Scott Addict Disc 2020

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Indyx

by Indyx

ddddd1 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:42 pm
Indyx wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:18 pm
-3x 35mm Caliper fixing bolt
-1x 30mm Caliper fixing bolt
I'm in the middle of building my new bike and unfortunately I discovered that I don't have caliper adapter for 160mm rotor (I thought I have a spare one from my old bike). Are these bolt lenghts for rear caliper with adapter or without?
Without rear adapter, but I suspect it's the same for the adapter as well.

by Weenie

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

ddddd1 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:32 pm
FactoryMatt wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:37 pm
ddddd1 wrote:
Indyx wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:18 pm
-3x 35mm Caliper fixing bolt
-1x 30mm Caliper fixing bolt
I'm in the middle of building my new bike and unfortunately I discovered that I don't have caliper adapter for 160mm rotor (I thought I have a spare one from my old bike). Are these bolt lenghts for rear caliper with adapter or without?
no. my FS didnt come with rear 160 adapter either.
Well, no surprise there, but I thought Shimano would supply it with the caliper. Oh, and it would be nice if Scott published at least some useful info in the manual, like caliper bolts lenghts or recommended torques, instead of bs that is obvious to everyone. Instead people have to find out everything on the forums.
shimano DOES supply bolts with the calipers. theyre too short. scott chooses to use proprietary thickness chainstays and also not supply any bolts.

Scott is a foooking joke. literally noothing in the user manual..that i had to hunt for online to begin with. they don't answer emails. i found one kid up in utah @ scott that was able to tell me what the fork offset was. thats about it. never buying a scott ever again lol. Parlee uses the same style front mount, but they give you bolts in a marked bag. and they answer emails.

FWIW the bolts i used were longer than 30/35. 3x45 and 1x40 IIRC. not sure tho.

cveks

by cveks

FactoryMatt wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:39 pm
FS creston ic SL computer mount. $100 USD (what i have in it) plus actual shipping. will ship worldwide.

I've got dropped and damaged my gps unit , when used this kind of mount on harsh uneven surface so make sure that you tight your gps with some string to your stem to avoid that.

Pinguin

by Pinguin

FactoryMatt wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:44 am
ddddd1 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:32 pm
FactoryMatt wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:37 pm
ddddd1 wrote:

no. my FS didnt come with rear 160 adapter either.
Well, no surprise there, but I thought Shimano would supply it with the caliper. Oh, and it would be nice if Scott published at least some useful info in the manual, like caliper bolts lenghts or recommended torques, instead of bs that is obvious to everyone. Instead people have to find out everything on the forums.
shimano DOES supply bolts with the calipers. theyre too short. scott chooses to use proprietary thickness chainstays and also not supply any bolts.

Scott is a foooking joke. literally noothing in the user manual..that i had to hunt for online to begin with. they don't answer emails. i found one kid up in utah @ scott that was able to tell me what the fork offset was. thats about it. never buying a scott ever again lol. Parlee uses the same style front mount, but they give you bolts in a marked bag. and they answer emails.

FWIW the bolts i used were longer than 30/35. 3x45 and 1x40 IIRC. not sure tho.
Matt:You also dont like the bike when build was finished?

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

Pinguin wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:24 pm
Matt:You also dont like the bike when build was finished?

Built it for my girlfriend. She loves it. I like aspects of it, just very disappointed in certain others.

smz5969

by smz5969

Folks. Need some help. Anyone on Di2 on their Addict RC Pro? Could you list out the components for the bike please? Needed some confirmation on which junction box, batteries etc. but would be great if the whole list is available. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indyx

by Indyx

smz5969 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:24 pm
Folks. Need some help. Anyone on Di2 on their Addict RC Pro? Could you list out the components for the bike please? Needed some confirmation on which junction box, batteries etc. but would be great if the whole list is available. Thanks

Most people are going to go RS910 internal junction box. Battery is standard, mounted in the seat post with Ritchey 30.9 battery mount.

ddddd1

by ddddd1

smz5969 wrote:
Here's my list of components without finishing kit (and without rotors)
As was mentioned by Indyx, you should also get a battery seatpost holder, although I would go with smaller size, I had to cut mine a little bit as it was too big and couldn't get it inside (but it might be extremely secure that way). Also get some Shimano EW-SD50-I Cable Ties to stop cable rattling.
In this video you can see two possible di2 cable setups, buy cables accordingly. Last but not least caliper bolts type C, lenghts 1x35 mm and 3x30mm and rear caliper adapter if you want to run 160mm rotor on rear. Hope this helps :D

smz5969

by smz5969

ddddd1 wrote:
smz5969 wrote:
Here's my list of components without finishing kit (and without rotors)
As was mentioned by Indyx, you should also get a battery seatpost holder, although I would go with smaller size, I had to cut mine a little bit as it was too big and couldn't get it inside (but it might be extremely secure that way). Also get some Shimano EW-SD50-I Cable Ties to stop cable rattling.
In this video you can see two possible di2 cable setups, buy cables accordingly. Last but not least caliper bolts type C, lenghts 1x35 mm and 3x30mm and rear caliper adapter if you want to run 160mm rotor on rear. Hope this helps :D
Thanks guys. I just realized I wrote just di2 and not being specific to either DA or Ultegra. But I guess it’s more or less the same. I didn’t know we need that battery holder in the seatpost. Does it work the same for the seatpost that comes with the frame? The syncros one. And the rattling part, I do know the frame comes with some foams for the cables to go through internally. Is that sufficient enough or are you referring to something else?

ddddd1

by ddddd1

smz5969 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:56 pm

Thanks guys. I just realized I wrote just di2 and not being specific to either DA or Ultegra. But I guess it’s more or less the same. I didn’t know we need that battery holder in the seatpost. Does it work the same for the seatpost that comes with the frame? The syncros one. And the rattling part, I do know the frame comes with some foams for the cables to go through internally. Is that sufficient enough or are you referring to something else?
Is there a seatpost that doesn't come with the frame? I am refering to something else, it would be best for you to just google the name I wrote, it's basically a cable ties that hold di2 cable inside the frame.You can surely use the foam for di2 cable, but imho it's too wide and usable just for hydraulic hoses.

Marvinman

by Marvinman

I have an Scott Garmin mount for the creston integrated bars spare and for sale if anyone interested (UK based). Still in box and unopened - I ordered one as I was originally unable to find one in time, but it's now arrived.

Thx

haze513

by haze513

Mail for you Marvinman 👍

betacyclist

by betacyclist

Someone edit the Title please. All the posts are fore the Addict RC, nothing about the endurance model.

Marvinman

by Marvinman

Hi

Does anyone know of a link to an install manual for the creston integrated bars etc... as looking at the paperwork I've had today there is not a great amount of detail in there?

Thx

GeoffS

by GeoffS

There isn't one really. Search the Scott website for "Addict_RC_Manual_A5_2020_BIKE_SCOTT-Sports_EN" and you'll find something which has only an exploded view of the stem spacers. To be honest, you don't need much info (route the Di2 cables before the brake hoses though).

by Weenie