Scott Addict Disc 2020

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
smz5969

by smz5969

Just placed an order for the M size.

I am 181cm. LBS said not much of a difference between the M and the L size, example the top tube horizontal measurements (550mm and 565mm).

The only thing you have to figure out is how the seatpost is going to look. Depending on your seatpost height (mine is 757mm), with the L is going to be look short, although some might still like it (old school, traditional). Your seatpost height is very long.

I was also on a 56cm Canyon Roadlite, had a bike fitted 1 year ago. A very relaxed geometry setting but was using a 80mm stem. Long legs. Short reach.

Just my 2 cents.

twc1986 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:38 am
Hey folks,

I'm new here but wonder if you could help me out with sizing choice for new Addict please? I'm thinking of ordering a Pro but unsure whether I need a M or a L.

I'm 174cm tall but my inseam is a ridiculous 86.5cm.

My current saddle height is 80.1cm, which I believe would be on the absolute limit for the M frame - can anyone confirm please?

Assuming that's correct, the saddle to bar drop would be quite extreme and require most/all 4cm of the available spacers - which makes me think the L would be better. Obviously this would mean the reach would be longer. I note that the minimum stem length is 90mm.

For reference, my current bike is a 56cm Mason Definition with a reach of 388 (plus a 90mm stem) and stack of 580. This is my three season bike so am happy to have a more aggressive riding position for the summer months. Would a L be ok for me or would I be super stretched?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Tom

Neillp

by Neillp

twc1986 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:38 am
Hey folks,

I'm new here but wonder if you could help me out with sizing choice for new Addict please? I'm thinking of ordering a Pro but unsure whether I need a M or a L.

I'm 174cm tall but my inseam is a ridiculous 86.5cm.

My current saddle height is 80.1cm, which I believe would be on the absolute limit for the M frame - can anyone confirm please?

Assuming that's correct, the saddle to bar drop would be quite extreme and require most/all 4cm of the available spacers - which makes me think the L would be better. Obviously this would mean the reach would be longer. I note that the minimum stem length is 90mm.

For reference, my current bike is a 56cm Mason Definition with a reach of 388 (plus a 90mm stem) and stack of 580. This is my three season bike so am happy to have a more aggressive riding position for the summer months. Would a L be ok for me or would I be super stretched?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Tom
I guess it depends on your flexibility, the M will give you a significant drop to the bars and the L more of a stretch, might be worth trying both options on your current bike to see which you prefer (less spacers or longer stem). It won't be perfect but it will give you a steer.
Also worth noting that the L comes with a 25mm offset seatpost where I don't think the M does (I stand to be corrected), if you can get the LBS to swap that out then the L might be the better option. Swapping the seatpost later will cost you £200!

I went wth the L but I am the opposite to you - short legs long torso. I am 182cm tall with seat height of 78cm.

I don't think the geometory of the Addict is that severve and have already taken 20mm of spacers out and may take out another 10mm. I tried the Cannondale Super Six which is meant to have similar geometry but that just felt awful, not sure why to be honest I just felt very stretched.

by Weenie

twc1986

by twc1986

Really useful, thanks all. I've managed to find a LBS that can get a demonstrator in a L for me to test out.

Interesting about the L having an offset seatpost...will have a look.

Cheers

Karvalo

by Karvalo

twc1986 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:55 pm
Thanks for all the replies. The inseam was measured by my wife, but all other measurements are from my bike fitter, so am confident they are accurate. I have compared bike measurements to my last bike fit too and all within tolerance.
Do you have any side on pics from the fits or while riding? I'd be interested to see what someone of such extreme proportions looks like.

twc1986

by twc1986

Karvalo wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:35 pm
twc1986 wrote:
Thanks for all the replies. The inseam was measured by my wife, but all other measurements are from my bike fitter, so am confident they are accurate. I have compared bike measurements to my last bike fit too and all within tolerance.
Do you have any side on pics from the fits or while riding? I'd be interested to see what someone of such extreme proportions looks like.
No bike fit pics I'm afraid, but don't think it's that extreme on my current bike since it's quite a relaxed geometry. I've attached a pic of my current fit on size 56cm frame for reference.
Attachments
IMG_1913.jpg

Neillp

by Neillp

twc1986 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:35 pm
Karvalo wrote:
twc1986 wrote:
No bike fit pics I'm afraid, but don't think it's that extreme on my current bike since it's quite a relaxed geometry. I've attached a pic of my current fit on size 56cm frame for reference.
Looking at that I reckon a L with a zero offset seatpost and a slammed (ish) stem would be where you should be heading. I think you would be leaving a lot of spacers in place on the M.

twc1986

by twc1986

Neillp wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:47 pm
twc1986 wrote:
Karvalo wrote:
twc1986 wrote:
Looking at that I reckon a L with a zero offset seatpost and a slammed (ish) stem would be where you should be heading. I think you would be leaving a lot of spacers in place on the M.
Great, cheers for the recomendation. Excuse my ignorance, but any idea what offset my current seatpost is?

Karvalo

by Karvalo

twc1986 wrote:
Karvalo wrote:
twc1986 wrote:
I meant riding pics of you. Your proportions are quite extreme. For reference I'm about 2cm shorter than you with a saddle height about 5.5cm lower and I'm already on the top end of saddle height vs overall height of anyone I've seen who has an even remotely accurate setup.

twc1986

by twc1986

Karvalo wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:04 am
twc1986 wrote:
Karvalo wrote:
twc1986 wrote:
I meant riding pics of you. Your proportions are quite extreme. For reference I'm about 2cm shorter than you with a saddle height about 5.5cm lower and I'm already on the top end of saddle height vs overall height of anyone I've seen who has an even remotely accurate setup.
No pics of me riding either I'm afraid.

Neillp

by Neillp

twc1986 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:02 pm
Neillp wrote:
twc1986 wrote:
Karvalo wrote:

Great, cheers for the recomendation. Excuse my ignorance, but any idea what offset my current seatpost is?
Difficult to tell but it looks as though you do have some offset in your current seatpost, the clamp is towards the back of the seat rails. If you have had a proffessional bike fit there may well be a good reason for this which would be to ensure your knee postion is correct during the pedal stroke. Each bike will be different as this also depends on the seat post angle etc.... Have a look at the link below which shows the different offset seapost available for the Scott RC.

https://www.syncros.com/gb/en/products/ ... -seatposts

numberSix

by numberSix

twc "I'm 174cm tall but my inseam is a ridiculous 86.5cm"
A normal saddle height for that leg length would be 770mm to 774mm. This is assuming a flattish saddle. Add +5mm for a round cross section saddle.

This is measuring fom bottom bracket spindle centerline to the saddle's horizon line 2/3 back from the nose. Also leg length via the dictionary method simulating sitting pressure.

So at 801mm saddle height something, whether measuring technique, nomenclature, or?? Is amiss.

twc1986

by twc1986

Neillp wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:24 pm
twc1986 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:02 pm
Neillp wrote:
twc1986 wrote:

Difficult to tell but it looks as though you do have some offset in your current seatpost, the clamp is towards the back of the seat rails. If you have had a proffessional bike fit there may well be a good reason for this which would be to ensure your knee postion is correct during the pedal stroke. Each bike will be different as this also depends on the seat post angle etc.... Have a look at the link below which shows the different offset seapost available for the Scott RC.

https://www.syncros.com/gb/en/products/ ... -seatposts
Useful, thanks for this. You are right, clarified with Mason and it's a 20mm offset seat post.

twc1986

by twc1986

numberSix wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:23 pm
twc "I'm 174cm tall but my inseam is a ridiculous 86.5cm"
A normal saddle height for that leg length would be 770mm to 774mm. This is assuming a flattish saddle. Add +5mm for a round cross section saddle.

This is measuring fom bottom bracket spindle centerline to the saddle's horizon line 2/3 back from the nose. Also leg length via the dictionary method simulating sitting pressure.

So at 801mm saddle height something, whether measuring technique, nomenclature, or?? Is amiss.
The measurement I provided is measure from centre of bottom bracket to top of saddle, measuring along the line of the seat tube, so would be longer than the measurement you describe...I reckon.

numberSix

by numberSix

...which on the bike pictured would mean your true saddle height is over 801mm. Do you ride toe-down? Are you way in front if KOPS? Are your cleats in front of BoFOPS? If not, something is not-right.

by Weenie

twc1986

by twc1986

numberSix wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:32 pm
...which on the bike pictured would mean your true saddle height is over 801mm. Do you ride toe-down? Are you way in front if KOPS? Are your cleats in front of BoFOPS? If not, something is not-right.
Feet are quite flat when riding, and if anthing a little heel-down, although the amount of this was reduced by the fit. As far as I know, my cleat position is standard, in that it is within the tolerance of what is allowed by the cleats/shoes. The cleats are pulled back as far as they can go, so unlikely to be in front of BoF. Perhaps my inside leg measurement is incorrect, given that's the only one that hasn't been taken by a professional?!