Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

MrGB wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 11:51 am
I Changed my Syncros RR Stem / Bar for the Syncros Creston IC SL 420/100mm.

Now my Wahoo Bolt needs a new Holder, so i 3D Printed one.

image00.jpg
image11.jpg
image22.jpg
image33.jpg

First Ride Approved :thumbup:
Thats great! If I change my bars I may be onto to you for the file if you have it? As an aside I have to ask, what front wheel is that on your bike?? Looks like an old BMX mag style wheel or Spinergy?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrGB

by MrGB

BianchiDave wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 3:39 pm
MrGB wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 11:51 am
I Changed my Syncros RR Stem / Bar for the Syncros Creston IC SL 420/100mm.

Now my Wahoo Bolt needs a new Holder, so i 3D Printed one.

image00.jpg
image11.jpg
image22.jpg
image33.jpg

First Ride Approved :thumbup:
Thats great! If I change my bars I may be onto to you for the file if you have it? As an aside I have to ask, what front wheel is that on your bike?? Looks like an old BMX mag style wheel or Spinergy?
You´ve got Mail

The Wheels are from Bike Ahead called Biturbo Road
image9.jpg

hhp5711

by hhp5711

I've been looking for a computer mount for the integrated Syncros Creston IC SL handlebar, but they have not been in stock anywhere.
So if anyone else should be missing one, a compatible version in a really nice quality can be bought here:

Garmin: https://framesandgear.com/scott-creston ... rmin-mount
Wahoo: https://framesandgear.com/scott-creston ... ahoo-mount

For the record: I am just a happy customer, and have no commercial relationship with this company :thumbup:

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

Steerer cut and Roval Rapide CLX's fitted (with new ratchet!) with GP5000 28mm. Looks much more aggressive than the 38mm wheels with tan Vittorias. Weight is now 7.1kg. Creston ic SL would take it sub 7kg but I think this'll do for now -

billythestickboy

by billythestickboy

hhp5711 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 1:06 pm
I've been looking for a computer mount for the integrated Syncros Creston IC SL handlebar, but they have not been in stock anywhere.
So if anyone else should be missing one, a compatible version in a really nice quality can be bought here:

Garmin: https://framesandgear.com/scott-creston ... rmin-mount
Wahoo: https://framesandgear.com/scott-creston ... ahoo-mount

For the record: I am just a happy customer, and have no commercial relationship with this company :thumbup:
Did you get the weight for this one? I got the racewear one which is nice and light, but I'm not 100% happy with the angle it holds it at

Doudou

by Doudou

Hey, I just joined the Scott Addict RC family with a little RC 20 from 2020 in M. Its previous owner didn't have the motivation to ride more than 500km before selling it. He changed the original wheels for some Mavic Ksyrium SL. Here is a little pic, it's almost the stock version... for now.

I've already changed the tires for my Conti GP 5000 in 25mm (the picture was taken with the Schwalbe ones). It already looks much more faster and agressive, havn't test if it's the case or not 😁
Next little change is going to be the bottle holders, those black and white ones doesn't suit well with the black/dark green color of this version.

I am still in the adjustment period and I'm trying to find my position, so the first real changes will probably be the stem and the handlebar as the reach is a bit long for me (I'm 1m75 and ~82cm inseam). Right now it's the 110mm with 420 handlebar, i'll probably go with the IC SL in 90 or 100mm stem and 400m handlebar.

Once everything will be pretty much sorted out correctly i'll try to lower the stem (but I don't understand how to do it temporarily without cutting it...). And next things are probably going to be the crankset, replacing it with the 46-33 with a powermeter. And theeeeen the wheels.
Attachments
DSC08612.jpg

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

Doudou wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 5:57 pm
Hey, I just joined the Scott Addict RC family with a little RC 20 from 2020 in M. Its previous owner didn't have the motivation to ride more than 500km before selling it. He changed the original wheels for some Mavic Ksyrium SL. Here is a little pic, it's almost the stock version... for now.

I've already changed the tires for my Conti GP 5000 in 25mm (the picture was taken with the Schwalbe ones). It already looks much more faster and agressive, havn't test if it's the case or not 😁
Next little change is going to be the bottle holders, those black and white ones doesn't suit well with the black/dark green color of this version.

I am still in the adjustment period and I'm trying to find my position, so the first real changes will probably be the stem and the handlebar as the reach is a bit long for me (I'm 1m75 and ~82cm inseam). Right now it's the 110mm with 420 handlebar, i'll probably go with the IC SL in 90 or 100mm stem and 400m handlebar.

Once everything will be pretty much sorted out correctly i'll try to lower the stem (but I don't understand how to do it temporarily without cutting it...). And next things are probably going to be the crankset, replacing it with the 46-33 with a powermeter. And theeeeen the wheels.
Nice ride! To lower stem temporarily you'll need standard round 1 1/4" spacers. Probably best to buy a selection pack, if you want to drop by 20mm you'll need that amount of standard spacer, 30mm if dropping 30 etc.
I just did this recently and a good tip is to unwrap the bar tape to the shifters so you can move them up the bar - this will give you enough slack in the cables to get the stem off of the steerer tube (and back on).

Edit - Meant to add, there are three bolts to loosen to get stem off, the 3rd being on left hand side at front of steerer. Its also easier if you remove the cover on top of the stem (one small bolt) near steerer tube which will allow the necessary slack in cables but this may not be necessary with etap (I have DA mechanical)

GeoffS

by GeoffS

BianchiDave, that is one gorgeous looking bike. How much weight did you save going to the AB chain rings?

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

GeoffS wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 12:53 am
BianchiDave, that is one gorgeous looking bike. How much weight did you save going to the AB chain rings?
I must confess to not actually weighing the rings but I do know they are around the same weight as standard DA round ones, if not very slightly more (and that was going from 52/36 standard round to 50/34 oval), so if already on DA no notable weight would be saved by switching to AB.

The DA cranks pictured (and the rings) were taken off my Foil and are actually 165mm - therefore more weight would likely have been saved on the RC by switching to these from the standard 172.5mm cranks which came fitted to the bike.

I've long had lower back and hip issues, hence I switched to 165 cranks last autumn and noted a huge difference due to the lower hip angle at the top of the pedal stroke. I only switched to ovals earlier this year and they have been a further revelation - feels like I've taken years off my aging body so can highly recommend them, just don't expect a weight saving.

Being on weightweenies, I must get into the habit of weighing individual components. Was too keen to get the bike ready to ride!

GeoffS

by GeoffS

BianchiDave wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 8:15 am
I've long had lower back and hip issues, hence I switched to 165 cranks last autumn and noted a huge difference due to the lower hip angle at the top of the pedal stroke. I only switched to ovals earlier this year and they have been a further revelation - feels like I've taken years off my aging body so can highly recommend them, just don't expect a weight saving.
Thanks Dave. Have just swapped over to 165mm cranks also, due to knee issues. Yet to see if they make a difference. Have never considered oval chainrings - might have to look into them
Doudou wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 5:57 pm
Be warned - supply of iC SL bars is very limited. I changed from 420mm/110mm to 400/90mm a few weeks ago. No stock in Australia, and distributor was indicating new stock wouldn't arrive until maybe September. I found only one online shop worldwide who had a set available and was prepared to ship (there was one or two in the US but no-one would ship internationally).

basv

by basv

I bought a second-hand 2020 Scott Addict RC15 frame and I'm planning to build it up with a Shimano mechanical groupset. Can anyone tell my how the internal rear derailleur cable (SP-41) is conected to the Shadow-specific OT-RS900 rear derailleur cable? I assume running a SP-41 for the entire length between shifter and derailleur will not work because the loop at the back is too tight. I was thinking to use one of the Shimano cable stops with a tip to connect the two, but I'm not sure whether this will be sturdy enough.. Maybe anyone here who stripped an Addict RC30 or RC40 can tell me how Scott does it?

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

basv wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:40 pm
I bought a second-hand 2020 Scott Addict RC15 frame and I'm planning to build it up with a Shimano mechanical groupset. Can anyone tell my how the internal rear derailleur cable (SP-41) is conected to the Shadow-specific OT-RS900 rear derailleur cable? I assume running a SP-41 for the entire length between shifter and derailleur will not work because the loop at the back is too tight. I was thinking to use one of the Shimano cable stops with a tip to connect the two, but I'm not sure whether this will be sturdy enough.. Maybe anyone here who stripped an Addict RC30 or RC40 can tell me how Scott does it?
Just checked my RC which is DA mechanical and fortunately the rear mech outer cable is stamped, with OT-RS900. I changed the mech hanger to the newer sturdier version last week and noted the cable seems to go well inside the frame, and there was plenty slack in it. Given the tight turns the cable makes at the handlebars/stem and headset area, I reckon the full length would be OT-RS900. This would make sense, and would save any potential issues when recabling the bike. Not sure where it could be purchased though, seems most places only have the 240mm length.
Probably best to contact Scott themselves?

Selberto

by Selberto

Hi Guys,

anybody has a Syncros Creston IC SL Cockpit in 40/110 or 40/120 for sale? Need an upgrade. :-)

TheMalahat

by TheMalahat

Selberto wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:42 am
Hi Guys,

anybody has a Syncros Creston IC SL Cockpit in 40/110 or 40/120 for sale? Need an upgrade. :-)
Just got one installed on my RC20 last week. The bike looks even better, and, I'm amazed how much lighter it for just by feel - I hadn't (and haven't) actually looked at the weight difference. Loving the improved ride quality as well!

Selberto

by Selberto

TheMalahat wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:55 am
Selberto wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:42 am
Hi Guys,

Just got one installed on my RC20 last week. The bike looks even better, and, I'm amazed how much lighter it for just by feel - I hadn't (and haven't) actually looked at the weight difference. Loving the improved ride quality as well!
Where did you get it from?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com