fix... the short cage should work okay with the 11-32 (google it, quite a few people have tried it, just screw the stop all the way out to give it room on the 32 cog). The only issue is you cant update this on the E tube software so if you are using syncro shifting you will need to review when shifting happens and maybe make some manual changes. Assuming that works I have just saved you a headache and the cost of the new rear mech :)

I am guessing you are trying to ease off your gearing slightly? Another option would be to put a 34 inner chainring on instead of the 36. It means you would have a 34/52 front set up but again there it lots of talk of it on google and it seems to work ok.

pmprego

by pmprego

Neillp wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:11 pm
GeoffS wrote:
I have an Addict RC15, and last night replaced the 11-30t cassette with a 11-32t. I also changed the Di2 R8050 short cage derailleur with a medium cage. Now it is almost impossible to fit the rear wheel - the derailleur arm doesn't pivot back far enough to allow clearance between the 11t cog and the jockey wheel. Deflating the tyre, or removing the derailleur seems to be the only options. Anyone else seen this ?

This is my first Di2 bike, so it is entirely possible I just don't know the correct procedure for rear wheel changes (but I didn't have any problems removing/installing the rear wheel with the 30t cassette)...
I can't help exactly but this might be an easy fix... the short cage should work okay with the 11-32 (google it, quite a few people have tried it, just screw the stop all the way out to give it room on the 32 cog). The only issue is you cant update this on the E tube software so if you are using syncro shifting you will need to review when shifting happens and maybe make some manual changes. Assuming that works I have just saved you a headache and the cost of the new rear mech :)

I am guessing you are trying to ease off your gearing slightly? Another option would be to put a 34 inner chainring on instead of the 36. It means you would have a 34/52 front set up but again there it lots of talk of it on google and it seems to work ok.
Hold on on that 34/52. I've been using for a couple of months. It works. But it's far from perfect. Harder to change front rings and not having drop chains (from small to big ring).

When on the small ring you lose several sprockets in the back that you'd normally have because the chain starts rubbing on the larger 52 front ring.

This is to say that I have been using in training but for races I'll move to the original version.

Neillp

by Neillp

pmprego wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:08 pm
Neillp wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:11 pm
GeoffS wrote:

Hold on on that 34/52. I've been using for a couple of months. It works. But it's far from perfect. Harder to change front rings and not having drop chains (from small to big ring).

When on the small ring you lose several sprockets in the back that you'd normally have because the chain starts rubbing on the larger 52 front ring.

This is to say that I have been using in training but for races I'll move to the original version.
Thanks that is good to know, using the synrco mode on di2 may overcome some of this as you can select when it changes between the front rings.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:30 am
I won’t be so kind. This bike was announced in June 2019. It is now the end of February 2020. Some companies really can’t resist soft-launching products.
I was in the Addict bandwagon but Im not anymore. Love everything about it but this godamn delivery dates are absurd in North America.

I think there's only 1 shop I know who has it on display in a 100km radius from where I am.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

In fairness to Scott, accepting the soft launch is an idea dreamt up by morons, I suspect the short supply may be as much a dealer (or international distributor) issue. If you look at Damian Harris in the Uk, they have massive collection of prebuilt bikes (although not frames) - I am led to believe the availability is a feed from the Scott UK system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomTheKiwi

by TomTheKiwi

I have ordered the Scott Addict RC 30 as I love the blue frame. I've got a few mods planned including some Light Bicycle AR56 wheels with 25mm GP5000's. All going well I will have the bike mid March when the next shipment arrives in Australia. The RC 30 retails for AUD5,000 for a complete bike with Ultegra mechanical and alloy wheels. That's pretty good considering this is an HMX grade frameset. For comparison a Specialized Tarmac SL6 Disc frameset only is AUD6,500 so the Scott is a good deal (although the Specialized wins on warranty, lifetime vs 5 years/3 years only if you don't service it with Scott Aus Bike Shop each year). The first upgrade is the saddle, a black Syncros Belcarra V1.0 coming in at 180g.
Attachments
Belcarra_V1.jpeg

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Beancouter wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:24 pm
In fairness to Scott, accepting the soft launch is an idea dreamt up by morons, I suspect the short supply may be as much a dealer (or international distributor) issue. If you look at Damian Harris in the Uk, they have massive collection of prebuilt bikes (although not frames) - I am led to believe the availability is a feed from the Scott UK system.

No one is "accepting" a soft launch. They just aren't accepting continual delays because Scott can't get their act together. When Trek announces a new bike, it is almost always available immediately. When SRAM announced AXS, it was available immediately. It is or it isn't. There's no acceptance or denial.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

If you did some research, you would see in the UK there is lots of stock in the system.

Last edited by Beancouter on Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Just a sample .... green in stock...

SashaJoseph

by SashaJoseph

57DCC004-251D-4233-BAFA-F2D199C430E1.jpeg
Mine, 6,54kg as picture.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Very nice sashajoseph

pmprego

by pmprego

SashaJoseph wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:11 pm

Mine, 6,54kg as picture.
Very very nice. Which size? And wheels?

SashaJoseph

by SashaJoseph

pmprego wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:31 pm
SashaJoseph wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:11 pm

Mine, 6,54kg as picture.
Very very nice. Which size? And wheels?
Thanks. It is a large (56cm). Wheels are duke baccara with dt180 hubs. On the picture, front is 36mm and rear 48mm. I also have a 2nd pair of the same wheels in 42mm front and rear; 4 possible combinations thus.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Hey Beancounter - unfortunately they've made a decisions based on demand. Europe is stocked to the brim, while NA is puttering like a 70yr old in bed.

Amyway I'm happy for those who got one immediately. But as THY says, theyll get eaten up once Trek/Spesh announces their new bikes as their due this yr. Love on how Trek announces and theyre stocked immediately (thats how I got my Trek bike before). Cannondale was the same with their SS.

by Weenie