Scott Addict Disc 2020

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
GeoffS
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:52 pm

by GeoffS

It's likely just a shard of carbon fibre that is sticking up from the vacuum bagging. Some sand paper on a bent piece of wire might help. I'd be very nervous about getting a Dremel in there. Good luck. I couldn't imagine trying to route both brake hoses and mech shifter cables through there...

Marvinman
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:23 pm

by Marvinman

I'm getting my ultimate resprayed before I take delivery. I'm wondering if someone can tell me if the magnetic cap cover on the creston integrated bar/stem is made out of the same material as the bars themselves? I'm trying to see if that can be sprayed as well as the bars.

Thx

by Weenie


dannywin42
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:34 pm

by dannywin42

The cap cpver is made of plastic

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk


tickyboy
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:33 pm

by tickyboy

g32ecs wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:34 pm
Seems like youre not enjoying the bike so far.

I almost went the online route myself as the supply chain here in Canada was horrible. I didnt end up with the Addict in the end, but if I wanted it fast enough bike24 was my answer.
I must be doing something horribly wrong; I get bike can't be shipped to Canada on the bike24 site.

FactoryMatt
Posts: 467
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:35 am

by FactoryMatt

tickyboy wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:13 am
g32ecs wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:34 pm
Seems like youre not enjoying the bike so far.

I almost went the online route myself as the supply chain here in Canada was horrible. I didnt end up with the Addict in the end, but if I wanted it fast enough bike24 was my answer.
I must be doing something horribly wrong; I get bike can't be shipped to Canada on the bike24 site.
they're really backed up right now. also i know torontocycles shut down temporarily due to the mail situation up there. send bike24 an email. it will take a couple days for them to get back to you, but maybe theyll have an answer.

Marvinman
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:23 pm

by Marvinman

dannywin42 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:28 pm
The cap cpver is made of plastic

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Thx - I've taken the advice of the painter and left it black - hopefully it turns out well, I'm sure it will.

g32ecs
Posts: 702
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:50 am

by g32ecs

tickyboy wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:13 am
g32ecs wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:34 pm
Seems like youre not enjoying the bike so far.

I almost went the online route myself as the supply chain here in Canada was horrible. I didnt end up with the Addict in the end, but if I wanted it fast enough bike24 was my answer.
I must be doing something horribly wrong; I get bike can't be shipped to Canada on the bike24 site.
Theyve changed it. I know in 1 site a lot of people complained to bike24 about packages being lost here in Canada, and after that, they stopped shipping here no matter how big or small the item was.

I was going to buy the RC Pro frame earlier in the year. Thing was they only had an XS and I was pondering whether or not to go XXS which they didnt have at that time.

My end cost was actually cheaper compared to buying it here locally which made it attractive

Pinguin
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:28 pm

by Pinguin

Does anybody knows the weight of the Addict Sl Frameset in real
In my mind its only 60 Gr. difference to the Pro Frameset

Pinguin
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:28 pm

by Pinguin

And are there other Lightweight options for Syncros Creston Ic Sl?
I know Farsports but are there another ones?

smz5969
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:45 am

by smz5969

Folks.

This might have been raised or talked about before, but what’s the BB type for the addict rc pro? Pressfit? BB86?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by smz5969 on Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pinguin
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:28 pm

by Pinguin

smz5969 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:52 am
Folks.

This might have been raised or talked about before, but what’s the BB type for the addict rc pro? Pressfit?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes,BB86

smz5969
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:45 am

by smz5969

Pinguin wrote:
smz5969 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:52 am
Folks.

This might have been raised or talked about before, but what’s the BB type for the addict rc pro? Pressfit?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes,BB86
Tq sir!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobo100
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:29 am

by bobo100

Has the handlebar Syncros Creston ic sl flare in the drops? I would like to buy 38 cm but I'm not sure how the measured it. Maybe somebody has a picture with dimensions in the hods and in the drop? :)

FactoryMatt
Posts: 467
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:35 am

by FactoryMatt

Yes. 38s appear to come out to about 39.5 in the drops.

by Weenie


GeoffS
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:52 pm

by GeoffS

My 42cm bars are about 41.5 at the hoods, and 43 and the bar ends.

Post Reply