Deda Alanera DCR 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

skidrrr

by skidrrr

When I was riding back to hotel after Giro stage I noticed Deda car in the caravan. I'm Dedacciai fan by the way. Suprisingly they noticed me too and thumbed up my Deda Ran RS bike. That was so cooooool to see their representants there and have a brief chat with them.

Long story short the new Deda Alanera handlebar is comming this September. All I know is that it will support mechanical campy and it's better than the previos one.

P.S. Yeah they also gave me two Deda's cycling hats as a present :)
Last edited by skidrrr on Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skidrrr

by skidrrr

It seems like new Alanera DCR will be ananounced at eurobike. It is listed as 2020 version not 2019 as I though initially.
Here are some photos from their website
The new color scheme is noticeable darker

Internal routing support for disk-brake frames

Campy EPS unit mount

But nothing about weight or price yet.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

skidrrr

by skidrrr

DCR stands for Deda internal cable routing and there is also VINCI handle bar + stem combo that supports it

corky

by corky

Nice...thanks

refthimos

by refthimos

Oh boy, will need to see the specs but this looks like a strong contender for my EVO3 coming any day now.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

zinedrei

by zinedrei

will it work with any internally routed disc frame?
does it need any special headset or the stock one will do?

hopefully this will be ok with a Colnago Evo since I want a cleaner look although my mechanic will hate me more :D

refthimos

by refthimos

Our gracious hosts here at starbike.com expect this bar sometime later this month (October) or next month (November). For me, this is the current favorite to replace the Knot cockpit on my in-process EVO3 build.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
S5 Disc
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

muti

by muti

I don't think that you can use them on the SS evo3 and achieve full integration of the cables.Both DCR by Deda and ACR by FSA use 11/2 upper bearing on a 11/8 upper steerer.This allows them to use a thicker compression ring,through which the cables pass.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

muti wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:04 am
I don't think that you can use them on the SS evo3 and achieve full integration of the cables.Both DCR by Deda and ACR by FSA use 11/2 upper bearing on a 11/8 upper steerer.This allows them to use a thicker compression ring,through which the cables pass.
You can but not as cleanly nor fully integrated. You would use the Evo's headset obviously and either the Evo's top cap for standard, non-KNØT stems or a classic top cap... so the hoses would go from the stem's opening very close to the steerer to the cap or frame's opening. If you slam it, you would not see much hose but hopefully the holes line-up (or close to it) so the hoses don't need a big kink to enter in front of the headset top cap, could be made worse the lower you set the bars.

The stem wouldn't flow into the frame as nicely unless you can 3D print a custom headset cover or maybe machine the Deda's spacers to blend in the frame a little more but the good thing is that you would avoid the PITA of routing through headset bearings.

I like the look of the Alanera, boxy, modern, clean, the DCR is even better with the more subtle graphics... but boy is it expensive and personally, too limited in sizes.

refthimos

by refthimos

Yes, this is what I am thinking as well. Using anything other than the KNOT spacers and stem means that things will not be as clean from top of headtube to stem, but I think that shaving the top-most KNOT spacer to an angle that matches the angle of the underside of the Alanera "stem" will get me pretty close.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
S5 Disc
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

Discodan

by Discodan

I'm waiting for my Supersix to arrive but got some spare spacers from the dealer to work on this integration problem whilst waiting. I'm using an integrated bar/stem that has a duct for the cables the pops them out just above the cable duct in the frame (similar to a canyon integrated cockpit) so that's a good start, it's just a case of getting the cables gracefully across the 10-20mm gap to the hole in the spacers.

The problem I've found, which is suspect will foil your plans of shaping the top spacer to merge into the stem, is that the spacers are quite wide (see link below) in that they add pretty close to 10mm width to each side. It means the spacer protrudes from the side of the stem when you look from above so you can't use the normal spacer and shape it in. I think I'm going to go with the top curved gap which will narrow in the spacers and then live with the length of exposed cable between the stem and the hole in that top spacer. I'm estimating it will only be 10mm. I had a look at making up a 3d printed spacer to join the two pieces but it was beyond my current modelling skilss

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Cannon ... -2019/L0QB

refthimos

by refthimos

I think I'm probably just going to end up getting the Alanera and having my LBS mechanic (and good friend), who does all the work on my bikes, bodge it as best he can. In an ideal world with 3D printing expertise, I am thinking what would make it work and look pretty good would be to use (1) the KNOT lower spacer on the bike - ie, right above the headtube (perfect fit for frame & spacer), (2) the Alanera spacer(s) under the stem (perfect fit for stem & spacer), and (3) then 3D print a single spacer that transitions from the Knot profile to the Alanera profile. It would be admittedly a pretty niche market but if someone like RaceWare were able to offer this single spacer as a "conversion kit" of sorts I would be willing to pay for it!

Now that I think about it, if you are looking to minimize spacers, you could skip step #2 (the stock Alanera spacer), and just have the single Knot spacer at the bottom with your "conversion kit" spacer on top of that, since the top of that spacer would be the same profile as the stock Alanera spacer and this would be enough to complete the transition between the frame and stem.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
S5 Disc
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

g32ecs

by g32ecs

These integrated stuff are stoooooooper expensive. Like iPhone expensive.

Then like what Dan said you have to do a ton re-jigging to make it work. You might as well get the house brand your bike makes.

But also, this is one of the cleanest shapes I've seen. Very nice. I think this and the Vision Metron are the best looking ones.

refthimos

by refthimos

Bike with integrated cockpits definitely come with a price, but only if you want to swap the cockpit. I think 95% of SystemSix and EVO3 riders are going to be just fine with the Knot cockpit - after all, it integrates very well with the bike and IMHO offers a nice shape and function.

It is super heavy though, and some will want a different shape, so that's your 5%.

If you're in that 5%, you're going to have to accept some compromises in order to swap the cockpit. For some it will be NBD, for others a non-starter.

As long as you are OK sticking with the Knot components, you can easily swap out bars and stem to achieve your specific fit. This isn't the case with other bikes that use integrated bar stem. On the other hand, once you get the right size, the integrated bar stem is going to look great AND not be a boat anchor.

So there is no easy answer. BUT once you get an integrated setup dialed in, it looks awesome and it then seems almost barbaric to have cables sprouting from your bars, looping through the air and then making their way into your frame.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
S5 Disc
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

kgt

by kgt

IMO the knot combo is so heavy and looks so ugly that any real weightweenie would have an itch to replace it immediately with something better.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com