Scott Addict Disc 2020

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Henryexige

by Henryexige

Schell wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:07 pm
The 4.5 ARs are designed to be peak aero at 28mm (unknown to me whether this is as labeled or measured). But according to Enve, the min recommended tire for this wheel given its internal width is 28mm, so take that for what it's worth.

There are many advantages of wider rubber. True that while frontal areas increases (A), depending on the tire -> wheel -> frame interaction wider tires can still drop the coefficient of drag (CD) more resulting in a more aero package. Moreover, there seems to be a propoderance of edivence that over imperfect roads, the increase in volume, and proportional decrease in pressures, result in lower CRR (rolling resistence). So in this case A is only one small piece of the puzzle.

If you are interested in running road tubeless, the additional volume (volume increases at the square of radius) and lower pressures that wider tires can achieve result in conditions that in the event of a pucnture are far more likley to seal (as opposed to all the air blowing out before a puncture is sealed under higher pressure condition). Subjectively, riding a 28 at 65-70psi, if far more comfortable than a 25 at 80psi, so that's another gain.

It has been speculated by persons much smarter than I that peak CDA/CRR effect falls around 30-32mm, so if a 28 gets me to 30mm, and I can get it to fit the frame while still falling within the rule of 105 (front rim width on the ARs is 31.5) and maximizing CD with a 1500g wheelset, then that's what I'm gonna do.

The Heds are 30mm wide (21 internal), so you'd need to downsize the tire to maintain the rule of 105 (so something labeled ~26mm). It's conveivable that a 25mm tire on this rim would be an undersized compromise in pretty much every category, but hey, if it doesn't slash the sidewalls and I get to keep all my teeth, that's cool too.
Guys so the Scott addict rc pro frameset can run perfectly on Enve 3.4 AR disc series wheel set with 28mm tires?

pmprego

by pmprego

Henryexige wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:07 pm
Schell wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:07 pm
The 4.5 ARs are designed to be peak aero at 28mm (unknown to me whether this is as labeled or measured). But according to Enve, the min recommended tire for this wheel given its internal width is 28mm, so take that for what it's worth.
Guys so the Scott addict rc pro frameset can run perfectly on Enve 3.4 AR disc series wheel set with 28mm tires?
Why wouldn't? The regular bikes comes fitted with 28mm tires anyways.

by Weenie

VeloHelo

by VeloHelo

Hi, first post for me...
After reading alot about the addict rc, i bought a frameset. Has anybody done a build with mecanical shifting? I could need some tips for cable routing. Does the cable for the front shifter go under the bottom bracket or over it? And does anybody have a manual as i didin't get one...

Fitting the cable houses through the creston ic sl is pretty hard, but i think, it should work. But i hope, i wont have to do this again. Next time ill go with di2.

But the frame ist a beauty!

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Firstly congrats!

I took a mechanical version to pieces and the cables (shifter and rear disc) both ran under the BB. As an aside, They were both wrapped in a foam sheath.

As for the bars, I have just done the hydraulic hoses in my carbon Creston IC and they were surprisingly easy (plus Di2); that said, taking the mechanical cables out of the aluminium bars (when I stripped the bike down) were really tight.

If it were me, I would therefore do the shifter cables first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dannywin42

by dannywin42

The front deraillieur cable runs up the seat tube above the bb, at least it does in mine. The only cables under it are the rear deraillieur and the rear hydraulic hose. Congrats on the bike

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

me248

by me248

Hi guys,

Great to see the photos of your new bikes and all the info you have provided that you cant get from the scott website.
What are your thoughts on travelling with the integrated handlebar? Is it possible to remove the bar and rotate it to lay against the frame, or is there no room at all for cable slack?

I'm interested in the addict RC, but almost all interesting riding near me requires getting on a plane (I live on an island).

Cheers
Mike

AED

by AED

me248 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:51 am
Great to see the photos of your new bikes and all the info you have provided that you cant get from the scott website.
What are your thoughts on travelling with the integrated handlebar? Is it possible to remove the bar and rotate it to lay against the frame, or is there no room at all for cable slack?
Mike, it is possible, but way more complicated than not integrated. Disc brakes doesn't help either.

pmprego

by pmprego

To the people who bought frame "only". Does it come with seatpost clamp ready for ovail rails? If not, which one did you buy? Thanks.

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

I ordered in November the frame Scott Addict RC ultimate team Ed. the arrival is scheduled for March but today is arrived the handlebar. It is a 42 c-c x 100mm and I I weighed it for you. Only 318g with the two screws. The top plug cover is 16g.

bespoke

by bespoke

Thank you; is the reach and drop on these bars known?
Its always tricky on one piece bars; and very expensive if you get it wrong !!
Warning - Inherently biased:
www.bespokecycling.com

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

Drop 125mm
Reach 75mm

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Here’s mine Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andres

by Andres

VeloHelo wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:57 pm
Hi, first post for me...
After reading alot about the addict rc, i bought a frameset. Has anybody done a build with mecanical shifting? I could need some tips for cable routing. Does the cable for the front shifter go under the bottom bracket or over it? And does anybody have a manual as i didin't get one...

Fitting the cable houses through the creston ic sl is pretty hard, but i think, it should work. But i hope, i wont have to do this again. Next time ill go with di2.

But the frame ist a beauty!
Just in case, this bike is only compatible with Shimano's latest generation mechanical, not Campy, not Sram. The derailleur (R8000 & R9000) needs to have a housing stop since there's no stop for the housing on the frame. You'll basically need to run full housing all the way to the derailleur.

bespoke

by bespoke

Thank you all very much. Bars are spot on for me!
Warning - Inherently biased:
www.bespokecycling.com

by Weenie

g32ecs

by g32ecs

me248 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:51 am
Hi guys,

I'm interested in the addict RC, but almost all interesting riding near me requires getting on a plane (I live on an island).

Cheers
Mike
Too much slack cant be good. You run the risk of moving the cables inside and it'll create kinks since it has to settle and bend somewhere, and where it bends get get a bit tricky too.