Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Nautiboy

by Nautiboy

Finally, unveiling the Scott Addict RC 2020 ULTIMATE.....

XXS - 7.2kg All In.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 10.38.46 PM.png

rides4beer

by rides4beer

I get folks wanting smaller frames to keep the weight down, but the spacer stacks on one piece integrated cockpits look horrible, imo.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pmprego

by pmprego

Nautiboy wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:40 pm

XXS - 7.2kg All In.
I'm even afraid of asking the price of such machine... Looks very nice. I would expect lower weight but they seem to never get it right. It is what it is. Very nice build.

pmprego

by pmprego

Nautiboy wrote:

XXS - 7.2kg All In.
What is the offset on that seatpost?

rides4beer

by rides4beer

Nautiboy wrote:

XXS - 7.2kg All In.
My comment was directed at you btw, just happened to comment after you lol Bike looks great! :thumbup: (but could use less/no spacers lol)

hannawald

by hannawald

I guess relatively higher weight is because of the groupset, dura ace will be lighter. Spacers are ok for me.

RedbullFiXX

by RedbullFiXX

Nice ride, what is the weight of those wheels ?
I don't mind the spacers, better to fit right and enjoy the ride
Cyclocross, in general, is about riding the wrong bike for the conditions.

dannywin42

by dannywin42

Well I'm hoping to add some pics here in the next few weeks. Just purchased a rc pro in medium. I'm heading to shop tomorrow to get it measured and set up against my foil but I suspect the stem will need slamming, possibly 1 spacer max so hopefully will look the business. Ordered some reynolds aero 46 to finish it off so will post pics once they arrive too

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Neillp

by Neillp

I have had a look at the RC in a couple of LBS recently and I must say I am sold on it, I had considered the Supersix EVO or Orbea OMX but my heart is now with the RC.

I was going to get the RC30 with Ultegra mechanical groupset and uprgade the wheels plus cockpit as I am fine with Ultegra. However speaking to one of the guys in the shop he suggested opting for an electronic groupset as he felt the internal cable runs might casue shifting issues down the line and they would be a bitch to work on.

Has he got a good point or was he just trying to up sell to the more expenise RC20 (SRAM Force)??

Cheers

Neill

rides4beer

by rides4beer

Neillp wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:20 pm
I have had a look at the RC in a couple of LBS recently and I must say I am sold on it, I had considered the Supersix EVO or Orbea OMX but my heart is now with the RC.

I was going to get the RC30 with Ultegra mechanical groupset and uprgade the wheels plus cockpit as I am fine with Ultegra. However speaking to one of the guys in the shop he suggested opting for an electronic groupset as he felt the internal cable runs might casue shifting issues down the line and they would be a bitch to work on.

Has he got a good point or was he just trying to up sell to the more expenise RC20 (SRAM Force)??

Cheers

Neill
My next bike will have fully integrated cabling like the RC, and that's part of the reason I'm going electronic. Don't want to have to deal with cable maintenance with that setup, set it and forget it. Plus mechanical cables don't like sharp bends, so even tho the cables can physically fit, I'm afraid it might affect shifting performance.

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

Nautiboy wrote:

XXS - 7.2kg All In.
It is a very nice dream bike. I don't like the bar tape but this is a my personal opinion.

I am waiting also for a frameset scott addict rc HMX SL chaves colour and I will mount this with Sram Red AXS like yours.
But I note that the weight of your bike is 7.2kg and I was hoping for a lower weigh.

I believed that with this frame and Red AXS I could make a 6.9kg bike. I will use a wheelset spada Stiletto tubeless disc for 6 bolts rotors with a weight of 1318g .

Which is the weight of your wheel?

Neillp wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:20 pm

Cheers

Neill
No, I think that a electronic groupset is a better choice. That's fair advice

pmprego

by pmprego

REDUTOPIA wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:28 am
Nautiboy wrote:

XXS - 7.2kg All In.
It is a very nice dream bike. I don't like the bar tape but this is a my personal opinion.

I am waiting also for a frameset scott addict rc HMX SL chaves colour and I will mount this with Sram Red AXS like yours.
But I note that the weight of your bike is 7.2kg and I was hoping for a lower weigh.

I believed that with this frame and Red AXS I could make a 6.9kg bike. I will use a wheelset spada Stiletto tubeless disc for 6 bolts rotors with a weight of 1318g .

Which is the weight of your wheel?
If you can't get a sub 7kg from the ultimate frame with a sub 1350gr wheelset then there's something very wrong with Scott scales :roll:

Nautiboy

by Nautiboy

pmprego wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:43 pm
Nautiboy wrote:

XXS - 7.2kg All In.
What is the offset on that seatpost?
I think is 15mm.

Nautiboy

by Nautiboy

rides4beer wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:11 pm
I get folks wanting smaller frames to keep the weight down, but the spacer stacks on one piece integrated cockpits look horrible, imo.
Noted and agree on the overly highly-stacked spacers, but the owner have flexibility issue thus unable to lower it any further. The bike frame is correct for his size. I've another 2 Ultimates to be build later this month and Mar 2020. Wait out for the Mar 2020 build...is gonna be all the latest bling on the bike : ) and I can assure you...is gonna be fully slammed!!

Nautiboy

by Nautiboy

[/quote]

If you can't get a sub 7kg from the ultimate frame with a sub 1350gr wheelset then there's something very wrong with Scott scales :roll:
[/quote]

Officially, full bike's weight often excludes pedals and bottle cages......If those are excluded, is likely 6.95kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com