Scott Addict Disc 2020

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Karvalo

by Karvalo

twc1986 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:28 pm
Perhaps my inside leg measurement is incorrect, given that's the only one that hasn't been taken by a professional?!
Probably, most people are way off in what they quote. But are you sure you're 174cm? As in 5'8"? because a saddle height of 80cm at that height is genuinely nuts.

by Weenie

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Karvalo wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:33 am
twc1986 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:28 pm
Perhaps my inside leg measurement is incorrect, given that's the only one that hasn't been taken by a professional?!
Probably, most people are way off in what they quote. But are you sure you're 174cm? As in 5'8"? because a saddle height of 80cm at that height is genuinely nuts.

I have little doubt every single one of his measurements is wrong...

numberSix

by numberSix

twc, the reason for the questions is resolving the fit issue before you spend $$$$ on a new frame.

So you're running the cleats all the way back, what shoe size? For ~eu45 shoes that would be ~11mm behind BoFOPS, and results in a saddle height ~7mm lower than standard BoFOPS.

Leg length: this is sit bones to the floor, skivvies, socks, no shoes or chamois. Butt and heels against the wall, put a dictionary between your legs and pull up with the same compression as sitting on the saddle. The book's bottom edge needs to be flat on the wall so the book's spine is level. Have your assistant measure from the spine to the floor.

I find that people still like KOPS when the cleats are moved back. So,
Saddle height (Cleats back) = legLength x 0.898
or cleats at BoFOPS = legLength x 0.907.
Obviously these are start points, adjust to suit. 3mm is a noticeable change.

twc1986

by twc1986

Def 174cm height, measured by the doc.

Shoe size is 44.5.

Re. leg length measuring - the process you describe is exactly how we measured my inside leg, so should be pretty accurate.

Going to try riding the 56cm frame on Friday so should be able to tell whether it's the right size or not from that.

pmprego

by pmprego

twc1986 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:51 pm

Shoe size is 44.5.

Re. leg length measuring - the process you describe is exactly how we measured my inside leg, so should be pretty accurate.

Going to try riding the 56cm frame on Friday so should be able to tell whether it's the right size or not from that.
The thread completely went sideways from the original tittle but man... 174cm and 44.5 shoe size is really something! :D

twc1986

by twc1986

pmprego wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:53 pm
twc1986 wrote:

Shoe size is 44.5.

The thread completely went sideways from the original tittle but man... 174cm and 44.5 shoe size is really something! :D
Yeh sorry for hijacking the thread folks, and thanks for all the responses, I'll let the conversation get back to more interesting topics now! :)

pmprego

by pmprego

twc1986 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:35 pm
pmprego wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:53 pm
twc1986 wrote:

Shoe size is 44.5.

Yeh sorry for hijacking the thread folks, and thanks for all the responses, I'll let the conversation get back to more interesting topics now! :)
Don't worry. I'm also new to the sport. I think you need all the help from people around here. Before you buy the wrong sized frame.

As for height and shoe size I'm on the other side of the sprectrum with 180cm and shoe size no 39/39.5 (depending on brand - which also depending on the brand makes me search for product in the kids section).

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Beancouter wrote:Question for any Di2 addict owners, how is the battery held in the seatpost? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To bring the thread back on to topic of the addict .... any thoughts?

AED

by AED

Beancouter wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:16 pm
Beancouter wrote:Question for any Di2 addict owners, how is the battery held in the seatpost? Cheers
There is small plastic bit made on the bottom of seatpost which holds the battery in place

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Ok. Will try, again, to speak to Scott for an part number.

Thanks

GeoffS

by GeoffS

I have an Addict RC15, and last night replaced the 11-30t cassette with a 11-32t. I also changed the Di2 R8050 short cage derailleur with a medium cage. Now it is almost impossible to fit the rear wheel - the derailleur arm doesn't pivot back far enough to allow clearance between the 11t cog and the jockey wheel. Deflating the tyre, or removing the derailleur seems to be the only options. Anyone else seen this ?

This is my first Di2 bike, so it is entirely possible I just don't know the correct procedure for rear wheel changes (but I didn't have any problems removing/installing the rear wheel with the 30t cassette)...

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

Bad news.
My frameset was for the 9 March. Now it will be a month later, because the arrive is for the April. I am waiting from October 2019 and I think that 6/7 months to deliver a frame are a very unpleasantness.

I find it absurd not to respect such long dates.

Finally, there is also the risk that due to the coronavirus the frame will still be delayed or will never be delivered again.

Never again scott.

pmprego

by pmprego

REDUTOPIA wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:04 am
Bad news.
My frameset was for the 9 March. Now it will be a month later, because the arrive is for the April. I am waiting from October 2019 and I think that 6/7 months to deliver a frame are a very unpleasantness.

I find it absurd not to respect such long dates.

Finally, there is also the risk that due to the coronavirus the frame will still be delayed or will never be delivered again.

Never again scott.
I'm usually very critic to brands no fulfilling their commitments. In this case, there are some mitigating factors.

As you said, the Coronavirus was something totally unexpected. Its creating problems to scott but also to all other brands, both in cycling but all industries (there are textile factories in Europe closing down because they don't have the raw materials that would usually come from China).

You are waiting for the ultimate version, aren't you? My lbs when commenting about that one immediately told me that the wait would be severe as they only make a couple of them for each country!!

As for scott, I ended up buying an addict versus a canyon because with the canyon I would have to be always scouting their website for availability. I didn't want that and I preferred the confort of having a representative.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I won’t be so kind. This bike was announced in June 2019. It is now the end of February 2020. Some companies really can’t resist soft-launching products.

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:30 am
I won’t be so kind. This bike was announced in June 2019. It is now the end of February 2020. Some companies really can’t resist soft-launching products.
And the price was revealed in September. I ordered only a month later. So I shouldn't be so far in the queue but many months have already passed.

by Weenie