Scott Addict Disc 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

captainolek

by captainolek

I'm looking for a 0mm or 5mm offset seatpost for my Addict RC Pro in case someone has one on their hands. The second hand market for these things seems to be limited.

dannywin42

by dannywin42

SiGNAL wrote:
PXL_20210430_090526497.jpg
PXL_20210430_090542414.jpg
PXL_20210430_090656871.jpg
Happy snaps of my custom addict rc, currently weighing at 7.34kg with pedals,mounts and cages with the 60mm wheels

Have ordered and awaiting delivery of 45mm wheels and hoping to get it under 7kg
The grease marks on the frame would drive me potty. Also not sure why so weight obsessed with 2kg of cameras fitted to bike haha

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SiGNAL

by SiGNAL

Gunter73 wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 7:33 am
Nice build and bike!
Happy with the Cermaicspeed pulley ?
(also consider this)
Thanks mate! It "feels" abit smoother but not sure if it's from the pulley or BB
dannywin42 wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 6:44 pm
The grease marks on the frame would drive me potty. Also not sure why so weight obsessed with 2kg of cameras fitted to bike haha

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk
haha not really weight obsessed as u can see i'm not using full carbon saddle and the bike has original bolts throughout

Can't put a price on safety i guess, u dont really need a helmet until u need a helmet :D

Mikkelk

by Mikkelk

Thanks, ordered and installed !

Followup question - I got some play in the headset, what is the torque for the bolt on the left side? Scott are truely bad at posting manuals it seems, been searching the world wide web past hour without luck !

Marvinman wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:04 pm
Below is the reply I had from Scott on the seatpost screw for my 2020 frame:

'Good Afternoon
Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your Addict RC seat clamp.

The Spec of the grub screw is M6 x 0.75mm thread pitch with a flat head.

We have managed to find a replacement grub screw for you which we will send out to the address in your signature, we have also attached the instructions of how to set this clamp up.

Kind Regards
Your Scott Sports Team'

I also bought some from these guys below in the UK but never had to try them out because Scott found me a replacement. You could give them a try they were very helpful on the phone.

https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/

Addict15

by Addict15

https://celum.ssg-service.com/smartView ... nuals-bike
You can look up Scott manuals here, it's still not really clear on the torque spec for the side bolt but 6 nm seems reasonable. Also do that bolt first or the top cover may not fit nicely.

GeoffS

by GeoffS

Mikkelk wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 6:25 pm
what is the torque for the bolt on the left side? Scott are truely bad at posting manuals it seems, been searching the world wide web past hour without luck !
Yeah manuals are find to find. They're wrong anyway. Manual says 6 Nm, but the stem itself has a marking of 5 Nm.
Attachments
IMG_3421.JPG

pmprego

by pmprego

GeoffS wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 9:59 am
Mikkelk wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 6:25 pm
what is the torque for the bolt on the left side? Scott are truely bad at posting manuals it seems, been searching the world wide web past hour without luck !
Yeah manuals are find to find. They're wrong anyway. Manual says 6 Nm, but the stem itself has a marking of 5 Nm.
Awesome... Scott really makes an effort to make people go to their supported bike shops. :|

AnnaK

by AnnaK

Does anybody know the setback of the standard seatpost of the Scott Addict RC (2021, size XS)? I mean I do have the bike, but I don't know how to measure the setback precisely. Just want to know how much I would gain by e.g. buying a 5mm setback seatpost vs. the current standard one.

Addict15

by Addict15

The standard setback on size XXS to M is 5 mm and 20 mm for size L to 2XL. So yours should be a 5 mm offset, it's printed on the bottom of the seatpost as well if you want to be sure. There is a 0 offset seatpost available as well, but that's a pretty expensive way to move your saddle 5 mm forward

AnnaK

by AnnaK

Addict15 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 7:53 pm
The standard setback on size XXS to M is 5 mm and 20 mm for size L to 2XL. So yours should be a 5 mm offset, it's printed on the bottom of the seatpost as well if you want to be sure. There is a 0 offset seatpost available as well, but that's a pretty expensive way to move your saddle 5 mm forward
Many thanks for the info. I'd pay a lot to have my saddle in the right place ;) . (It's already as much forward as possible.)

ISAYO

by ISAYO

Hello,

I have Scott addict RC30 disc. I am looking for stem or stem and bars combo that would allow to go lower than +6 degrees. I was looking at deda dcr stem. Has anyone tried it? Are there any more options not from carbon handlebars side?

Thanks

ELD

by ELD

ISAYO wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:11 am
Hello,

I have Scott addict RC30 disc. I am looking for stem or stem and bars combo that would allow to go lower than +6 degrees. I was looking at deda dcr stem. Has anyone tried it? Are there any more options not from carbon handlebars side?

Thanks

https://www.wheelsfar.com/f1-handlebar-p0096.html

-10 degree angle.

BianchiDave

by BianchiDave

Finally got my RC out today for 100k ride. Have to say first impressions are excellent - feels really nice and direct for climbing and the geometry seems much better than my Foil Premium (which is a 52s and probably a little on the small side for me). For rides with lots of climbing this year I've tended to favout my previous gen Emonda for that very reason.

Think I've got it pretty much bang on for fit which is unusal for a 1st ride. I did think I'd have to change the bars and stem for the Creston ic sl but the only reason to do that now would be to save weight, this being WW the consensus would no doubt be to change :lol:

Weight wise it 7.75kg out of the box, excluding pedals but with the stock heavy aluminium wheels and Schwalbe tyres. So far I've changed the wheels, saddle and cranks and its about 7.4kg, with pedals.

I have a set of Roval Rapides to go on (waiting on the replacement ratchet from DT Swiss prior to use) which are lighter than the 38mm wheels I've pit on temporarily.

I guess a change to ic sl bars would see it just under 7kg but I'll live with the alloy bars for a while I think. Pic from this morning's spin. Not a bike vault image! (still need to cut steerer) -

MrGB

by MrGB

I Changed my Syncros RR Stem / Bar for the Syncros Creston IC SL 420/100mm.

Now my Wahoo Bolt needs a new Holder, so i 3D Printed one.
image00.jpg
image11.jpg
image22.jpg
image33.jpg
First Ride Approved :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GeoffS

by GeoffS

Nice!