Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

EricW

by EricW

The chainstay mounting bolts actually screws into the adaptor plate not the caliper. There are another two bolts inside the adaptor that threads into the caliper. The internal bolts are offset to shift the caliper forward on the chainstay to accommodate 160mm rotor.

So basically you are eliminating the adaptor and the two internal bolts and screwing the chainstay bolts directly into the caliper.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Neillp

by Neillp

EricW wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:17 pm
The chainstay mounting bolts actually screws into the adaptor plate not the caliper. There are another two bolts inside the adaptor that threads into the caliper. The internal bolts are offset to shift the caliper forward on the chainstay to accommodate 160mm rotor.

So basically you are eliminating the adaptor and the two internal bolts and screwing the chainstay bolts directly into the caliper.
Ah okay that makes sense, thanks

debuysserk

by debuysserk

My Addict RC15 2021 should be arriving any day now. Are there things (accessoires, spare bolts, extra adapters etc) that should be coming with the new bike? I bought it at a dealer that is not my regular one so I'd rather have it serviced somewhere else.

I suspect they'll have to leave the top cap off since they can't cut my fork yet. Disc brake safety plates I guess. Charger for Di2, is that delivered with the bike?

Thanks!
Last edited by debuysserk on Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

R0CKETMAN

by R0CKETMAN

debuysserk wrote:My Addict RC15 2020 should be arriving any day now. Are there things (accessoires, spare bolts, extra adapters etc) that should be coming with the new bike? I bought it at a dealer that is not my regular one so I'd rather have it serviced somewhere else.

I suspect they'll have to leave the top cap off since they can't cut my fork yet. Disc brake safety plates I guess. Charger for Di2, is that delivered with the bike?

Thanks!
Scott would have cut the fork to accommodate “standard” spacer stack/head tube length for that size bike.

debuysserk

by debuysserk

Ok thx, does anybody have the K-edge mount on their RR IC? Can it hold a go pro adapter beneath it?

AED

by AED

debuysserk wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:47 am
Ok thx, does anybody have the K-edge mount on their RR IC? Can it hold a go pro adapter beneath it?
Yes, this works fine: https://www.bike-components.de/en/K-EDG ... ge-p43903/

debuysserk

by debuysserk

Ok thx, I got confirmation for the synchros version for the IC SL but not yet for the RR IC stem, it's different but it would make sense for them to add the optoin for gopro adapter of course ;)

AED

by AED

I have both handlebars beside my table, both with k-edge mounts. On both you can put that adapter.

debuysserk

by debuysserk

Both? Nice :). Still tempting to buy a closethegap mount with an option to put a bell next to the gopro adapter underneath. They have a RR IC version for Synchros.

Diegasmus

by Diegasmus

I can grab a set a Fulcrum Speed 40 DB for 900€....would you rather upgrade the stock RC20 wheels with this pair, or go for lighter chinese such as Hyper X?

protocol_droid

by protocol_droid

hey guys. are the inernal foam liners for traditional cabling only or for hydraulic cables as well?

in addition, are there any aftermarket wahoo/garmin mounts other than the raceware? i want the ability to turn the garmin mount 90 degrees to accept wahoo so i dont have to buy multiple mounts.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

naked 3po, the first weight weenie.

pmprego

by pmprego

protocol_droid wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:57 pm
hey guys. are the inernal foam liners for traditional cabling only or for hydraulic cables as well?

in addition, are there any aftermarket wahoo/garmin mounts other than the raceware? i want the ability to turn the garmin mount 90 degrees to accept wahoo so i dont have to buy multiple mounts.

There are a small blue adapter where you remove the Garmin one and insert the wahoo one.

protocol_droid

by protocol_droid

pmprego wrote:
protocol_droid wrote:

There are a small blue adapter where you remove the Garmin one and insert the wahoo one.
on the raceware version?

pmprego

by pmprego

protocol_droid wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:10 am
pmprego wrote:
protocol_droid wrote:

on the raceware version?

On no, I don't know that one.

protocol_droid

by protocol_droid

the raceware is printed one way or the other so they cant be switched. wish there was a lightweight carbon or printed version with interchangeable mounts.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com