Scott Addict Disc 2020

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
M4lukz

by M4lukz

[deleted]
Last edited by M4lukz on Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SashaJoseph

by SashaJoseph

g32ecs wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:45 pm
SashaJoseph wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:54 am
Seen it in the flesh yesterday (see picture). Really classy paintjobs, especially chameleon and team edition. Looks almost as much of an aero bike as the Specialized Venge. Weighed the thru-axles as well: 25g front and 28g rear, not much to gain there thus. Have been told also that I may need to invest in a travel case in which you do not need to remove the bar.

Personally, I am going for the team edition frameset, dura ace di2 with clavicula crankset, 42mm duke baccara sls2 rims with tune prince and princess. Aim is to build an all-round bike as much at ease in the mountains as on the flat.
When you say chameleon, is it the RC Pro or the RC20? The Pro is Purple/Green and 20 Black/Green

I want to know if the Pro appears to be Black from afar. I have no access to the new models in my area, this will be a blind buy almost entirely
Sorry, did not take pictures from the RC pro or the RC20. RC pro does not look to be black from afar. RC20 more so.

by Weenie

M4lukz

by M4lukz

Has anyone got more pics of the various models "in the flesh"? can't really find that many decent photos that show the "real colours" of the bike on the road

DDDJDD

by DDDJDD

M4lukz wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:58 pm
Has anyone got more pics of the various models "in the flesh"? can't really find that many decent photos that show the "real colours" of the bike on the road
I got curious myself on this. The Scott japan site looks to have a number of in the flesh photos.

https://www.scott-japan.com/smarts/index/39/

I’ve been thinking the 10 or 30 would be the route I would go that would allow me budget to upgrade parts of it. Was not on board for the paint jobs based on the standard preview photos. The real life photos looks so much better! Just need to test ride one now.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

M4lukz wrote:
Go on Instagram, search and save #scottaddictrc

Lots out there

Just like you it makes me nervous buying something blindly - I think I've only gotten 1 bike out of the many I've had throughout the years which I've seen in flesh first. It's a different story this time as prices have gone astronomically high. The $5k before gets you a DA bike but that's barely an Ultegra bike nowadays

Macias

by Macias

Slowly planning my parts for my Addict Build!

Setup planned is Ultegra Di2 and Enve 3.4 that I had for an other project, so only couple parts missing after Frame + Stem/Handlebar
My question is: Does anyone know if a one cup BB will fit in this bike ?!?

Cant wait to put this on a trainer and wait until april to ride it outside....

M4lukz

by M4lukz

DDDJDD wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:57 pm
M4lukz wrote:
I got curious myself on this. The Scott japan site looks to have a number of in the flesh photos.

I’ve been thinking the 10 or 30 would be the route I would go that would allow me budget to upgrade parts of it. Was not on board for the paint jobs based on the standard preview photos. The real life photos looks so much better! Just need to test ride one now.
Scott Japan is the only website I've found with decent photos outside! I'm most likely going for the blue Addict rc 30, it's a thing of beauty!

pmprego

by pmprego

M4lukz wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:27 pm
DDDJDD wrote:
M4lukz wrote:

Scott Japan is the only website I've found with decent photos outside! I'm most likely going for the blue Addict rc 30, it's a thing of beauty!
I'm new in cycling but a lbs told me that if I ordered now I would be able to get My hands on a frame (not the ultimate) for February. This is around 4 months since reservertion. Given that the bike was presented in June, are these delays or waiting times normal??

M4lukz

by M4lukz

pmprego wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:30 pm
M4lukz wrote:
DDDJDD wrote:
M4lukz wrote:

I'm new in cycling but a lbs told me that if I ordered now I would be able to get My hands on a frame (not the ultimate) for February. This is around 4 months since reservertion. Given that the bike was presented in June, are these delays or waiting times normal??
AFAIK, the frames do take quite a while more to be delivered, but the complete bike deliveries (rc30, rc20, ...) estimates were sub-4 weeks over here

pmprego

by pmprego

M4lukz wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:35 pm
pmprego wrote:
M4lukz wrote:
DDDJDD wrote:

AFAIK, the frames do take quite a while more to be delivered, but the complete bike deliveries (rc30, rc20, ...) estimates were sub-4 weeks over here
But there still is no review of the bike apart from when they presented the bike. This tells me that they still didn't send any for any of the usual review sites. I find it really weird.

But it's actually the same as wahoo with its new kickr bike. They presented it to the world but said that delivery times, for instance in Europe, would take more than 6 months.

M4lukz

by M4lukz

pmprego wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:00 pm
M4lukz wrote:
pmprego wrote:
M4lukz wrote:

But there still is no review of the bike apart from when they presented the bike. This tells me that they still didn't send any for any of the usual review sites. I find it really weird.

But it's actually the same as wahoo with its new kickr bike. They presented it to the world but said that delivery times, for instance in Europe, would take more than 6 months.
Regarding the Wahoo Bike, youtubers such as GPLama and DC Rainmaker have already reviewed them (quick search on youtube should provide you plenty of results).

I also do find it quite strange that there's no review from the main reviewers (BikeRadar, roadcc, ...) despite the initial one in the unveiling event. Guess I'l be riding one when the said reviews are launched :noidea:

pmprego

by pmprego

M4lukz wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:06 pm
pmprego wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:00 pm
M4lukz wrote:
pmprego wrote:

Regarding the Wahoo Bike, youtubers such as GPLama and DC Rainmaker have already reviewed them (quick search on youtube should provide you plenty of results).

I also do find it quite strange that there's no review from the main reviewers (BikeRadar, roadcc, ...) despite the initial one in the unveiling event. Guess I'l be riding one when the said reviews are launched :noidea:
The reference to wahoo was just as an example of this type of business strategy where a company announces a product today to be delivered to clients more than half a year later. It's just weird.

M4lukz

by M4lukz

pmprego wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:13 pm
The reference to wahoo was just as an example of this type of business strategy where a company announces a product today to be delivered to clients more than half a year later. It's just weird.
ok, now I get your point. It's strange, since usually reviewers have the product for quite a while before the announcement/launch, under a usually strict NDA, so they are able to publish somewhat in depth reviews of said product, as of the launch date (at least it's what I'm used to when it comes to tech). Scott only allowing the reviewers to test-ride the new model on their HQ (afaik) on a group ride with everyone does sound strange, but I'm not in the business, so I'm guessing that they do have a strategy of sorts, so we'll see in the future I guess...

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

I went to the store and the Delivery of the chaves frame kit is in March !!!

5 months of waiting?

Inviato dal mio GM1913 utilizzando Tapatalk

by Weenie

g32ecs

by g32ecs

There's actually some people who own the bike on Instagram now, but they're not bloggers/media personalities

My best guess is Scott will kinda follow a UCI calendar to release it...just think of it...

It would make sense to release it south of the equator first like Oceania where the summer months are early and it'll slowly creep to the West because it's fall right now and it won't be warm until April ish, so March would be "ok"

Just my theory. Otherwise I'm in the same boat as others: it's frustrating to announce something and deliver 6-8mos later. Cannondale probably took some customer already.

What I want us to talk about are the prices that's everyone getting with the pre orders. A few pages back someone got 20% and Estonia gets the same for pre ordering.

I haven't spoken to my LBS yet but I will try to package a frame+handlebar+smart trainer package hoping they'd give me a sweet deal.