Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mapaha2810

by mapaha2810

Could anyone confirm the right size for the Di2 battery holder? One user in this thread said it's 30.9, another one linked a 27.2 adapter - and from what I measured the 27.2 seems correct to me? :?:

I am preparing to build up my 2021 RC Pro as soon as I get my hands on one of the new Shimano groupsets

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rainerhq

by rainerhq

I don´t think the seatpost is round. There should be specific battery holder for this seatpost. At least my Foil had.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

ddddd1

by ddddd1

The seatpost is not round, but why would you go with more expensive specific part if the standard cheaper one works exactly the same?
I bought 30,9, but it was very hard to push it inside (I didn't even manage to push entirely inside and I don't think I will ever be able to take it out). Therefore I assume that 27,2 should work as well and it might be easier to work with. However, if you want peace of mind, go for 30.
Enid: Scott Addict RC Ultimate Team Ed - 7.2 kg (in. pedals and bottle cages)

rainerhq

by rainerhq

First I tried the one I have in the 27,2mm round seatpost, but it was too big. Maybe I wasn´t pushing hard enough.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

efl

by efl

No issues here with the 27.2 adapter.

nodivision

by nodivision

Anyone that's swapped thier IC bars to a different size (I'm going shorter stem and narrower), any tips?

I have been putting it off because I expected it to be a pain to get the cables back through. Mechanical group as well.

mapaha2810

by mapaha2810

efl wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:55 pm
No issues here with the 27.2 adapter.
Thanks for the replies and opinions. I think I'll go for the 27.2 version then... if its too loose, it shouldn't be a problem to invest 8-9 Euro for the 30.9 version :mrgreen:
IMG_20210921_175227.jpg
IMG_20210921_175315.jpg

CruellaDerailleur

by CruellaDerailleur

I joined the Addict RC club back in May with my 2021 RC 30 (56cm) with a set of Mavic Cosmic SL 45

It has been flawless until this week when the gear cable to the RD has completely shredded inside the shifter. I noticed poor shifting a few days ago and was unaware at the time the cable was probably frayed in the shifter. When I was pulling to get the slack out of the cable before clamping it back to the RD it must have ripped completely.

So I need to replace this cable (should have gone Di2 from the start :|). How easy is this job for a relatively inexperienced home mechanic? I'm comfortable taking off shifters, bar tape, handlebars, stem and headset but I don't have the tools to remove the BB.

Can I simply pull the old inner cable out towards the RD and thread the new cable from the shifter through the outer cable in the frame?

HansZuDemFranz

by HansZuDemFranz

CruellaDerailleur wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:11 am

Can I simply pull the old inner cable out towards the RD and thread the new cable from the shifter through the outer cable in the frame?
I think there is a complete cable housing through the entire frame, so this should work. (Im not 100% sure on this)
But if its not too much of a hassle, I would go back to the shop where you bought it. This shouldnt happen after a couple of months and they probably will replace it for free (at least a shop with good service would).

Addict15

by Addict15

It’s very easy to get the cable through, there is a full length outer housing through the frame and handlebars. The thing that might be most difficult is removing the frayed cable from the shifter. Also when putting a new cable in there make sure you’re shifted all the way to the highest gear (so with the smaller shift paddle) else it gets very fiddly. I do agree the bikeshop will probably do it for you, but it’s faster to do it yourself usually.

CruellaDerailleur

by CruellaDerailleur

Thanks for the tips! I had the bike delivered from another country so I'll give this a go myself. I'm hoping it'll be similar to this video

This will all have to wait a couple of weeks however. I'm in Mallorca for the next 10 days and ironically had already organised a Di2 Ultegra rental. I wanted to see if it was worth upgrading but I think I already know the answer :roll: I'll be upgrading to Ultegra R8100 as soon as it's available

bike349

by bike349

Hello!

I hope I'm at the right place, because I can't decide - need good arguments to do it :)
At the moment I ride my everyday rides with old Merida MTB, mostly on tarmac (50-150 km). Over the years, I have realized that I need new bike and it's not going to be MTB, because I clearly prefer long comfortable (im 195cm, 100 kg) rides on tarmac (average speed with MTB 27-30 km/h). There is moments as my journey passes long gravel roads - I do not prefer, but things happen :)

Now, I think I'm ready and new 2022 Scott bikes caught my attention, BUT I cant decide wchich one.

1. Addict Gravel 30

KEY FEATURES
Addict Gravel Disc HMF Carbon Frame
Addict Gravel Disc HMF Fork
Shimano GRX RX810/600 Disc 22 Speed
Syncros RP2.0 Disc Wheels
Schwalbe G-ONE Bite Tires

2. Addict 30

KEY FEATURES

Addict Disc HMF Carbon Frame
Addict HMF Fork
Shimano 105 Disc 22 Speed
Syncros RP2.0 Disc Wheels
Schwalbe ONE Tires
Syncros Carbon/Alloy Parts

I can't imagine, what is the real life differences GRX vs 105 and how my workouts is affected ? Can someone explain me, what bike I must choose and why ? Please try to be very simple! :D

ddddd1

by ddddd1

Real life difference between GRX and 105 is only in the gearing - GRX has easier gears, therefore more suitable for hills and mountains (or gravel roads) or slower rides. If Addict or Addict Gravel, you have to decide yourself depending on the amount and category of gravel you ride. If don't ride often grade 3 or worse, then 32mm tyres on Addict can handle it just fine. If you often ride grade 3 or worse, then Addict Gravel is more suitable, but for road rides, you will also need a pair of road tyres with it (and with time also pair of wheels, cause switching tyres sucks).
Enid: Scott Addict RC Ultimate Team Ed - 7.2 kg (in. pedals and bottle cages)

Addict15

by Addict15

bike349 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:33 pm
I can't imagine, what is the real life differences GRX vs 105 and how my workouts is affected ? Can someone explain me, what bike I must choose and why ? Please try to be very simple! :D
I think the main difference will be the tire size, so 32 mm on the addict and 45 mm on the addict gravel. If you say you ride mostly road and sometimes gravel, I would go for the addict with 32 mm tires. Another thing to keep in mind is the addict comes in a size xxl/61 whilst the addict gravel goes up to 58/xl. If you are used to riding on a mtb, you might prefer the higher stack on the road addict.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bike349

by bike349

Thanks guys! So my doubts came true and I will go for Addict 30!