Etap AXS Crank Compatibility

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

HillClimbTom

by HillClimbTom

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere before. I’m just wondering if anyone knows about any compatibility issues if I tried to used the new AXS arms with an older type dZero Quarq spider? Thank in advance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

They shapes aren’t quite the same and you may have to file away some material.

HillClimbTom

by HillClimbTom

Which shapes are different THY? Where the 8 bolts are? Have you tried to do what I’m asking about yourself? Cheers

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

where do you find the 12 speed chainrings for the quarq?

HillClimbTom

by HillClimbTom

ChiZ01 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:13 pm
where do you find the 12 speed chainrings for the quarq?
I’m not wanting to use 12 speed. I’m sticking with 11 speed but want to use the new DUB axle in a BB86 frame. I would use the 11 speed Quarq with a GXP axle but you can’t find them anywhere for sensible money.

jlok

by jlok

HillClimbTom wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:57 pm
Which shapes are different THY? Where the 8 bolts are? Have you tried to do what I’m asking about yourself? Cheers
It has been done and posted somewhere in this forum. The DS crank near the spindle needs some filing to fit the spider.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

jlok wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:41 pm
HillClimbTom wrote:
It has been done and posted somewhere in this forum. The DS crank near the spindle needs some filing to fit the spider.
Wasn't that the other way around? With GXP crank arms fitted to a set of Red 2x12 chanrings.

yinzerniner

by yinzerniner

MayhemSWE wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:29 pm
jlok wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:41 pm
HillClimbTom wrote:
Wasn't that the other way around? With GXP crank arms fitted to a set of Red 2x12 chanrings.
Yeah that was shown in another thread - they wanted to keep their existing crankarms and and use it with the direct-mount AXS chainrings with the integrated Quarq.

To the OP in this thread - the new DUB Crankarms should fit just on an existing 8 bolt Quarq unit. But don't see how doing that will be less money than just purchasing a GXP crankarm set or a new whole GXP Quarq unit and selling the older one.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com