Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

TheMalahat wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 3:22 am
Or, if I understand the problem correctly, Robert Axle Project. They ship very fast so the relatively small cost could be worth it just to get riding again.

Warning, when I ordered my Axle for thia generation of Addict they had the size wrong on their axle finder. No idea if it's been fixed, I did notify them of the issue obviously.
I had a tempo yesterday so I did ride with it like that. I had to do it, but I won't now until I get that part. The bike works as usual, just that ring which the axle goes through doesn't sit flush against the fork, and I'm worried the bent sharp parts could damage the fork.

I just looked on the Robert Axle site. I get this axle below when I type in Addict RC, but I don't see the round part which the axle goes through. I don't know if that part should come with the axle or if it's separate.
9B3B1D4F-F48F-4398-A048-E647B644BF88.png
1E03A56E-B118-40E9-9A26-EBB62DB55F73.png
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

How does that work when you buy a different axle? I've seen people in the thread talking about upgrading axles. My question is wether the round part around the axle which the axle goes through, do you still use that part when you replace the axle or is it not necessary?

Nevermind about the Robertaxle thing, I am im Sweden. Didn't realise it was in the US.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

Thanks.

But I still don't understand if this round part on the pic below which the axle goes through, which is a separate part is needed or not. Do these other axles go on without that part?
91922DD8-DFC7-460B-AFA9-AE6232BA666A.jpeg
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

I'll be getting the Carbon-Ti then. The Robertaxle one will cost me more with shipping and taxes to Europe. I'm ready to pull the trigger since I need it as soon as possible. I'm just unsure about that separate part above which the axle goes through. If that is still needed, then just getting a new axle won't help. Because that's the part which is damaged. Not so much the axle.

I wrote to Scott but I haven't got an answer. Robertaxles said only that their axle fits but didn't answer my question on wether they go on there without that original part.

I don't know wether to splash on both front and rear while I'm at it. How many grams do I save by replacing both with C-Ti? Problem is I need a new Sram cassette and discs for my other wheelset so I don't know wether it's worth 150 euros for both axles. The Sram cassettes are impossible to get right now though.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

pmprego

by pmprego

I know it was asked before. Perhaps by me (one is not getting any younger).

What is the max tire clearance for the addict rc?

I have a 28c that grows to 31mm and it seems already tight. I have a pair of 32c lying around and I was considering using them as my confort/training tire.

ice29

by ice29

hhp5711 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 1:06 pm
I've been looking for a computer mount for the integrated Syncros Creston IC SL handlebar, but they have not been in stock anywhere.
So if anyone else should be missing one, a compatible version in a really nice quality can be bought here:

Garmin: https://framesandgear.com/scott-creston ... rmin-mount
Wahoo: https://framesandgear.com/scott-creston ... ahoo-mount

For the record: I am just a happy customer, and have no commercial relationship with this company :thumbup:
Just get a fake one from aliexpress, we compared it in our group and it holds Garmin computer better than the original one :D
link to ali

byunbee

by byunbee

Hi,

I just bought a 2020 Scott Addict RC 15 from a private seller. I've never used electronic groupset. The bike came with Ultegra Di2 and I've been trying to figure out how to connect to the Shimano Etune app. From the Shimano documentation I found online, it says to push the junction A button until green red alternate flashes. But it never does that. It just goes from solid red then to green and red flashing together for like 1.5 secs and the lights turn off.
  • 1 .Am I doing something wrong here?
    2. Do I need to purchase the Bluetooth module to be able to connect to etune? IT seems odd that the bike didn't come with it built in. I'm wondering whether the seller removed that.
Looking forward to some answers. Thanks in advance!

MrRolandos

by MrRolandos

byunbee wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 3:06 pm
Hi,

I just bought a 2020 Scott Addict RC 15 from a private seller. I've never used electronic groupset. The bike came with Ultegra Di2 and I've been trying to figure out how to connect to the Shimano Etune app. From the Shimano documentation I found online, it says to push the junction A button until green red alternate flashes. But it never does that. It just goes from solid red then to green and red flashing together for like 1.5 secs and the lights turn off.
  • 1 .Am I doing something wrong here?
    2. Do I need to purchase the Bluetooth module to be able to connect to etune? IT seems odd that the bike didn't come with it built in. I'm wondering whether the seller removed that.
Looking forward to some answers. Thanks in advance!
• Pairing a Shimano DI2 system must be performed using a smartphone according to the procedure below. A wireless unit (Shimano EW-WU101, EW-WU111, SC-M9051, or SC-MT800) is required separately for pairing.

These never come with a DI2 setup and are bought seperately, I got a EW-WU111 on my bike. Also know as a D-Fly unit

ddddd1

by ddddd1

pmprego wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 6:48 pm

I have a 28c that grows to 31mm and it seems already tight. I have a pair of 32c lying around and I was considering using them as my confort/training tire.
32mm was mentioned, but I guess that it was close to the real width. If your 28mm grows to 31mm, then I guess 32 will grow to something like 34. In a week I would like to try my other wheels with 32mm tyre, which is 32,6mm real width, I will let you know how it fits.
Enid: Scott Addict RC Ultimate Team Ed - 7.2 kg (in. pedals and bottle cages)

pmprego

by pmprego

ddddd1 wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:23 pm
pmprego wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 6:48 pm

32mm was mentioned, but I guess that it was close to the real width. If your 28mm grows to 31mm, then I guess 32 will grow to something like 34. In a week I would like to try my other wheels with 32mm tyre, which is 32,6mm real width, I will let you know how it fits.
Cool. Give us some feedback please.

NickyR

by NickyR

Hi !
Just got my new bike, Scott Addict RC 40 size L, already upgraded with some Dura Ace parts (the whole transmission except the shifters and brake calipers), new Ultegra C50 wheels (1605g actual with tubeless tape) and my usual Selle Italia SLR boost carbon. I have not checked the weight "stock" (shame on me, I know) but the current weight is 7,52kg including pedals (Time xpro 12 titanium 188g) and 2 bottle cages, which is quite good (I was expecting 100g more).
I have not tried the bike yet, just roughly set the position, and check derailleurs and brakes settings and all bolts torque, but when I turn the bar (left or right) I can hear a housing rattling in the frame (downtube I rekon). Has it happened to someone else ? how to fix that ?
IMG_4087.JPG
IMG_4091.JPG

Reds

by Reds

Hello,
Nice bike.
I also heard a little noise (or maybe just vibration/reasoning) just after doing the cockpit replacement. Probably due to hydraulic tube. I didn't do anything, and don't know if the noise is still there because really not possible to heard during use of bike.

I also reach the same range weight with Ultegra set. Only the rear sprocket is dura-ace. To go lower, the next step will be probably the wheelset.
I don't know if we can excpect some gr saving, by switching to SRAM etap AXS...??

ice29

by ice29

Reds wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:58 pm
I also reach the same range weight with Ultegra set. Only the rear sprocket is dura-ace. To go lower, the next step will be probably the wheelset.
I don't know if we can excpect some gr saving, by switching to SRAM etap AXS...??
AXS is actually heavier than Di2... I guess the obvious parts are crankset (with classic 50/34 or 52/36 combination there are more lightweight options than for Sram AXS) and wheelset (e.g. I ride a custom-built 45mm wheels that are slightly over 1300g)
Also saddle can save you a lot :) (depending on what is your current one)

NickyR

by NickyR

I changed the thru axles for some nice Carbon-Ti X-lock X12 (22+32g)
21g saved and a classic 6mm hex key print
IMG_4119.JPG
Last edited by NickyR on Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com