Removing bike grease from your bike clothing?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Marin

by Marin

*Butter*. The fat will dissolve the grease and then you can wash it out.

If you put it in the washer just like that the stain will become permanent.

PrimO

by PrimO

DeSolvit spray is excellent. I have a flou yellow Gabba and on my very first time wearing it, I had some problem with my front derailleur where the chain dropped off the small ring 3 or 4 times during a 50km spin. I ended up with oil all over my hands which inevitably got on the jersey. I had it in my mind that it was destroyed and only fit for the bin or maybe use while on the MTB but my wife sprayed all the oil stains in desolvit and let it soak in and then put the jersey in the washing machine on its own on a 40 degree wash and voila...it came out absolutely pristine, i couldnt find any signs of the oil stains afterwards!

Its hard to get but i bought 5 bottles of it on amazon so as never to run out of it again.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

PrimO wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:18 pm
DeSolvit spray is excellent. I have a flou yellow Gabba and on my very first time wearing it, I had some problem with my front derailleur where the chain dropped off the small ring 3 or 4 times during a 50km spin. I ended up with oil all over my hands which inevitably got on the jersey. I had it in my mind that it was destroyed and only fit for the bin or maybe use while on the MTB but my wife sprayed all the oil stains in desolvit and let it soak in and then put the jersey in the washing machine on its own on a 40 degree wash and voila...it came out absolutely pristine, i couldnt find any signs of the oil stains afterwards!

Its hard to get but i bought 5 bottles of it on amazon so as never to run out of it again.
I just looked for the DeSolvit spray and they are many different types.

Which one do you use?

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

always bring a pair of disposable glove

Italia

by Italia

RocketRacing wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:22 am
Is it a lost cause? Is there a trick to removing it? I have had some neon items ruined by it, and even acetone would not touch it.

Tips? What works?
DAWN soap! It's been effectively used and saved the lives of thousand of birds that were caught in oil slicks and it works on bike grease!

https://dawn-dish.com/en-us/how-to-clea ... om-laundry

As a disclaimer I do not work for or own shares in the above company. I am however a very happy consumer : )