Deda Superleggero stem on alu bar? Not suitable?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Nejmann

by Nejmann

Hey guys.

I guys im moving from enve to deda on my colnago.

I just installed the Deda zero 100 shallow on my enve stem and everything works great, but I want to go full deda.

On their website they say the Superleggero and Superleggero RS (the two i like) is for carbon handlebar only. Anyone tried to install them on their alu bars? Would just be on the safe side before i order them.

Thanks! :thumbup:

alanyu

by alanyu

I have not tried Superleggero on an alu bar, but one in the club uses alu bar with superleggero. He does not race, just riding for fun. However, personally, I don't recommend Superleggero, because it's not stiff enough. Mine is 110mm and now it's lying in the box.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Guevarca

by Guevarca

I have no issues running a Superleggero stem (140mm) with my Zero 100 Shallow bars, I just wish there was a lighter bar option in the classic Shallow shape

Valy

by Valy

Would be ingesting to see what the logic behind a stem being suitable only for carbon bars is. Or is it a recommendation?

Nejmann

by Nejmann

Valy wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:39 pm
Would be ingesting to see what the logic behind a stem being suitable only for carbon bars is. Or is it a recommendation?
Dunno. It says so on their website.

Dave39

by Dave39

It definitely works fine with alloy bars. I'm a violent rider and i've been using mine for 9 months holding Deda RHM02 (entry level Deda alloy handlebars that actually weigh about 50g more than the Zero100's). I think Deda just worded the description on their site in hope you will also buy the expensive carbon superleggera bars.

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

I've been using my Deda Superleggera stem with Fizik alloy bars for over 12 months with zero issues.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Nejmann wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:01 am
Hey guys.

I guys im moving from enve to deda on my colnago.

I just installed the Deda zero 100 shallow on my enve stem and everything works great, but I want to go full deda.

On their website they say the Superleggero and Superleggero RS (the two i like) is for carbon handlebar only. Anyone tried to install them on their alu bars? Would just be on the safe side before i order them.

Thanks! :thumbup:
I use RS on my gravel bike with alu bars. The bar is a Salsa alu and it works like intended with any stem
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com