Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

protocol_droid

by protocol_droid

Addict15 wrote:Yeah that's the direct mount hanger, should be fine with the standard one. Looks like it's going to be a light build seeing the spokes ;)
Yessir. Without chain its at 13.3lbs.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

naked 3po, the first weight weenie.

PittHammer412

by PittHammer412

Addict15 wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:00 pm
PittHammer412 wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:33 pm
Got my 2021 Addict RC a few days ago. Dumped stock saddle and wheels for sworks power and 303S with schwalbe TT 28s. My god is this thing fast. Coming from an sl6 tarmac pro I was pleasantly surprised at how fast this thing spins up and holds speed. Incredible power transfer and everything is beautiful. Very pleased.
Looks very nice! Have you had any trouble with the pro one tt tyres?
Only one ride thus far but no issues. They look gorgeous, comfortable as heck running 60psi in the 303S and they are tacky and grip fantastically

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ritchieis

by ritchieis

PittHammer412 wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:33 pm
Got my 2021 Addict RC a few days ago. Dumped stock saddle and wheels for sworks power and 303S with schwalbe TT 28s. My god is this thing fast. Coming from an sl6 tarmac pro I was pleasantly surprised at how fast this thing spins up and holds speed. Incredible power transfer and everything is beautiful. Very pleased.
Very nice looking machine ! Can I ask is that the Syncros STEM RR IC COMPUTER MOUNT? OR some other option? Thanks.

stjepan

by stjepan

Sorry if this has been asked before, couldn't find any info on it. What is the max size for tires that can be fitted to Scott Addict RC 2021 model? I've the RC30 and am considering light gravel use every once in a while.

Thanks for the input!

AED

by AED

32mm GP5000 fits perfectly and is enough even for "light" gravel racing

stjepan

by stjepan

AED wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:35 am
32mm GP5000 fits perfectly and is enough even for "light" gravel racing
Thanks! I'm running Zipp 303S, so no GP5000 for me. But 32mm should be fine for Schwalbe tires too, at least the new models.

AED

by AED

OEM Schwalbe PRO ONE lasted only 10km of gravel and on GP5000 already >5000km without any issues (but maybe that's just luck :) )

stjepan

by stjepan

Yeah, I know that Schwalbe's are prone to punctures on the road even, let alone gravel. Although I do have One's (not Pro's) which are just fine - no punctures as of yet on them on the road. What would be my other options, beside Schwalbe for gravel? Any thoughts?

M4lukz

by M4lukz

stjepan wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:58 pm
Yeah, I know that Schwalbe's are prone to punctures on the road even, let alone gravel. Although I do have One's (not Pro's) which are just fine - no punctures as of yet on them on the road. What would be my other options, beside Schwalbe for gravel? Any thoughts?
I can say with confidence that in 20k km I've only puncured twice or three times, using schwalbe's One's (first 9k km) and Pro One's TLE for the remainder 11k.

by Ville

Hi,

I've bought a scott addict RC 15 and went for a bikefit last week. My cockpit had standard 4cm spacers under the stem and had to be lowered by 3cm.
I have an 110 stem installed on the bike but I have to chance to 120 or even 130. I found an 120 stem from someone who needed a 140.

Can I change the stem without disconnecting the disc brake cables? I see they are guided on top of the stem, but the di2 cable runs in the stem I saw.. don't know where I can actually disconnected hat one too.

Someone already did the job or can help me?

Addict15

by Addict15

There should be a ew-jc200 connector inside your stem, you can just unplug one of the di2 cables from there. So you don't have to disconnect the hoses, just take out all the bolts at the rear end of the stem to guide the hoses out. When you loosen the handlebars from the stem you should see the connector inside. Good luck!

by Ville

Addict15 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:31 pm
There should be a ew-jc200 connector inside your stem, you can just unplug one of the di2 cables from there. So you don't have to disconnect the hoses, just take out all the bolts at the rear end of the stem to guide the hoses out. When you loosen the handlebars from the stem you should see the connector inside. Good luck!
Ok, so where the 2 stem bolts are I should be able to pass the brake hoses out of the stem?

I had to lower the stem by 3cm but need a 1 or 2cm longer stem now. I presume that the brake hose will be long enough? Is there still some margin on the brake hose (in the handlebar for example)?

Another question. I'm curious what hubs the syncros wheels have. I don't find much about it on the internet. My lbs said they are dt swiss internals..?

Addict15

by Addict15

This is easiest to understand I think. There should definitely be enough slack if you drop the stem 3 cm, I created some slack by moving the shifter up the bar a bit as well. On mine they were mounted pretty low on the bar.
Not sure about the hubs, I heard they are based on dt swiss hubs but they use 6 pawls. Dt swiss uses 3 pawls or star ratchets

jimmyt

by jimmyt

The 90mm RR IC 31.8 stem looks to be out-of-stock everywhere and not available soon. Which aero stem alternatives would fit the Addict RC (icw the Syncros Creston iC 1.5 Compact Alloy) with (ideally) also a different angle (-10 or -17 degr.)?

Or (other option), which integrated aero handlebars (90mm / -10/-17 degrees stem) would be a good fit to the Addict RC?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nodivision

by nodivision

Anyone know the spoke length for the rear Syncros Capital 1.0 35 wheels on the RC Pro's? I took the broken one with me to work today and its close to 285mm but I didnt want to guess. I know they are DT aerolite bladed straight pull.