Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CruellaDerailleur

by CruellaDerailleur

BianchiDave wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:00 am
CruellaDerailleur wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:45 pm
So I've started to think about cutting my steerer tube and slamming the stem - no spacers other than the small mandatory one.

I want to test the position out beforehand. I have 35mm of spacers on at the moment. Do I need to do anything with the expansion plug? I'm not sure how tall it is and I'm concerned I'll be clamping the stem below it.

When the time comes to cut the steerer tube do I need to cut brake hoses and gear cables (RC 30 mechanical ultegra) or is there enough room in the handlebars and frame for them to be stuffed in? Can anyone who's done this share their experience? Thanks
Probably best to go easy with clamping force on steerer, but being only temporary I wouldn't worry about it.

I was able to cut my steerer by removing the stem with all cables in place (also mechanical). There should be enough slack to allow the stem clamp to slide off the top of the steerer. Only thing I had to do was undo the front brake calliper to give a bit more slack.

I didn't need to shorten any of the cables, and found there was room to stuff them back into the frame. I've just installed the SL cockpit which was 380mm versus the stock 420mm iC 1.5, and did have to shorten the cables this time.

Its best to 'keep' as much cable as you can for future maintenance, especially if you intend changing bar width or stem length.
Exactly the response I was looking for. Thanks for the tips :thumbup:

Runwithoneless

by Runwithoneless

GeoffS wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:05 am
BianchiDave wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:18 pm
So I'll soon be changing from the two piece IC to one piece IC SL cockpit, and just want to check with others who have made the switch (@GeoffS maybe?)
Hi Dave, sorry haven't been active on this thread much lately. I've installed IC SL bars three times (don't ask...). It isn't much fun, but a few hints.
- The Park routing tool is invaluable. Get one if you don't already.
- Tape the fork to the frame to prevent it moving around too much as you assemble things.
- Run the cables/hoses through the bars first. Trying to do this after they've been routed through the frame is just about impossible.
- After the hoses/cables have been routed through the bars, route some old hose/cables through the frame and then join them to the ends of the new hoses/cables exiting the bars. [On the hydraulic hoses, a nail up the inside and some strong thin tape around the outside does a good job of joining.] This makes it much easier to push the hoses/cables back through the frame as you try to get the bars seated onto the steerer.
- Grow an extra pair of hands. Failing that, a friend or loved one to help is a good substitute.

Good luck!
This is very helpful! What about the magnetic cap? Is the one that comes on the aluminum bars interchangable with the IC SL system? Or do you need a seperate cap? What about stem bolts are they the same? Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

Runwithoneless wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:22 pm
This is very helpful! What about the magnetic cap? Is the one that comes on the aluminum bars interchangable with the IC SL system? Or do you need a seperate cap? What about stem bolts are they the same? Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere!
The magnetic caps are different, as are the spacers. iC SL bars come with the stem bolts pre installed.

Runwithoneless

by Runwithoneless

BianchiDave wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:59 am
Runwithoneless wrote:
The magnetic caps are different, as are the spacers. iC SL bars come with the stem bolts pre installed.
Thanks! This is exactly what I needed!

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

Runwithoneless wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:58 am
BianchiDave wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:59 am
Runwithoneless wrote:
Thanks! This is exactly what I needed!
Meant to add, the headset cover is also specific to the type of stem fitted. This is moulded as per the spacers 👍

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

A few pics of mine, after fitting Creston iC SL bars. Reverse wrapped the bar tape for the extra clean look. Really happy with the result and bike has lost nearly 300g from the front end -

striderhnd

by striderhnd

Finally, my RC 15 arrived 2 weeks ago ...

This bike is a huge step up from my Tarmac SL4 ... cant wait to get the Creston IC SL and some PCW Dual Wheels
IMG_7746.jpeg

TLN

by TLN

BianchiDave wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:44 pm
Great bartape work! Is it double wrapped on the bottom or not?
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

TLN wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:29 am
Great bartape work! Is it double wrapped on the bottom or not?
Thanks. Its just a single wrap, but I normally wrap with quite close gaps as I like the extra comfort for our knackered roads. There was barely 2" of tape to cut off each end. Good thing about Supacaz is the pattern acts as a guide for getting a uniform wrap.

Reds

by Reds

Hello all,

I need some support for the installation of the combo Creston IC SL.
Currently I have a stem Syncros RR and handle bar (standard assembly), then I bought a combo Creston IC SL to other guys (unmount from new bike = second hand).

I unmount the existing assembly from my bike (stem + handlebar) and currently waiting new bearings and tool to adjust the hydraulic brake (shimano tool).
Meantime, I tried to mount the combo with parts outside of the bike. But the plastique cover is not adjust correctly to the combo. By using the metalic top cap of my stem with the combo, the plastique cover seems to be correctly adjust.

I found some information in page 112 of this thread, but not all.

Find some pictures:
Top cap.jpg
Assembly combo parts.jpg
Assembly combo parts with my top cap.jpg
My question is: Which one did you have with your stem + handlebar and which one did you receive with the Creston combo ?

Thanks for your support ;)

wilebreizhou

by wilebreizhou

You should keep the cap coming with your bike.
Last edited by wilebreizhou on Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

haze513

by haze513

I use the dished one on mine (your green), just checked.

My bars came with a few different options IIRC, I think the other one is to use with the round spacers above the stem for trying out bar height before cutting the steerer. It's been a while since I did mine though so I could be way off

edit: beaten to it!

Reds

by Reds

Thanks for your answers.

Only for my understanding, in case of I use the purple one (delivered with the combo) and spacers, due to fork steerer not reduce, we can't install the plastic cap, right ??

haze513

by haze513

Nope, not until it's cut

wheelie

by wheelie

Hi all!
Is there any aftermarket solutions for the full lenght ITT bars to fit Syncros Creston iC SL combo handlebar? The orginal SYNCROS Creston iC SL TT/TRI Clip On Bar seems too short for the long distances

2020 Cervelo Aspero Apex 1 Mid Olive/Dune ----> Burgundy/Dark Orange
2022 Scott Addict RC10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com