Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

billythestickboy

by billythestickboy

My hanger has been fine.

I've been meaning to buy a spare to pop in the saddle bag actually, in the past I've found they are easy enough to bend back in a vice but it's handy to be able to swap one quickly of it does bend, and it's a quick job to do if you do ever need to.

ritchieis

by ritchieis

Hi guys,

Anyone selling a Syncros RR IC stem in 100mm?

Recently had a bike fit and 110mm is a wee bit too stretched.

Have tried all online stockists and no joy! All sold out it would seem!!!

Thanks 🙏🏻

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jayjay

by jayjay

Quick queston:
What screw size do I need for the bottle cages?

nodivision

by nodivision

Tuslareb wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:03 am
To all Scott Addict RC owners: I'm seriously considering buying a Scott Addict RC as a replacement for my 2018 Giant TCR. However, in several reviews it is mentioned that the derailler hanger is quite weak and prone to bending. Can someone tell me if this is a problem in real life use? I do travel with my bike.

If so: are there any (third party) stronger alternatives for the derailler hanger?
The orignal ones had a slot cut in the middle and bent easy. Newer bikes should have the solid one, if not you can buy them here: https://r2-bike.com/SCOTT-Rear-Deraille ... -from-2020

Tuslareb

by Tuslareb

nodivision wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:55 pm
The orignal ones had a slot cut in the middle and bent easy. Newer bikes should have the solid one, if not you can buy them here: https://r2-bike.com/SCOTT-Rear-Deraille ... -from-2020
Ok, thanks for all the replies. :thumbup: I ordered the frame and hope the hanger will be fine. Now waiting for the new shimano stuff.

Diegasmus

by Diegasmus

2022 colour scheme...not my cup of tea

pmprego

by pmprego

Diegasmus wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:10 pm
2022 colour scheme...not my cup of tea
Live on Scott's website?

TLa

by TLa

The blue is nice:

Addict15

by Addict15

Have to agree, not as great colours as last year! I have ordered the RC 15 in Green and if I don't like it I'll swap the parts onto my 2021 RC 15 In black. Also saw it now ships with a carbon handlebar as standard (not IC SL).

Diegasmus

by Diegasmus

TLa wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:09 pm
The blue is nice:
Must agree, is the only one I like from 2022...I aslo like my 2021 RC 20 in blue hahah

pmprego

by pmprego

The addict was already a rather long bike. With 12spd di2 wow

striderhnd

by striderhnd

Today I ordered the new RC15 so excited to get my hand on that bike!

RustyCyclist

by RustyCyclist

I have a question regarding the mounting of the rear disc brake calliper. Last year I built my bike on a Addict RC Pro 2020 frameset. I have followed all mounting instructions and never exceeded the recommended 5 Nm torque on the calliper bolts. Some time ago I noticed a crack near one of the bolts on the rear calliper.
scott-addict-rc-pro_frame-damage_2.jpg
Problem was solved by Scott very nicely by sending me a new frameset. So now I am facing the mounting again and hoping it will not happen again (side note: on the new frame the max torque is now specified as 6 Nm). My question is regarding the bolts and in particular the washer. I have used the standard shimano bolt and washer as shown in the below picture.
shimano-br-rs505-caliper-fixing-bolt-type-c-20mm-1.jpg
I was wondering what Scott is using on the Addicts: is it the same type of bolt and washer? Or do they use a different type of bolt/washer? I was hoping someone here could help me with this question.

Addict15

by Addict15

RustyCyclist wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:54 am
shimano-br-rs505-caliper-fixing-bolt-type-c-20mm-1.jpg

I was wondering what Scott is using on the Addicts: is it the same type of bolt and washer? Or do they use a different type of bolt/washer? I was hoping someone here could help me with this question.
Out of the factory the rear comes set up as a 160, so it uses that exact bolt with the small washers in between the bolt and the frame. I have mine as 140 so I use those bolts straight on the frame, no isues at all. Just be carefull with tightening and maybe have your torque wrench checked.
Attachments
Shimano-Mount-Adaptor-Flat-to-Flat-Road-Internal-Black-NotSet-SMMAR160DD.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RustyCyclist

by RustyCyclist

Ok, good to hear. Thanks! Forgot to mention, but also have it with the 160 mm rotor installed. So indeed with that adapter plate in between.

Yes, having the torque wrench checked is also something I considered. Good point.