Factor O2 VAM

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

octave

by octave

updated O2 from Factor. almost grabbed an O2 on closeout a couple weekd ago but figured an update had to be coming soon. sure enough:

https://cyclingtips.com/2019/06/factor- ... et-review/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mvnsnd

by mvnsnd

I would have no issues riding the standard O2 :wink: I's a dream bike for me, and I should have grabbed one on closeout before my size dissapeared.

Although the specs are interesting, I'd like to hear how the VAM really rides.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

Personally, I'm excited about what I hope this accomplishment from Factor means for future models from the big brands. If companies like Specialized, Trek, or Cervelo take their existing "climbing" disc bike, apply more aerodynamic refinement (or some in the case of Trek), drop a bunch of grams, add compliance, and increase tire size to 30mm (Trek and Specialized are already there), I'd potentially get one.
Last edited by VTR1000SP2 on Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

octave

by octave

i am def still tempted to grab an 02 on closeout.

but the direct mount brakes on the new VAM model really would be nice.

that being said, the article says the VAM is a bit firm on rough roads, skittery on broken tarmac, etc....

curious to know more though!

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Just bought one (the now “old” O2 disc) from the UK on close out. Worked out at 2700€ Which including ceramic speed bottom bracket, integrated bars, seatpost and (I think!) bar tape I’m pretty happy with. Will even put up with the “one more lap” Miller colourscheme for that price

bilwit

by bilwit

Looks awesome, glad they kept the classy look of the O2. Shame these things aren't represented in the World Tour anymore.

Djakninn

by Djakninn

Leviathan wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:26 pm
Just bought one (the now “old” O2 disc) from the UK on close out. Worked out at 2700€ Which including ceramic speed bottom bracket, integrated bars, seatpost and (I think!) bar tape I’m pretty happy with. Will even put up with the “one more lap” Miller colourscheme for that price
I picked up the same frameset. What weight is your frame coming in at? Mine is a bit heavier than expected at approx. 940g for a 52cm, but i'm wondering if it is down to the paint job on it or if my scales are off, although, forks and all the other lighter bits seem to be similar to what I've seen???

Leviathan

by Leviathan

I only purchased it yesterday (Hargroves) so I think itll be a week or so before I get it, I will weight it but mines a disc one and given the overall porkyness of disc brake setups Im not too bothered if its 1000g for a 56...This one with the multiple paint layers was bound to be more, mind.

Djakninn

by Djakninn

It was the disc version i bought too. It's really nicely finished off and like you, not my 1st choice of paint, but at the price i got it, i'm not complaining.
Finally got confirmation of my wheels are being sent out, so hopefully get it finished now.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

My VAM is suppose to be with me in 1-2 weeks. I'll make sure to put it on the scale before building.

octave

by octave

madcow wrote:My VAM is suppose to be with me in 1-2 weeks. I'll make sure to put it on the scale before building.
please do-- along with the size!

not to open a can of worms, but i wish they had gone away from BBRight...

robeambro

by robeambro

Some details quite remind me of the current Canyon Ultimate. It might not be outrageously priced, provided they don't go for the same nominal price across all currencies (US$4,799 = 4,799 GBP). The stem looks quite fat from the side, surprised that it doesn't allow ICR. The integrated cockpit might be a turn-off for some though.

kode54

by kode54

Jason, I would be interested in your build and weights.

Did you go with the rim or disc version?
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

boadajoan

by boadajoan

madcow wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:21 pm
My VAM is suppose to be with me in 1-2 weeks. I'll make sure to put it on the scale before building.
Disc or Rim?

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

For that price of 02, i would also go for 02. FWB Jason ofcourse pay much less than a normal end consumer
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com