Deda Alanera DCR 2020

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

easyv

by easyv

ccie6872 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:10 pm
Do they measure outsid to outside on the top of bar (where the hoods go) or on the drops (like Most)?
Deda measures outside to outside at the drops.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stueys

by Stueys

Damn, i hoped the Deda stuff would be a neat integration on the Evo. Anyone fitted and can post a picture so we can visualise how far out the spacers are from a perfect fit?

PrivateAddress

by PrivateAddress

So this is weird.... I am building up a 2020 HM SystemSix Team Replica frameset and I want to use a Deda Vinci stem and handlebar. Deda specifically makes an adapter to use this combo on Cannondale SystemSix and SuperSix EVO (Deda part HDVCNTCCANN, 8052783487662 -- see pic 1). After several weeks of emailing directly with Deda in Italy and a US distributor, I finally received what was supposed to be this part. Deda had told me that is serving as a headset cover (thus loading the compression ring in the headset) and that it can be used either by itself (only part between headtube and stem) or with standard Cannondale spacers underneath. They added that there is no need to use the Vinci top spacer when using this adapter on SystemSix.

So now I have this part but it doesn't even come close to being a decent fit for the SystemSix. First, the diameter of the steerer opening is way bigger than the SystemSix steerer and the standar SystemSix headset cover and spacers (pic 2; left is original, right is the custom Deda part). Second, the overall shape isn't correct either as the Deda part is shorter and rounder in the front, so it does not cover the SystemSix cable tunnel and its cable opening is right on top of the SystemSix headset bearings (pics 3 and 4). It very clearly does not fit on a Cannondale spacer (pics 5 and 6).

This HAS GOT TO BE the wrong part to be specifically an adapter for the SystemSix, no? Someone at Deda just 3-d printed the wrong item? (part number on the little plastic bag matches that in pic 1 though....)

Deda part
image002.png
Cannondale headset cover (left) vs Deda part (right)
IMG_20201230_1707496.jpg
Deda part shorter and more round
IMG_20201230_1709142.jpg
IMG_20201230_1709209.jpg
Deda part on Cannondale spacer
IMG_20201230_1710202.jpg
IMG_20201230_1711187.jpg

engsohere

by engsohere

Davidedadedadi wrote:i recently bought and installed the deda vinci and i must say that i'm quite disappointed.
Paint is way too delicate and the overall look doesn't feel that premium i would have expected.
Can't say about other brands but the fit & finish is on par with 3T superleggera. The only thing is the weight is heavier than claimed.

Deda 42cm(outside-to-outside) will be narrower than other brands 40cm measured center-to-center.

Personally, I would go with vinci over alanera as you have more configuration options for less than half the cost.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my A574BL using Tapatalk

Guevarca

by Guevarca

Interesting that there is also now a classic Shallow version of the Vinci bar, just a shame that the stem is such a weighty piece!

onemanpeloton

by onemanpeloton

really like the look and execution of the Vincis but that stem weight.......
2020 Trek Boone
2017 Merida Reacto
2017 Trek Superfly AL

fogman

by fogman

Does anyone know the stack height of the Alanera stem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

engsohere wrote:
Davidedadedadi wrote:i recently bought and installed the deda vinci and i must say that i'm quite disappointed.
Paint is way too delicate and the overall look doesn't feel that premium i would have expected.
Can't say about other brands but the fit & finish is on par with 3T superleggera. The only thing is the weight is heavier than claimed.

Deda 42cm(outside-to-outside) will be narrower than other brands 40cm measured center-to-center.

Personally, I would go with vinci over alanera as you have more configuration options for less than half the cost.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

260g for a stem..?!?!? lol

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Looks like the one piece got an update on Pog's bike lopping off some weight.
Just ride ..

milanv

by milanv

Any news about Alanera 2022? Changes, made better cabel guiding, etc.?

dmbiscuit

by dmbiscuit

Does anyone know the effective stem angle of the Alanera? I have one setup on my Tarmac SL7 and love it, but am trying to populate my geometry spreadsheet to see what my exact fit numbers are coming out to but can't find this detail anywhere. I've maybe seen it is 8deg but would like confirmation.

dmbiscuit

by dmbiscuit

milanv wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:32 am
Any news about Alanera 2022? Changes, made better cabel guiding, etc.?
I didn't realize they were releasing an update! Any links to images of the new bars?

milanv

by milanv

So, my Deda Alaneras are at home, I will install them next week.
As I don't have any information about possible changes and new MY 2022, I have bought them. MY 2020 is only one produced at the moment.
Any LBS have mentioned MY 2022, but it is not correct, it doesn't exist.
dmbiscuit wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:11 am
Does anyone know the effective stem angle of the Alanera? I have one setup on my Tarmac SL7 and love it, but am trying to populate my geometry spreadsheet to see what my exact fit numbers are coming out to but can't find this detail anywhere. I've maybe seen it is 8deg but would like confirmation.
Yes, -8 deg.

milanv

by milanv

After fitting I have found that I need 2 more spacers HDALADCRTS + HDALADCRS10 and I can not buy
them in any eshop across EU.
:noidea:

engsohere

by engsohere

Try these places, worst case scenario buy another Vinci stem, keep the spacer(s) you need and sell the remaining on ebay.

ImageImage

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com