Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pmprego

by pmprego

AED wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:59 am
Karvalo wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:20 pm
AED wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:39 pm
Thanks guys, will try to ask the seller to replace clamp and seatpost...
Did they put it together like that first or did you?
I got it assembled with a bolt stuck into the seatpost
:noidea: :(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Karvalo

by Karvalo

AED wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:59 am
Karvalo wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:20 pm
AED wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:39 pm
Thanks guys, will try to ask the seller to replace clamp and seatpost...
Did they put it together like that first or did you?
I got it assembled with a bolt stuck into the seatpost
Damn. In that case they absolutely have to replace it for you, and should really be offering you at least some store credit as well in return for bringing it to their attention so they can retrain the mechanic.

reconstyle

by reconstyle

Does anyone have the box their bike came it, can you measure it for me?

dannywin42

by dannywin42

If anyone is building up a new frame / bike could I please ask a favour...
I'm hoping to install a 1 piece hambini bottom bracket at some point and so need to know if it will fit. Thus I need to see a clear shot photo through the bb shell before the pressfit bb is installed but after the cables etc have been routed. Essentially i need a clear obstruction free space to install the 1 piece bb but dontnl want to destroy the duraace pressfit i have installed at the moment just to check, especially if I find that a one piece wont fit...

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Beancouter

by Beancouter

dannywin42 wrote:If anyone is building up a new frame / bike could I please ask a favour...
I'm hoping to install a 1 piece hambini bottom bracket at some point and so need to know if it will fit. Thus I need to see a clear shot photo through the bb shell before the pressfit bb is installed but after the cables etc have been routed. Essentially i need a clear obstruction free space to install the 1 piece bb but dontnl want to destroy the duraace pressfit i have installed at the moment just to check, especially if I find that a one piece wont fit...

Thanks in advance!

Currently on vacation but can check when I get home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dannywin42

by dannywin42

Thanks! Much appreciated

dexe

by dexe

I'm very tempted to order this bike, either the 30 or 15 version. I've been looking at the manual for the handlebars, but I have little experience with these fully integrated systems. Do you take apart the stem/bars to fit it in a hardshell case? Also, would this be easier with sram force (with less cables) or is there little difference? Also is there a steering lock like with the Cannondale systemsix or did scott do this differently?

dannywin42

by dannywin42

Can only answer as to the steering lick and can confirm there isnt one. The cables are through the top bearing so are only limited by the bars hitting the frame. You could therefore loosen the bolts and swing the bars to 90 degrees

dannywin42

by dannywin42

Managed to borrow a bearing press to have a look in the shell. I'll have to defer to Hambini's expertise as to whether a one piece bb will fit as the cables take up around 5mm of shell space at the bottom. If not I'll have to go with a wheels mfg unit unfortunately. I really really want a hambini race bb though lolImageImage

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Keep us informed - I was going to go hambini too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spud

by spud

No way a Hambini BB, or any one piece press fit BB, is going in there, as is. Maybe something can be worked out, but wil likely involved removing the insulating sleeves, using SRAM wireless, and perhaps relieving a channel inside the BB housing to allow 1 or 2 housings to pass underneath the shell, which will void the warranty. While such may reduce BB shell integrity, frame builders have been doing it for many years with no ill effect, and pressing in a one piece will restore the integrity, and then some.

hambini

by hambini

If there is enough wiggle room above it, then a necked BB would probably work. Quite a few people with scott bikes have used them. The case study for it is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XXrVoF2TwY
Hambini Aeronautical Engineer, Polluting YouTube since 2016 - views expressed are my own...

dannywin42

by dannywin42

Thanks for response Hambini, ready to order

pmprego

by pmprego

hambini wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:15 pm
If there is enough wiggle room above it, then a necked BB would probably work. Quite a few people with scott bikes have used them. The case study for it is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XXrVoF2TwY
Do all people have to give you measures?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Omiar

by Omiar

You can probably route the shift wires above the BB. The insulation ins't that necessary either.
Cannondale SystemSix R8170
Trek Checkpoint SL5 MY2022