Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bqbs1234

by bqbs1234

Gunter73 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:31 am
ddddd1 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:34 pm
Implicit question for this forum remained unanswered, so I gotta ask it explicitly - what's the weight? :D
Small update :
Replaced the std saddle with the Selle Italia SLR flow Carbonio and installed the 0 off set seat post and Elite Leggero bottle cages.
Actual weight with the heavy (and to be replaced) Look keo classic pedals (and front mount) = 7,3 Kg for a size L or 56
With the lighter pedals and lighter rear rotor it will be around 100 g lighter ; they should arrive mid of December.
That white is absolutely beuatiful! Such a clean look

Pinguin

by Pinguin

Short question:Which Accu holder for Di2 should i use on Duncan Sl seatpost which is oval?
Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

billythestickboy

by billythestickboy

Just put my order in for an RC15, very excited

I just found an alternative computer mount on ebay, has anyone triedit? It's just as expensive and doesn't look any cheaper, so I'm not tempted to try it tbh
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cycle-Comput ... SwmTxfHTBo

Also, I've seen some places selling the mount show it including the go pro mount, which would be helpful for mounting a light, did anyone get that with the mount, or did you buy it separately?

Neillp

by Neillp

billythestickboy wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:32 pm
Just put my order in for an RC15, very excited

I just found an alternative computer mount on ebay, has anyone triedit? It's just as expensive and doesn't look any cheaper, so I'm not tempted to try it tbh
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cycle-Comput ... SwmTxfHTBo

Also, I've seen some places selling the mount show it including the go pro mount, which would be helpful for mounting a light, did anyone get that with the mount, or did you buy it separately?
Have you upgraded your bars? I didn't think the rc15 came with the one piece carbon combo.

billythestickboy

by billythestickboy

Yes, it's got to be done really, for the weight and the looks

Neillp

by Neillp

Good choice. I did exactly the same on my RC15

The syncros mount does not come with a GoPro mount but the holes are there if you want to fit one

billythestickboy

by billythestickboy

Ah OK that great, looks like there's a few options around for the gopro mount, it's that a universal thing or will I need something specific?

haze513

by haze513

Just keep an eye on the hole centres if you can, I picked up a Prime adaptor from Wiggle for a K-Edge mount (not my Syncros one) and there's a slight difference...enough so it can't be fitted.

Gunter73

by Gunter73

ddddd1 wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:18 am
But you can answer my second question - I heard that the XTR rotors are a little bit sturdier than Shimano road rotors, so the disc rubbing should not happen so often (in my case it's whenever I run into a pothole), so what is your experience?
Didn't ride any miles yet (winter over here), will let you know.

Gunter73

by Gunter73

billythestickboy wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:57 pm
Gunter73 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:31 am
ddddd1 wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:34 pm
Implicit question for this forum remained unanswered, so I gotta ask it explicitly - what's the weight? :D
Small update :
Replaced the std saddle with the Selle Italia SLR flow Carbonio and installed the 0 off set seat post and Elite Leggero bottle cages.
Actual weight with the heavy (and to be replaced) Look keo classic pedals (and front mount) = 7,3 Kg for a size L or 56
With the lighter pedals and lighter rear rotor it will be around 100 g lighter ; they should arrive mid of December.
Is that still with the Schwalbe tyres by the looks of it? Will Conti5000s save a little bit more weight?
Correct, never used 28mm's before so I'll first try these 28mm Schwalbe tires and see how the handle.
I prefer puncture protection and grip over weight.
(Maybe I'll buy the Conti GP-4 season instead of the 5000 because I'm very impressed wiht these on my winter bike)

pmprego

by pmprego

Quick question (I think): what is the recommended torque in the stem bolts for the fork steerer?

AED

by AED

pmprego wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:28 am
Quick question (I think): what is the recommended torque in the stem bolts for the fork steerer?
Recomended is not enough if you have Creston iC SL, the headset becomes loose quicly. Also torx bolts are terrible in this place.

pmprego

by pmprego

AED wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:21 am
pmprego wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:28 am
Recomended is not enough if you have Creston iC SL, the headset becomes loose quicly. Also torx bolts are terrible in this place.
But it's what? 5nm?

ddddd1

by ddddd1

Obey the instructions of the stem manufacturer. I wouldn't worry about fork steerer, it can't be damaged by any torque that wouldn't damage the stem in the first place (this should be valid for any reputable manufacturer. For no name chinese manufacturers, I wouldn't be so sure)
Enid: Scott Addict RC Ultimate Team Ed - 7.2 kg (in. pedals and bottle cages)

GeoffS

by GeoffS

8-9 Nm for expander bolt. 6 Nm for stem bolts.
Attachments
stem instructions English.jpg
Stem bolts.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com