Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ColnagoJohn

by ColnagoJohn

After being caught out on quite a few wet rides and washes having dried them out, my headset bearings are absolutely shot.
Does anyone know the names of the 2 bearings needed to replace the bearings?
Am i right in thinking the top bearing should be able to be replaced without taking the front brake hose out, but the bottom bearing needs the fork out completely so front brake cable removing?

Addict15

by Addict15

ColnagoJohn wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:13 pm
After being caught out on quite a few wet rides and washes having dried them out, my headset bearings are absolutely shot.
Am i right in thinking the top bearing should be able to be replaced without taking the front brake hose out, but the bottom bearing needs the fork out completely so front brake cable removing?
The bearings are identical for the top and bottom, so you can either buy two 52x40x8 45°x45° bearings or the full headset. I have not seen that in stock anywhere though, so either try your lbs or look really well I guess.
This is the onehttps://www.bike24.com/p2359439.html
For the top bearing both hoses need to be disconnected, because they run through the bearing. For the bottom bearing you need to remove only the front brake hose indeed. :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HansZuDemFranz

by HansZuDemFranz

Addict15 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:59 pm
ColnagoJohn wrote:
The bearings are identical for the top and bottom, so you can either buy two 52x40x8 45°x45° bearings or the full headset. I have not seen that in stock anywhere though, so either try your lbs or look really well I guess.
For the top bearing both hoses need to be disconnected, because they run through the bearing. For the bottom bearing you need to remove only the front brake hose indeed. :)
Just to clarify. Wouldnt this essentially mean, that you also need a new brake hose? Because to thread the brake hose through the fork or frame, you need to cut the ending off, right? So if its just long enough now, you would probably need a new hose. Or am I missing something?

Thinking about this, i kinda want to go back to external cables...

pmprego

by pmprego

HansZuDemFranz wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:26 pm
Addict15 wrote:
ColnagoJohn wrote:
Just to clarify. Wouldnt this essentially mean, that you also need a new brake hose? Because to thread the brake hose through the fork or frame, you need to cut the ending off, right? So if its just long enough now, you would probably need a new hose. Or am I missing something?

Thinking about this, i kinda want to go back to external cables...
In theory, if it's the first time replacing that you should have some slack. But eventually what you've described will happen. External cables for my next bike. 100% certain.

Tuslareb

by Tuslareb

mapaha2810 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:17 am
efl wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:55 pm
No issues here with the 27.2 adapter.
Thanks for the replies and opinions. I think I'll go for the 27.2 version then... if its too loose, it shouldn't be a problem to invest 8-9 Euro for the 30.9 version :mrgreen:
I had the same question and today I received my new di2 battery (2nd generation) with a Ritchey battery holder in size 27.2. It's a good tight fit, partly because the new triangular battery connector part doesn't really fit in the battery holder which is designed for the old battery. But for a D-shaped seatpost like the Scott Addict, this is just fine (and maybe even better). Some pics:
IMG_1412.jpeg
IMG_1413.jpeg

mapaha2810

by mapaha2810

Thanks for your feedback and the pictures.

In the meantime I ordered a 27.2mm battery holder from "PRO" and tried how it fits with the new Battery. In my opinion, the fit could be tighter. Therefore I also ordered the 31.6mm version (also from PRO). But I didn't try it yet. I am still waiting for any further parts (besides battery, cables and charging cable :lol: ) before I can continue. Maybe I will combine one side of the 27.2mm battery holder with one side of the 31.6mm version.
Attachments
IMG_20211008_174134 - Kopie.jpg

ChrisRideLog

by ChrisRideLog

Has anybody already travelled by flight with the Addict and the syncros integrated one piece cockpit? Is it enough to disconnect the brake calipers from the frame in order to have more brake hose length to accomodate the cockpit in a suitable position in the trasport bag?

If this is not sufficient is the only solution to open the brake hoses and rebleed them after arriving in the destination which would be the worse case scenario?

fogman

by fogman

I used the EVOC Road Bike Bag Pro for a recent trip. No disassembly of the cockpit necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

central99

by central99

I've been searching for the Ritchey WCS 7 x 9.6 clamp for carbon railed saddles with no luck. Does anyoneone know of somewhere with stock in the UK?

GeoffS

by GeoffS

Diegasmus

by Diegasmus

Addict15 wrote:
ColnagoJohn wrote:
https://rgbikes.com/producto/direccion- ... 40-275466/

This spanish site has stock

Diegasmus

by Diegasmus

Someone has a 400 100 IC SL handlebar?

I'm based in Spain.

pmprego

by pmprego

The benefits of proprietary parts. Just lovely.
Attachments
syncros.PNG

central99

by central99

GeoffS wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:45 am
Mantel seems to have one in stock
https://www.mantel.com/en/ritchey-wcs-1 ... m-seatpost
Thanks.

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

I just got a good deal on a 3 week old Addict 20 RC 2021, for only 3000 euros. I am very happy with the bike but now the issues start with all these proprietary parts I need to change.🙂 I need to do alot of research fast, because I need to order all the parts before they disappear.

I need a 20mm offset post and a 120mm stem. Which are gonna cost a ton. I suppose that the steerer needs to be cut to lower it? I only need it to be 1-1,5cm lower.

I read that the stem can be changed without removing cables, which is good. But my issue is the handlebars. I need 38 cm bars but 40 would be fine if only Syncros handlebars work with it. I mean the one handlebar, because there seems to only be the Creston IC 1.5, and it's really hard to find in the size I want. I would like Aero bars but do not want to fork out 600 euros for the SL cockpit, and that also doesn't come in 120/380. If I got the SL, it would need to be the 120/400. By the way, is it 400 at the drops?

So my main question I need help with, is the handlebars. Do any other Aero handlebars work with the RR IC stem? Or any handlebar that has a hole where the stem clamps? The Prime Aero bars have a hole for example and there are probably others. Also the Vision Metron Flat 4d do. Here are some pics:
79F5ED72-D5C3-4BE1-940E-9703FF926074.png
4CED3CA3-5778-45AE-89D9-EB4CB09632C6.png
Last edited by Roadbiker10 on Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com