Scott Addict Disc 2020

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
dannywin42

by dannywin42

I've no idea how it rides yet, its way too wet and miserable where i am. I'll prob get it out for a test ride once I've finished waxing the chain and cleaning the drive train and frame up. Its presently covered in a thin sheen of oily fingerprints and so it cant possibly be ridden

Plus the tyres arent properly aligned to the valves so it will assplode if inride it at moment. Looking forward to the maiden voyage that's for sure. It looks very cosy sat next to my foil rc though

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

dannywin42

by dannywin42

Weighed it without chain or cassette at 6.6kg.

Put it roughly at 7.4 with everything including pedals and cages

M4lukz

by M4lukz

dannywin42 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:10 pm
Weighed it without chain or cassette at 6.6kg.

Put it roughly at 7.4 with everything including pedals and cages

Correct me if I'm wrong, you're running DA mech, and the frame is the HMX (non SL) one, right?

dannywin42

by dannywin42

Correct

dannywin42

by dannywin42

Few pics in sun after a quick wipe down with panel wipe. Few holograms here n there to polish out but generally looks great . Wheels suit it tooImageImage

Neillp

by Neillp

dannywin42 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:37 pm
Few pics in sun after a quick wipe down with panel wipe. Few holograms here n there to polish out but generally looks great . Wheels suit it tooImageImage

Looks great!
I picked up my RC15 yesterday in Grey, apartently it is lighter than the red version :)

Hoping to get out on it tomorrow.

mpower

by mpower

Looks really good.

dannywin42

by dannywin42

Neillp wrote:
dannywin42 wrote:

Looks great!
I picked up my RC15 yesterday in Grey, apartently it is lighter than the red version :)

Does the 15 have the integrate bar/stem? If not then I'd guess its heavier than the red version, especially if you're talking about the ultimate frame set. They are all very light though. Looking forward to getting the paint fully corrected and coated so I can ride it haha

pmprego

by pmprego

dannywin42 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:23 pm
Neillp wrote:
dannywin42 wrote:

Looks great!

Does the 15 have the integrate bar/stem? If not then I'd guess its heavier than the red version, especially if you're talking about the ultimate frame set. They are all very light though. Looking forward to getting the paint fully corrected and coated so I can ride it haha

What is the final weight? I have the RC Pro on order and making a huge effort just to assemble it after the summer but with those pictures is not gonna be easy... :noidea: :D

Edit: Really slammed stem!! :)

M4lukz

by M4lukz

Neillp wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:01 pm
dannywin42 wrote:

Looks great!

I got the 10/15 grey frame with Force AXS, quite curious to see the final weight... also picking it up tomorrow. Do share the weight after! (my size = m54)

dannywin42

by dannywin42

pmprego wrote:
dannywin42 wrote:
Neillp wrote:
dannywin42 wrote:

Looks great!

What is the final weight? I have the RC Pro on order and making a huge effort just to assemble it after the summer but with those pictures is not gonna be easy... :noidea: :D

Edit: Really slammed stem!! :)
Not sure till I build it back up, probably at the weekend after paint correction but educated guess of 7.4kg with pedals and cages. I have corsa controls and latex tubes in at the moment so not very WW.

Neillp

by Neillp

dannywin42 wrote:
Neillp wrote:
dannywin42 wrote:

Looks great!

The 15 red and grey are the same spec (with the carbon bar/stem combo), according to the scott website the grey is 7.55KG and the red is 7.65KG so I guess it could be laquer as the grey is matt where the red is gloss finished?.

Mine weighed 7.7KG according to the LBS but not weighed it myself yet.

bespoke

by bespoke

That frame looks immense in the sun !
Warning - Inherently biased:
www.bespokecycling.com

dannywin42

by dannywin42

bespoke wrote:That frame looks immense in the sun !
Even better up close. It won't let me upload a gif I made of the shiftImageImage

bespoke

by bespoke

Lush !
Did you buy a frameset only? or is it a full bike and you swapped out the wheels?
Warning - Inherently biased:
www.bespokecycling.com

by Weenie