Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TLN

by TLN

Roadbiker10 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:29 pm
It doesn't look the same to me. Isn't the RC 10 matte silver?
Not 100% match, but still close. I doube you'd find identical color
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

I also want to warn people that the rails can be in completely different positions on saddles. I had my 20mm setback post on sale until I got a Power Mirror saddle. With that saddle I had to revert to the 20mm post for it to be in the same position behind the bb-c. So with my Fizik Argo, on a 5mm post, it's furthest forward on the rails. While with the Power on a 20mm post, it's in the middle of the rails.

I have carefully measured so that the position would be the same. Measured between bb-center to saddle tip and factored in that the Fizik is 265mm and the Power I think was 243mm.

So now I have to keep both post just in case I ever want to change the saddle.
BEC17A30-0C09-4406-9850-21FC9B24970A.jpeg
1310AAD3-DF40-4A94-9430-BDACEE0601D5.jpeg
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

TLN wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:41 pm
Roadbiker10 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:29 pm
It doesn't look the same to me. Isn't the RC 10 matte silver?
Not 100% match, but still close. I doube you'd find identical color
Yeah I know, I just think it would be a nice color. I don't really like the new colorways much, the black ones and the greens for example.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

billythestickboy

by billythestickboy

Anyone know when will Scott release the 2023 colours?

Reds

by Reds

Hello,

Is there any issue to use rotor from SRAM or Jagwire or other with the Shimano brakeset ? Only thickness same as Shimano must be check ?
I think no, but I prefer to ask the community :)

Do you have some pad to advise me ?

Thanks

vanitypl

by vanitypl

ddddd1 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:53 pm

My Addict RC with FS Gravel wheels:
That headset adapter looks super clean, have you had any issues at all with it so far? I've got the 2020 RC30 with mech ultegra and something like this seems to be the only way to avoid a 2 hour stem swap (apart from a Di2 upgrade, which is out of stock and way pricier)

TLa

by TLa

Reds wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:14 am
Hello,

Is there any issue to use rotor from SRAM or Jagwire or other with the Shimano brakeset ? Only thickness same as Shimano must be check ?
I think no, but I prefer to ask the community :)

Do you have some pad to advise me ?

Thanks
Just works. I have Campa rotors on my GRX and works just as good as the Shimano rotors

joaoalves

by joaoalves

Hi all,

Is my first post on this forum and i will present myself. I'm portuguese and a occasional rider, my main sport is trail running.

I read almost all comments of this thread and heard situations similar to mine, but I didn't find any solution.

So, my bike is a Scott Addict RC size 49 with a Creston IC handlebar (stem integrated) 420mm x 100mm with all cables inside.

I'm 162 cm and my bike is right size for my leg measure, but is too extended.

I did a bike fit and need 20mm less than i have now, 80mm stem i guess, but Scott only have from 90mm. Do you know any other brand or system to adapt? Or i need to sell this frame?

Normal Scott stem (100mm) and a normal handlebar is more short than Creston IC (100mm) integrated system?

Could Scott RR IC stem (90mm) works on my case?

Really thanks.

pmprego

by pmprego

joaoalves wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:38 pm
Hi all,

Is my first post on this forum and i will present myself. I'm portuguese and a occasional rider, my main sport is trail running.

I read almost all comments of this thread and heard situations similar to mine, but I didn't find any solution.

So, my bike is a Scott Addict RC size 49 with a Creston IC handlebar (stem integrated) 420mm x 100mm with all cables inside.

I did a bike fit and need 20mm less than i have now, 80mm stem i guess, but Scott only have from 90mm. Do you know any other brand or system to adapt? Or i need to sell this frame?

Normal Scott stem (100mm) and a normal handlebar is more short than Creston IC (100mm) integrated system?

Really thanks.
Hi, the addict rc can use the new gravel speedster headsets. With that you can use a 90mm stem from syncros (or in theory any stem) and switch to a shorter reach handlebar (the creston ic has a 75mm reach and you can find handlebars with 65-70mm reach "easily").

ddddd1

by ddddd1

vanitypl wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:01 pm
That headset adapter looks super clean, have you had any issues at all with it so far? I've got the 2020 RC30 with mech ultegra and something like this seems to be the only way to avoid a 2 hour stem swap (apart from a Di2 upgrade, which is out of stock and way pricier)
No issues, so far so good. However it would probably not work with your mechanical groupset due to a tight radius of the cables under the stem and the hole for cables is big just enough for only 2 hydraulic hoses and Di2 cable.
Enid: Scott Addict RC Ultimate Team Ed - 7.2 kg (in. pedals and bottle cages)

vanitypl

by vanitypl

ddddd1 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:08 pm
vanitypl wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:01 pm
No issues, so far so good. However it would probably not work with your mechanical groupset due to a tight radius of the cables under the stem and the hole for cables is big just enough for only 2 hydraulic hoses and Di2 cable.
Bummer... makes sense that you optimized it for electronic though. Do you think it would work if I tried (or got one of my smarter friends to try) making a version with a bigger hole? Or is the limitation in the actual space in front of the steerer? It's been a while since I've opened it up so I'm foggy on the internals at the moment

joaoalves

by joaoalves

pmprego wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:00 pm
joaoalves wrote:
Hi all,

Really thanks.
Hi, the addict rc can use the new gravel speedster headsets. With that you can use a 90mm stem from syncros (or in theory any stem) and switch to a shorter reach handlebar (the creston ic has a 75mm reach and you can find handlebars with 65-70mm reach "easily").
Thanks.

Could you give me some models?

Syncros RR 2.0 could work?

pmprego

by pmprego

joaoalves wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:35 pm
pmprego wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:00 pm
joaoalves wrote:
Hi all,

Really thanks.
Thanks.

Could you give me some models?

Syncros RR 2.0 could work?
the rr2.0 works. specialized has a 65mm reach handlebar but you have several 70mm reach bars (I like zipp's the best).

ddddd1

by ddddd1

vanitypl wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:13 pm
Bummer... makes sense that you optimized it for electronic though. Do you think it would work if I tried (or got one of my smarter friends to try) making a version with a bigger hole? Or is the limitation in the actual space in front of the steerer? It's been a while since I've opened it up so I'm foggy on the internals at the moment
I can only speak for my product, but I tried some other models with thinner walls and they usually cracked after a while of using. This thickness is as little as I am confident with.
Actual space in front of the steerer is naturally not a limit, since normal Syncros stem uses the same headset internals as I am and theirs should be working with mechanicals as well. If you were to use something similar to mine, you would still have to deal with that cable radius, which would mean that the cables would have to be all over the stem, which I think wouldn't look too good, but it's all about preferences.
Enid: Scott Addict RC Ultimate Team Ed - 7.2 kg (in. pedals and bottle cages)

Ytse

by Ytse

pmprego wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:51 am
Ytse wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:38 am
Team,

I have an Addict RC (2020 model) with Campagnolo Bora WTO 60 wheels and Continental GP5000 TL tyres (25mm). I plan to go wider and would like to know if 28mm tyres on a Zipp 303 Firecrest (30mm external width) will fit the frame. Do you have any first hand experience?
Using those. I had/have some 28c tires blowing up to close to 31.5mm and they are OK. A 30c tire growing up to 33mm for instance I guess it would be a problem.
Any thoughts or information to share about that setup? Are 303 FCs any good?
2020 Scott Addict RC / 2021 Trek Emonda SLR / 2023 Specialized Tarmac SL8

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com