Scott Addict Disc 2020

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Marvinman

by Marvinman

All this talk of bottom brackets standards has me confused, as I'm mechanically challenged. Can someone suggest a quality lightweight BB that'll work with my Quarq Dfour91 crankset running Shimano Di2.

Btw someone said they were having trouble getting a Garmin mount for the creston ic bars. I got one of EBay lately from Germany new in the package and I think there is one still listed, if anyone still looking

by Weenie

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

Marvinman wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:27 pm
All this talk of bottom brackets standards has me confused, as I'm mechanically challenged. Can someone suggest a quality lightweight BB that'll work with my Quarq Dfour91 crankset running Shimano Di2.

Btw someone said they were having trouble getting a Garmin mount for the creston ic bars. I got one of EBay lately from Germany new in the package and I think there is one still listed, if anyone still looking
Sry
Last edited by FactoryMatt on Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nodivision

by nodivision

Marvinman wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:27 pm

Dfour91 is a GPX BB standard with shimano ring botl pattern,https://www.bbinfinite.com/products/bb8 ... 2646659523 is the one you would need.

Yeah, getting Garmin mounts seems to be impossible right now. I found one on Ebay from a WW member selling his. I am going to draw a mount up in CAD and could make a Step file for 3d printing avalabile to hold people over. Give me a few days.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

^^sry about that. Didnt realize 91 and just now dfour werent the same thing.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

if anyone's looking for the assembly manual, i found it here. filter for 2020 manuals. it's pretty bare bones. pretty lackluster. thanks again Scott for being ridiculous.

https://anura.brix.ch/scott-b2c/#search ... 179793%2C1

GeoffS

by GeoffS

nodivision wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:06 pm
I am going to draw a mount up in CAD and could make a Step file for 3d printing avalabile to hold people over. Give me a few days.
Cool :thumbup: . I'd be very interested in the model if/when you have it drawn up.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

ill have a kedge mount for sale in a couple weeks..

Runwithoneless

by Runwithoneless

Has anybody else with an RC 30 (or any other model with the aluminium Syncros wheels) had trouble going tubless. I finally got around to setting mine up and the front worked without any problems, just with a track pump. The rear however, is leaking at the stem and via this tiny whole in the side of the rim...

Marvinman

by Marvinman

Good service from SOS hangers - from order to delivery inside 7 days and product looks solid

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

These creston bars...ill take the parlee style cable routing (thru the fork steerer and thru a box stem) over this any day.

This is garbage. The hoses make a hard 90 deg bend inside this flattened stem and the internal edge they bend around is SHARP. This thing eats cables. Im going to have to use the dremel to radius the internal edge and finish what scott should have done for the $500 i paid them. Scott is a joke. Never again.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Seems like youre not enjoying the bike so far.

I almost went the online route myself as the supply chain here in Canada was horrible. I didnt end up with the Addict in the end, but if I wanted it fast enough bike24 was my answer.

GeoffS

by GeoffS

Having just changed from the aluminium bars to the carbon Creston SL bars, a hint for you also - you'll need to route your Di2 cables before installing the brake hoses..

Indyx

by Indyx

GeoffS wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:17 pm
Having just changed from the aluminium bars to the carbon Creston SL bars, a hint for you also - you'll need to route your Di2 cables before installing the brake hoses..
Agree. DI2 before hoses. It's otherwise going to be a challenge to fish the DI2 through.

Indyx

by Indyx

IF anyone is in the USA and needs the garmin mount for the aluminum stem. I have one, I bought the wrong one by accident, from Europe. J

Made in the USA, had to order from Europe. Out of stock in the USA. Love Scott bikes, their aftermarket support is terrible.

Hit me up if you need it.

by Weenie

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

GeoffS wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:17 pm
actually the GF really wants mech shifters :/ so i had to route hoses first, in the middle, and then route mech cables on the outsides. routing the cables on the outsides helps keep the magnet from getting stuck on the sheaths (will run alloy housing next time lol) i got them all through, but its something else.

but seriously im starting over to grind on this stem some. those edges are way too sharp.