Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

g32ecs

by g32ecs

siim wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:49 pm
This guy has been riding one for almost a month now: https://www.instagram.com/priitsalumae/
Of course he works at local dealer but sample bikes are out in the shop to check out. Stock will probably arrive over the winter, preordering has started. Here's the price list: https://www.hawaii.ee/et/scott-alacarte ... tlusrattad
Awesome.

Why do the prices have 20% off on them? Is there some type of incentive?

pmprego

by pmprego

g32ecs wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:37 pm
siim wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:49 pm
This guy has been riding one for almost a month now: https://www.instagram.com/priitsalumae/
Of course he works at local dealer but sample bikes are out in the shop to check out. Stock will probably arrive over the winter, preordering has started. Here's the price list: https://www.hawaii.ee/et/scott-alacarte ... tlusrattad
Awesome.

Why do the prices have 20% off on them? Is there some type of incentive?
Careful that not everyone is getting 20%. Most likely that was a one-off case.

In Portugal, the high end cockpit is 550e and the ultimate frameset 3100e. Full price without discounts.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

siim

by siim

This discount applies to everyone who preorders their bike for next year. As Estonia only has about 1,3 million people, it's difficult for a bike shop to keep meaningful stock. Most shops have resolved this in a way that buyers can preorder next year models with discount. This way shops can order bikes that they will really sell. Many shops only order once per year from the manufacturer as the volumes are really low and otherwise pricing from manufacturer would not be nice. Caveat for the buyer is that usually you will get the bike after 3-4 months but that's usually fine as these months are proper winter months.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

siim wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:12 pm
This discount applies to everyone who preorders their bike for next year. As Estonia only has about 1,3 million people, it's difficult for a bike shop to keep meaningful stock. Most shops have resolved this in a way that buyers can preorder next year models with discount. This way shops can order bikes that they will really sell. Many shops only order once per year from the manufacturer as the volumes are really low and otherwise pricing from manufacturer would not be nice. Caveat for the buyer is that usually you will get the bike after 3-4 months but that's usually fine as these months are proper winter months.
Got it. Makes sense for 1.3mil population (damn, where Im from, that's only a city)

Makes me wonder how much the shops are making with a 20% discount upfront. Thats very aggressive pricing compared to here. You'd be lucky at 10% for new releases.

Thank you

rides4beer

by rides4beer

M4lukz wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:01 pm
I've already seen a photo of one in the roads of Portugal, from a friend of a colleague of mine. Delivery times over here are quite short AFAIK

Good looking bike, love the integrated cockpit, but those spacers, ugh. It'll look really good with a proper fit and one/zero spacers. :thumbup:

scale29

by scale29

All Scott dealers in UK certainly, get a pre season order price worth an extra 10% to encourage shops to stock up, sounds like the shop is just passing on some margin to guarentee some sales. a usual 30% is normal mark up for a retailer.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Bumping the thread if anyone has ridden it or at least seen one in flesh

I finally got the go signal from the boss for a new ride so this is now a 70% possibility. Just torn between getting a RC20 or an RC Pro and build from scratch (still undecided on the groupset. Something is telling me a mech Dura Ace/SRAM22 would be nice and light which is my goal)

pmprego

by pmprego

g32ecs wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:33 pm

I finally got the go signal from the boss for a new ride so this is now a 70% possibility. Just torn between getting a RC20 or an RC Pro and build from scratch (still undecided on the groupset. Something is telling me a mech Dura Ace/SRAM22 would be nice and light which is my goal)
I've seen one in flesh but did not ride it. One thing that caught my eyes was the size of the downtube. It's really big.

As for the build, I'll be getting the rc pro as I already have sram etap and some nice wheels. Nonetheless, for this bike I guess buying mech makes total sense because the systems allows for hidden cables even on mech groupset. It's definetly one advantage over the competition.

Nonetheless, I still wonder what makes the best all round disc wheel. Right now I'm leaning towards the roval CL 50 (not the clx which I cannot go for the aero spokes and ceramic bearings - I would pay some extra for the dt 240s over the 350 but hey, they don't have that).

SashaJoseph

by SashaJoseph

Seen it in the flesh yesterday (see picture). Really classy paintjobs, especially chameleon and team edition. Looks almost as much of an aero bike as the Specialized Venge. Weighed the thru-axles as well: 25g front and 28g rear, not much to gain there thus. Have been told also that I may need to invest in a travel case in which you do not need to remove the bar.

Personally, I am going for the team edition frameset, dura ace di2 with clavicula crankset, 42mm duke baccara sls2 rims with tune prince and princess. Aim is to build an all-round bike as much at ease in the mountains as on the flat.
Attachments
74F32F9E-C110-44E7-83A5-57F5E9778B6B.jpeg

Aeo

by Aeo

SashaJoseph wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:54 am
Personally, I am going for the team edition frameset, dura ace di2 with clavicula crankset, 42mm duke baccara sls2 rims with tune prince and princess. Aim is to build an all-round bike as much at ease in the mountains as on the flat.
Good choice, the Duke rims have caught my eye as well. Looks like the well-known China carbon brands rims are going up in price and the European ones are coming down slightly
Giant TCR Adv Pro Disc '17 · BH Lynx Race Evo '19 · Seraph GR029 '21 · Canyon Inflite AL '14

SashaJoseph

by SashaJoseph

Aeo wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:09 am
SashaJoseph wrote:
Good choice, the Duke rims have caught my eye as well. Looks like the well-known China carbon brands rims are going up in price and the European ones are coming down slightly
I have had a few pairs of Duke rims already, both MTB and road. Only positive experiences so far. Pricing is indeed reasonable but they are actually made in China (with a proprietary mold though).

I long hesitated with MCFK 45mm (which I also have in 35mm) but eventually went for the duke as wider (21mm vs 18mm), better finish (ud finish on mcfk is so-so) and cheaper (400 vs 700eur).

g32ecs

by g32ecs

pmprego wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:08 am
g32ecs wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:33 pm

I've seen one in flesh but did not ride it. One thing that caught my eyes was the size of the downtube. It's really big.

As for the build, I'll be getting the rc pro as I already have sram etap and some nice wheels. Nonetheless, for this bike I guess buying mech makes total sense because the systems allows for hidden cables even on mech groupset. It's definetly one advantage over the competition.

Nonetheless, I still wonder what makes the best all round disc wheel. Right now I'm leaning towards the roval CL 50 (not the clx which I cannot go for the aero spokes and ceramic bearings - I would pay some extra for the dt 240s over the 350 but hey, they don't have that).
Aiming for the CL50s as well and upgrading the bearings to ceramic which kinda makes it the CLX weight wise

AnkitS

by AnkitS

Most of the weight difference is in the spokes, not the bearings iirc.

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

scale29 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:34 pm
All Scott dealers in UK certainly, get a pre season order price worth an extra 10% to encourage shops to stock up, sounds like the shop is just passing on some margin to guarentee some sales. a usual 30% is normal mark up for a retailer.
the mark up is more like 50% on these bikes, 20% off is nothing

g32ecs

by g32ecs

SashaJoseph wrote:
Seen it in the flesh yesterday (see picture). Really classy paintjobs, especially chameleon and team edition. Looks almost as much of an aero bike as the Specialized Venge. Weighed the thru-axles as well: 25g front and 28g rear, not much to gain there thus. Have been told also that I may need to invest in a travel case in which you do not need to remove the bar.

When you say chameleon, is it the RC Pro or the RC20? The Pro is Purple/Green and 20 Black/Green

I want to know if the Pro appears to be Black from afar. I have no access to the new models in my area, this will be a blind buy almost entirely

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com