Road short cage RD with a 9-46t cassette!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

andreszucs wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:11 pm
But that’s the debate, does it feel worse? I don’t ‘feel’ my shifting worse because of a different chain wrap...I’m free to play just fine.
It's hard to tell without baseline to compare against, but I can always CNC another hanger with slightly different position to see for myself.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

Klaster_1 wrote: It's hard to tell without baseline to compare against, but I can always CNC another hanger with slightly different position to see for myself.
I’m going to guess that your bike shift’s just fine since mine ‘looks’ even worse...but still ‘feels’ just fine to me. I would only spend time making custom hangers if the problem was bad enough to make me swear during my rides.

In fact, Bauke Mollema was swearing the other day over a etap RD...pro level! ....so don’t come telling me that my setup is bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Marin

by Marin

andreszucs wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:11 pm
But that’s the debate, does it feel worse? I don’t ‘feel’ my shifting worse because of a different chain wrap...I’m free to play just fine.
Low chain wrap does feel worse when the chains skips on a worn cassette in the 2 smallest cogs - which it did for me with a Type 2 derailleur.

Probably no difference on a new cassette.