Scott Addict Disc 2020

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
C36

by C36

pmprego wrote:
C36 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:55 pm
What are the stiffness numbers? The picture is low res and i font speak german
Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
hum seems Tapatalk reduce the quality of pictures... here an extract of mydatabase.
Neither the last Addict or Izalco are really impressive comparing to quite older frames (Tarmac, SSe2 or Ultimate)

extract 2020.png
dannywin42 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:29 pm

All of that seems the addict not for 2020.

Source??
Tour Magazin feb 2020
I can pull data from previous model, lighter and flexier if I recall.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

C36

by C36

Beancouter wrote:Scott fork weight looks a bit high - mine is 374g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Painting or size? They measured it on a 56 size greyish colour.

by Weenie

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Blue - RC30 - 56 frame

The Tour weight might be nearer if they include the expander - the OEM one is a brick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C36

by C36

C36 wrote:
pmprego wrote:
C36 wrote:
hum seems Tapatalk reduce the quality of pictures... here an extract of mydatabase.
Neither the last Addict or Izalco are really impressive comparing to quite older frames (Tarmac, SSe2 or Ultimate)

extract 2020.png
dannywin42 wrote:

Source??
Tour Magazin feb 2020

M4lukz

by M4lukz

C36 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:59 am

Those weights seem a bit higher than I was expecting

pmprego

by pmprego

C36 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:59 am
C36 wrote:
pmprego wrote:
C36 wrote:

Which clamp is that on the spreadsheet?

Additionally, my german is no good. Thus, I went to google translate and what google translate told me kind of goes the opposite to what that speadsheet implies:

"The fact that the frame is aerodynamically pretty good is demonstrated by the reference measurement with zipp wheels, with which the wheel is improved by a whopping eleven watts"

M4lukz

by M4lukz

pmprego wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:11 pm

Additionally, my german is no good. Thus, I went to google translate and what google translate told me kind of goes the opposite to what that speadsheet implies:

"The fact that the frame is aerodynamically pretty good is demonstrated by the reference measurement with zipp wheels, with which the wheel is improved by a whopping eleven watts"
Also quite curious about the clamp weight measurements... according to the early reviews, the seatclamp claimed weight was in the 12 grams area, therefore I'm finding that "72g" weight is hard to believe... according to @Beancouter measurements, the clamp was 16g

g32ecs

by g32ecs

C36 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:12 am
pmprego wrote:
C36 wrote:

extract 2020.png
dannywin42 wrote:

Source??
Tour Magazin feb 2020

Can someone translate the entire bit? Much appreciated.

pmprego

by pmprego

M4lukz wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:30 pm
pmprego wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:11 pm

Also quite curious about the clamp weight measurements... according to the early reviews, the seatclamp claimed weight was in the 12 grams area, therefore I'm finding that "72g" weight is hard to believe... according to @Beancouter measurements, the clamp was 16g
Yep. That's why I've asked. Nonetheless, i was in doubt between the addict and the ultimate. At the time I concluded that that frame and fork of the addict were heavier than the canyon ultimate. But the handlebar of the addict was lighter and they were able to shave weight there making it overall the same in the end.

Gc32s I translated that in Google. It actually says that the addict has good aerodynamic properties. Not what you conclude from the spreadsheet.

C36

by C36

M4lukz wrote: Also quite curious about the clamp weight measurements... according to the early reviews, the seatclamp claimed weight was in the 12 grams area, therefore I'm finding that "72g" weight is hard to believe... according to @Beancouter measurements, the clamp was 16g
Hum my file started 5-6 years ago guess I erased original header over time. On top of my head that’s the “direction”, can’t remember if it’s bearings or bearings + compression plug.

Stoffa

by Stoffa

I really like this bike a lot. Keep showing me your builds people!

Marvinman

by Marvinman

Google Translation of the Tour magazine for the Addict 2020 below. As others mentioned the test seems to have been with standard wheels. With Zipp 404s, the result drops by 11w

'The Addict RC10 is the only bike in the test with a noble Dura Ace group with mechanical gears. However, the long-standing dream group of many racing cyclists makes little difference in price compared to the electric Ultegra D2. Advantage Dura Ace: It saves about 200 grams in weight compared to the Ultegra D2. With the 925 gram frame adre actually laid the basis for a really light racer. The fact that the bike still weighs almost eight kilograms is due to the Synchros aluminum wheels, which are quite difficult due to their rim height of only 24 millimeters. 28 mm wide tires in combination with the well resilient carbon support bring a lot of comfort, but in the fight against the wind the thick rubbers cost speed. The measured value of 229 watts at 45 km / h is surprisingly high for a bike at this level. The fact that the frame is actually aerodynamically pretty good is proven by the reference measurement with Zipp - 404 wheels, with which the wheel improves by a whopping eleven watts.'

pmprego

by pmprego

Marvinman wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:46 pm
Google Translation of the Tour magazine for the Addict 2020 below. As others mentioned the test seems to have been with standard wheels. With Zipp 404s, the result drops by 11w

'The Addict RC10 is the only bike in the test with a noble Dura Ace group with mechanical gears. However, the long-standing dream group of many racing cyclists makes little difference in price compared to the electric Ultegra D2. Advantage Dura Ace: It saves about 200 grams in weight compared to the Ultegra D2. With the 925 gram frame adre actually laid the basis for a really light racer. The fact that the bike still weighs almost eight kilograms is due to the Synchros aluminum wheels, which are quite difficult due to their rim height of only 24 millimeters. 28 mm wide tires in combination with the well resilient carbon support bring a lot of comfort, but in the fight against the wind the thick rubbers cost speed. The measured value of 229 watts at 45 km / h is surprisingly high for a bike at this level. The fact that the frame is actually aerodynamically pretty good is proven by the reference measurement with Zipp - 404 wheels, with which the wheel improves by a whopping eleven watts.'
So if they use different components (especially wheels and tires) it kills the purpose of comparing bikes regarding aero properties.

For instance, regarding the canyon ultimate which should a direct competitor. Was the canyon fitted with the wheels that came with the bike at the time (mavic cosmic carbon wheel)? If it was then the comparison should be the reference addict aero value and subtracting 11w to it.

Marvinman

by Marvinman

Below is the canyon - seems to suggest they tested with 62mm DT Swiss. On the comparison chart posted earlier in the thread, the grey bar compares the bikes when all have Zipp 404s fitted:

'You can't tell that the Aeroad came onto the market in 2014. In combination with the chic handlebar stem unit, its frame still looks up to date. In terms of aerodynamics, the bike is still one of the best in its field. Canyon relentlessly exploits the price advantage of direct sales with lleora. Equipped with Ultegra-Di2 group, carbon wheels from DT Swiss with 62 millimeters high. Interesting detail: The front turns from top tires and the wheel is a 23 millimeter narrow tire over rims for aerodynamic reasons, the rear is a more comfortable, easier rolling 25er. The short head tube and a correspondingly low positioned handlebar bring an aerodynamic posture. The slim seat post effectively iron out bumps. There are still very few racing bikes that manage the balancing act between aerodynamics and feather comfort in a similarly convincing manner.'

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Marvinman wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:46 pm

Appreciate it

What all-rounder frames are 1-2-3 according to the mag?

Also, I was always curious on how they test it. They use machines or actual ride

by Weenie