Scott Addict Disc 2020

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
bobo100

by bobo100

Thanks guys! Have you measured center - center? :)

by Weenie

GeoffS

by GeoffS

bobo100 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:19 am
Thanks guys! Have you measured center - center? :)
Yes.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

Yes c to c

Marvinman

by Marvinman

nodivision wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:37 pm
Pulled the stock BB out of my Pro build last night, BB measures slightly undersized 40.894mm at the worst. No taper and didnt seem to have any ovality. Pressed in a Kogel BB I had and it was pretty tight but worked.

Ordered a P2M rotor aldhu setup and went to install that as well.. Wouldn't fit. My DA cranks go in fine, Rotor spindle won't even get through the first bearing unless I gave it a significant persuasion with a mallet. Measured the Dura-Ace and Rotor spindles and the Rotors are 0.0127/0.02032mm larger than the Shimano. Checked the Kogel Bearing ID and its the same at the Shimano BB I took out.

Following from the above, it looks like kogel BB will fit the frame, but if anyone knows otherwise could you help me out by letting me know before I press the button on a new BB purchase - thx. I'm not using Rotor.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

Marvinman wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:18 pm
nodivision wrote:
Pulled the stock BB out of my Pro build last night, BB measures slightly undersized 40.894mm at the worst. No taper and didnt seem to have any ovality. Pressed in a Kogel BB I had and it was pretty tight but worked.

Ordered a P2M rotor aldhu setup and went to install that as well.. Wouldn't fit. My DA cranks go in fine, Rotor spindle won't even get through the first bearing unless I gave it a significant persuasion with a mallet. Measured the Dura-Ace and Rotor spindles and the Rotors are 0.0127/0.02032mm larger than the Shimano. Checked the Kogel Bearing ID and its the same at the Shimano BB I took out.

Following from the above, it looks like kogel BB will fit the frame, but if anyone knows otherwise could you help me out by letting me know before I press the button on a new BB purchase - thx. I'm not using Rotor.
kogels are tight. and overpriced from a quality standpoint IME. i went BBinfinite and actually ended up still honing the bbshell a couple tenths by hand. went in perfectly. onepiece module weighed 80g. i like the one piece because it ties both sides together, the scott is unlike other bikes in that there's no tube molded into the frame, just some lips where the bearing cups are supposed to rest.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

making progress. i didn't get any pics of the interior of the stem, but grinding on the internal edge inside the opening REALLY helped with routing the cables smoothly and not cutting them all up. big oversight or corner cutting (no pun) on Scott's part here.

GeoffS

by GeoffS

Nice job Matt.

nodivision

by nodivision

Marvinman wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:18 pm
nodivision wrote:

I had a new Kogel sitting in the toolbox that was going to be for my old frame otherwise I might have gone a different route. I would say go BBinfinite or a stepped Hambini.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

FWIW, i just routed cables and hoses with a one-piece BBInfinite. no issues getting mech cables and hoses over the shell both routing from front and routing from the back using Park Tool's routing kit. XXS frame too. I think the step is superfluous on this frame.

goldfish85

by goldfish85

Indyx wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:54 am
IF anyone is in the USA and needs the garmin mount for the aluminum stem. I have one, I bought the wrong one by accident, from Europe. J

Made in the USA, had to order from Europe. Out of stock in the USA. Love Scott bikes, their aftermarket support is terrible.

Hit me up if you need it.
Hi, I just pulled the trigger on an addict rc 15. Would like to grab that mount from you.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

Finished build.

XXS 47cm. about 7.6kg w/ Quarq PM, alloy rims, 32TL tires, hg800 11-34 cassette, and a heavy saddle.

Neillp

by Neillp

FactoryMatt wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:50 pm
Finished build.

XXS 47cm. about 7.6kg w/ Quarq PM, alloy rims, 32TL tires, hg800 11-34 cassette, and a heavy saddle.

Looks great 👍 although I might have removed that saddle bad for the picture 😉

randomer900

by randomer900

My LBS have told me they can build up a Addict RC 30 with ultegra di2 and zipp 302s for the same price as an addict RC15. Would I get any benefit from the zipp wheels over the synchros on the RC15. The other option I could ask about are the newer zipp 303S but not sure what the price would be. Thanks for any opinions

smz5969

by smz5969

randomer900 wrote:My LBS have told me they can build up a Addict RC 30 with ultegra di2 and zipp 302s for the same price as an addict RC15. Would I get any benefit from the zipp wheels over the synchros on the RC15. The other option I could ask about are the newer zipp 303S but not sure what the price would be. Thanks for any opinions
Watch Hambini slag off the Zipps and you’d change your mind haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twirpburrows

by twirpburrows

Does anyone know if there is a difference in height between the Integrated Creston Stem/bar and the normal one? are the stem pinch bolts lower down on the integrated one? Thanks

by Weenie