Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Beancouter

by Beancouter

If anyone is interested, just spoke to Scott UK and the Creston IC SL bars are due in stock at end of Feb! Puts the brakes on my build......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Beancouter wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:07 pm
If anyone is interested, just spoke to Scott UK and the Creston IC SL bars are due in stock at end of Feb! Puts the brakes on my build......

Hate doing this to people, but here's a first look of a RC30 strip-build:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5vuf40nMRh ... 3xqrbnf5bp

This guy has the same idea as I do.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pmprego

by pmprego

M4lukz wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:57 pm
pmprego wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:19 pm
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:28 am
pmprego wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:09 am

Regarding the comparison with trek, if you compare the addict with canyon ultimate they almost match for different sizes. What I mean is that the addict L "matches" with the ultimate M.

Regarding fit, according to my fitter I'm kind of the opposite. Slightly longer arms relative to torso. So, even though I have good flexibility (I arrived to the bike fit with a 37 deg back angle and I never had back pain) going for a size 54 in the addict means having some 30mm of spacers something that I was trying to avoid. I guess I'll be going for a shorter stem (100mm instead of the 110m that Scott recommends) and a higher stack without so many spacers on it.

I guess I'm going for a better lock in exchange for a slightly heavier frame.

Yep.

Arm length actually tends to have less dramatic of an effect on sizing than torso vs inseam. Most people have wingspans within a couple cm of their total height regardless of “ape index.” People with short torsos and long legs are more difficult to fit. They end up having to size down to decrease frame reach, but also require more spacers than is reasonable.
Over the weekend I'll be going to the store to measure the amount of spacers that come standard with the bike and how many would I need. If I were indifferent between 54 and 56 I would of course go for the 54. Lighter, more agile bike.
Please do tell me how many cm of spacers there are by default /the spacer sizes
On a stock version, size M, came with 4cm of spacers. 1 spacer of 2 cm and 2 spacers of 1cm. In the store they said that there must be spacers of 0.5cm upon request.

In my case, I could go for the size 54 but I'd have to keep 3.5 to 4cm of spacers.

reconstyle

by reconstyle

Anyone is the US have info on delivery dates?

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

reconstyle wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:40 pm
shop in norcal spoke with their rep. for *framesets*, they had TWO 56cm/L coming in for THE WHOLE OF US in March 2019.

for the creston ic sl, they told me there was ONE 100x420 coming in January, supposedly also for the whole of the us for the year.

this was all as of late october. could take the total numbers with a grain of salt, but the dates should be pretty solid.
Last edited by FactoryMatt on Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

FactoryMatt wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:32 pm
reconstyle wrote:
shop in norcal spoke with their rep. for *framesets*, they had TWO 56cm/L coming in for THE WHOLE OF US in March 2019.

for the creston ic sl, they told me there was ONE 100x420 coming in, supposedly also for the whole of the us for the year.

this was all as of late october. could take the total numbers with a grain of salt, but the dates should be pretty solid.
Im assuming these are only for customer orders and not for shop display and eventual sale?

Seems so little tbh. Only 2 people in the US wanted a frame and 1 only wanted a Creston? Dang.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

g32ecs wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:48 am
FactoryMatt wrote:
reconstyle wrote:

for the creston ic sl, they told me there was ONE 100x420 coming in January, supposedly also for the whole of the us for the year.

Im assuming these are only for customer orders and not for shop display and eventual sale?

Seems so little tbh. Only 2 people in the US wanted a frame and 1 only wanted a Creston? Dang.
I think the framedls thats just what they had left for order on B2B for everything.

The creston tho sounded like they almost literally werent importing them.

Grain of salt like i mentioned, but turned me off on team Scott. Makes me appreciate what Orbea is doing..

Schell

by Schell

FactoryMatt wrote:
reconstyle wrote:

That's not what I'm being told. I've had mine on order since September, and am told it will be here in about a month, but who knows really 🤷‍♂️

g32ecs

by g32ecs

FactoryMatt wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:39 am
g32ecs wrote:
FactoryMatt wrote:
reconstyle wrote:

I think the framedls thats just what they had left for order on B2B for everything.

Grain of salt like i mentioned, but turned me off on team Scott. Makes me appreciate what Orbea is doing..
My LBS is a huge Scott dealer (both MTB and Road) and AFAIK only 1 guy pre ordered something. They still don't have 1 for display (they usually will have a new MY display)

Scott in my country said "they have arrived and will be shipping to LBS' soon". Like someone said, take it with a grain of salt...we'd have kidney stones by the time we see one in flesh.

pmprego

by pmprego

g32ecs wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:10 pm
FactoryMatt wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:39 am
g32ecs wrote:
FactoryMatt wrote:

My LBS is a huge Scott dealer (both MTB and Road) and AFAIK only 1 guy pre ordered something. They still don't have 1 for display (they usually will have a new MY display)

Scott in my country said "they have arrived and will be shipping to LBS' soon". Like someone said, take it with a grain of salt...we'd have kidney stones by the time we see one in flesh.
In Portugal I can say for sure that there are several stores that have it. None is the ultimate version but I've seen the ultegra and da mech version, the axs force (with the ic sl cockpit which I think it's not standard) and even some custom builds with red axs.

And even for frame only there is some stock available depending on the size.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Yep, I’ve seen the Force level Addict at an LBS. The paint looks great in person.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

Schell wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:13 am
FactoryMatt wrote:
reconstyle wrote:

That's not what I'm being told. I've had mine on order since September, and am told it will be here in about a month, but who knows really 🤷‍♂️
Are you in USA? that's a big discrepancy in time. keep us posted.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Popped into Scott dealer in winter garden Florida and they had 2 x 54 on display, one a force etap and the other the red model.

Gotta say the red is stunning - more a burnt orange...

Schell

by Schell

FactoryMatt wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:28 pm
Schell wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:13 am
FactoryMatt wrote:
reconstyle wrote:

Are you in USA? that's a big discrepancy in time. keep us posted.
Yes. Also in NorCal. The shop I have my order in with is in SF.

reconstyle

by reconstyle

Beancouter wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:26 pm
Popped into Scott dealer in winter garden Florida and they had 2 x 54 on display, one a force etap and the other the red model.

Gotta say the red is stunning - more a burnt orange...

Which dealer? I'm nearby, didn't know there was a Scott dealer in the area other than WPC and Adrenaline.

I ordered mine from a friends shop on the East Coast - RC15 52cm, ETA was showing Jan 17th in the system.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com