Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Beancouter wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:40 am
Anybody have a picture of the 0 offset seatpost? I can’t find one and have looked everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go on Youtube and find Adam or Simon Yates Addict RC. They both use a 0 offset one. I think Ollie from GCN was the one who covered it

pmprego

by pmprego

g32ecs wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:46 pm
Beancouter wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:40 am
Anybody have a picture of the 0 offset seatpost? I can’t find one and have looked everywhere.

Go on Youtube and find Adam or Simon Yates Addict RC. They both use a 0 offset one. I think Ollie from GCN was the one who covered it
Scott website really doesn't help.

Here https://www.scott-sports.com/in/en/sear ... SL+satpost they say there are three different seatposts 0mm, 5mm and 20mm (or 10mm because the link says 20 but the description says 10mm) but the photos all seem the same.

GCN has a video with a bike from one of the yates with a supposedly 0mm seatback. I say supposedly because when you look at it, at least for me, it seems that it has some setback... I've ordered the 5mm setback but my lbs said they didn't know which one was coming.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Beancouter

by Beancouter

I’m with you pmprego - synchros website is rubbish and GCN says its zero, which it isn’t!

pmprego

by pmprego

Beancouter wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:35 pm
I’m with you pmprego - synchros website is rubbish and GCN says its zero, which it isn’t!

And I don't think that saddle is 5cm behind the bb. Isn't it a rule from UCI? :)

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Beancouter wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:35 pm

Whether that is a zero setback post depends on if the BB-center is 5mm forward of the ST. Other frames have similar visual anomalies. The Tarmac’s zero setback post looks like it is set forward 5mm. The Madone 5mm setback post looks like it is set back 20mm.

This is all because of STc vs BBc

g32ecs

by g32ecs

There's 2 types of seat posts

Duncan SL Aero:

Ultimate/Premium/RC Pro

Duncan 1.0 Aero:

All others

Stressing out the Aero part because there's a regular Duncan seat post.

https://www.syncros.com/ca/en/product/s ... t-seatpost

So yeah, that GCN video is correct like I said earlier.

You're welcome.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Yep, people just need to realize that the offset in this case is relative to a “virtual” ST that would originate straight out of the BB...and that sometimes the real ST is itself offset by a few mm vs the BB.

pmprego

by pmprego

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:40 pm
Yep, people just need to realize that the offset in this case is relative to a “virtual” ST that would originate straight out of the BB...and that sometimes the real ST is itself offset by a few mm vs the BB.
So... Kind of changing topic slightly but to get some comments on my setup.

I have the rc pro frame on order. It will take some months to arrive. In the meantime, my current bike is sram etap, disc of course. My plan is to move the etap to the new addict frame and my next target on losing weight are the wheels. I currently have some 50mm rim wheels that weight around 1850g and my plan was to move to some roval cl(x) 50mm and lose some extra 300g to 400g.

Where I live it's really hard to find some wheelbuilders so I really have to go for the bigger brands. I also want to stay in the 50mm as I find them the sweet spot for being aero and not to heavy. Any other recommendation on wheels given these restrictions?

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Must admit hadn’t thought through the impact of BB offset. And easily seen from below:

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

Mtbs have this problem. Theres a big delta between actual and effective seat tube angle bc of bb offset, making stated STA only valid for a specific seat height.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Yeah MTB are even worse because they straight make-up STA values...forcing you to search hard for the actual STA in case you have extreme setback requirements. At least with road bikes like the Scott Addict, actual saddle setback is exactly what one would expect relative to the center of the clamping mechanism.

Nautiboy

by Nautiboy

Need some help here....

Anyone know whether the Hope RX4 Flatmount calipers (which can be fitted to AXS) can be mounted on the new Addict front fork??

Nautiboy

by Nautiboy

Need some help here....

Anyone know whether the Hope RX4 Flatmount calipers (which can be fitted to AXS) can be mounted on the new Addict front fork??
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 8.44.59 AM.png

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

Nautiboy wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:11 am
Need some help here....

youd probably need a "rear".

NickJHP

by NickJHP

Nautiboy wrote:Need some help here....

Should be ok, as I have RX4 calipers on my Open UPPER fork, which uses the same method of bolting through the fork leg directly into the caliper.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com