Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MrGB

by MrGB

jimmyt wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:47 pm
How much weight would I gain replacing the stem and handlebar? Anything to keep in mind (eg do all cables fit (Di2 Ultegra) when buying and installing?
I Safed 285 Gram Changing from IC 1.5 420/110 to IC SL 420/100.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wrx555

by wrx555

Hello

I am assembling a new bike addict rc.
I have a question
Is this part right?

https://www.bike24.com/p2145510.html

Thanks

Robi

Addict15

by Addict15

wrx555 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:01 pm
Is this part right?

https://www.bike24.com/p2145510.html
Yes, this is what they ship with the complete bikes, just jam it in the seatpost. Good luck!

wrx555

by wrx555

Thanks
27,2-28,6

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

Anyone have any issues with the finish quality of their frame? I've noticed a few depressions/dents (although I understand CF cannot dent, but rather breaks) around my frame - one on the seat tube and one on the down tube. The top section of both seat stays also seems to be rippled.

The bike has only been ridden less than half a dozen times, there have been no impacts to the frame whatsoever and the paint and clearcoat is completely intact.

A couple of photos (very difficlut to photograph) -

The 2nd photo makes it look like paint is broken - its not, just a trick of the light.

I've emailed the supplying dealer, and Scott UK's warranty dept to see what they say. I appreciate similar bumps can be caused by joins in the carbon lay up etc but these really do look like dents and in a certain light don't look great. In most lights they are pretty much invisible, which is probably why I never spotted them until now. I'm certain these are manufacturing defects.

Anyone have anything similar? I did have something like this on my first Scott Solace back in 2015, and the frame was replaced with no quibble.

GeoffS

by GeoffS

Is it only visual, or can you feel it with fingers?

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

GeoffS wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:33 am
Is it only visual, or can you feel it with fingers?
Not just visual, very obvious depressions when you run fingers over it

TheMalahat

by TheMalahat

I am in Canada so the experience may be very different - but my partner got hit by a truck on her Addict, so she got a "free" one via the insurer. It just took 13 months to arrive! So while not a warranty replacement, I wonder what the supply line for that looks like?

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

TheMalahat wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:11 am
I am in Canada so the experience may be very different - but my partner got hit by a truck on her Addict, so she got a "free" one via the insurer. It just took 13 months to arrive! So while not a warranty replacement, I wonder what the supply line for that looks like?
Yes that is a concern currently. If it is deemed only cosmetic, but they were to issue a warranty, I'd hopefully just be able to ride it for now, until a frame becomes available. Having said that, most manufacturers keep stock aside for warranty replacement but normally in limted colourways, so I may not be able to get a red one again if that was the case.... :(

jarm

by jarm

Have anyone used clip-on aerobar extensions with the integrated Creston IC handelbar? Is it even possible?

If not, what would be my best option for getting the same aero position? I would need it for the odd triathlon races I do. I don't want a separate triathlon / TT bike.

Thanks,
Joe

fanatic278

by fanatic278

Yes that is a concern currently. If it is deemed only cosmetic, but they were to issue a warranty, I'd hopefully just be able to ride it for now, until a frame becomes available. Having said that, most manufacturers keep stock aside for warranty replacement but normally in limted colourways, so I may not be able to get a red one again if that was the case.... :(
If it makes you feel better, I thought I'd bought the last green Scott Foil in Europe in my size. I had a warranty replacement a year later in the same colour. So I think there must be some truth to having a dedicated warranty stock. This was pre-Covid though, so things may have changed.
Using Tapatalk

pmprego

by pmprego

jarm wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:34 am
Have anyone used clip-on aerobar extensions with the integrated Creston IC handelbar? Is it even possible?

If not, what would be my best option for getting the same aero position? I would need it for the odd triathlon races I do. I don't want a separate triathlon / TT bike.

Thanks,
Joe
I don't see why not on the non-integrated handlebar.

jarm

by jarm

Sorry for not clarifying. I meant the integrated handlebar.

The non-integrated is easy, probably any standard round clip-on will work.
But the integrated handlebar would need some specific clip-ons.

ENVE, Giant etc have clip-on extensions for their aero bars.
https://www.enve.com/product/aero-clip-on-extensions
https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/conta ... handlebars

Konsi

by Konsi

jarm wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:29 am
Sorry for not clarifying. I meant the integrated handlebar.

The non-integrated is easy, probably any standard round clip-on will work.
But the integrated handlebar would need some specific clip-ons.

ENVE, Giant etc have clip-on extensions for their aero bars.
https://www.enve.com/product/aero-clip-on-extensions
https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/conta ... handlebars
There seems to be something coming this fall from Scott (looks like an adaptation of the Controltech Sirocco on the teaser photos)

pmprego

by pmprego

I once saw a video of a professional Ironman guy sponsored by scott and with an addict where they had to glue in the arm rests.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com