Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pmprego

by pmprego

wheelie wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 3:19 pm
billythestickboy wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 1:08 pm
wheelie wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:52 am
Hi all!
Is there any aftermarket solutions for the full lenght ITT bars to fit Syncros Creston iC SL combo handlebar? The orginal SYNCROS Creston iC SL TT/TRI Clip On Bar seems too short for the long distances
How are you getting on with these TT bars? I've got a 70.3 coming up in 7 weeks and from doing a ride of the course on Sunday it's more of a road bike course than TT bike, so I was thinking I might invest in these.

They do look very short though, can you switch the armpads around to face backwards?
It's my friend bike and TT bars, they are quite short indeed, you can't put the elbows like on normal tt bars and grab the extensions.
The plan for now is to make a custom attachable extender, from aluminium maybe?
The good point - without modifications, you can, (i guess), use them legally on a group ride/race, because the extensions length is within the shifters.
If, by legar, ou mean uci-legal you cannot as you'd be not touching the hoods and in essence replicating the puppy-paws position which was banned (made illegal).

ice29

by ice29

GeoffS wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:05 am
- Run the cables/hoses through the bars first. Trying to do this after they've been routed through the frame is just about impossible.
It IS possible, but you will loose 5y of your life doing this (I managed to do it when I upgraded to the IC SL combo, but I literally cried...) :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

Finally got my superheavy stem.😀
81D1CFF9-035D-4351-85F4-4C5CFD8DB67D.jpeg
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

lhora

by lhora

Hey guys I'm looking to use a carbon saddle but the default rails won't fit a carbon rail does anyone know if the seatpost clamps are the ones provided by Ritchey?

lhora

by lhora

stxfreak wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:11 am
Hey I'm considering buying an addict rc 20 rn, and am unsure of size. You guys could tell me how high the spacers are from factory? Im 193cm and 92 inseam, deciding wether to get a 58 or 61. Thanks!
We're very similar in build I went with a 58 and am happy with it I do have high mobility and will probably be slamming the stem as well.

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

lhora wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 10:38 pm
Hey guys I'm looking to use a carbon saddle but the default rails won't fit a carbon rail does anyone know if the seatpost clamps are the ones provided by Ritchey?
Yes they are

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

Does anyone know wether the original Syncros alloy wheels come with tubeless tape installed?

I just ordered another cassette intending to use my original wheels with wider more comfortable 28 tires tubeless. One thing I am worried about. I noticed when I first installed my Winspace wheels that the gearing didn't shift as cleanly as before on the back. Why is that? Am I running into a problem of having to readjust the rear mech every time I change wheels?

I was dreading the chain dropping issues with Sram, and surprise surprise, I am having that issue too. I've read that it can depend on the frame. Does anyone else have issues with Sram on their Addicts?
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

ice29

by ice29

Roadbiker10 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 4:22 pm
Does anyone know wether the original Syncros alloy wheels come with tubeless tape installed?

I just ordered another cassette intending to use my original wheels with wider more comfortable 28 tires tubeless. One thing I am worried about. I noticed when I first installed my Winspace wheels that the gearing didn't shift as cleanly as before on the back. Why is that? Am I running into a problem of having to readjust the rear mech every time I change wheels?

I was dreading the chain dropping issues with Sram, and surprise surprise, I am having that issue too. I've read that it can depend on the frame. Does anyone else have issues with Sram on their Addicts?
No, Capital 2.0 wheels do not come with tubeless tape (at least the few ones I have had in my hands), but are tubeless compatible so just take any tape and install :) (though the schwalbe one tyres thet ship on those wheels are not tubeless ready...)

My Sram Force AXS drops chain in the front pretty often when I shift from big to small chainring on a steeper climb (I know I know...). Tried to change a few things in the FD setup but no luck so far.
Interestingly the new 12speed Ultegra Di2 FD tends to do the same as I have heard in our local club...

Hanpotatoming

by Hanpotatoming

I had the issue with chain drop when I first got my bike. Brought it to a bike shop, and they helped me adjust the limit screw, and it shifts ok now

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

ice29 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 10:35 pm
Roadbiker10 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 4:22 pm

No, Capital 2.0 wheels do not come with tubeless tape (at least the few ones I have had in my hands), but are tubeless compatible so just take any tape and install :) (though the schwalbe one tyres thet ship on those wheels are not tubeless ready...)

My Sram Force AXS drops chain in the front pretty often when I shift from big to small chainring on a steeper climb (I know I know...). Tried to change a few things in the FD setup but no luck so far.
Interestingly the new 12speed Ultegra Di2 FD tends to do the same as I have heard in our local club...
Thanks. I will be using Conti S TR on them. Though I'll wait until I get the cassette to see wether there are any alignment issues. If there are I will abandon that idea. I can't adjust the rear mech every time I change wheels.

It happened once every ride om my first three rides. My last ride it happened 3 times. This is after I had it done by a shop. Every time it fell on the inside but once when it did on the outside. I noticed it only happened when I was going slow, like in a turn going to the small ring.
I was thinking about maybe switching to Shimano in the future, didn't know they also had issues with that.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

Hanpotatoming wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 7:05 am
I had the issue with chain drop when I first got my bike. Brought it to a bike shop, and they helped me adjust the limit screw, and it shifts ok now
I already had it adjusted by a shop and now I'm going back to see wether they can do something. Though I've read about nothing working for some people.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

I need some help. I will be cobtacting Scott directly as well. I stupidly left my front thru axle on the roof of my car. It fell on the road and someone ran over it. Now the axle itself seems fine apart from a bit of the threads have been stripped. But the issue is that round ring which the axle goes through has been damaged and isn't flat anymore. It seems to work holding the wheel in place. But it is grinding in to the carbon on the fork when tightening.

So where do I get this part? Is it best to contact Scott, lbs or somewhere else are they available?
C533F883-25F7-4355-9F50-AE1472D434C3.jpeg
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

PinaRene

by PinaRene

I think every Scott dealer will have one on stock ?!

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

PinaRene wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 4:14 pm
I think every Scott dealer will have one on stock ?!
Thanks. Didn't know that. I'll try that.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TheMalahat

by TheMalahat

Or, if I understand the problem correctly, Robert Axle Project. They ship very fast so the relatively small cost could be worth it just to get riding again.

Warning, when I ordered my Axle for thia generation of Addict they had the size wrong on their axle finder. No idea if it's been fixed, I did notify them of the issue obviously.