ProBikeKit delivery delay, what are my options?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
TonyM

by TonyM

ipenguinking wrote:CRC=Chain Reaction Cycles
Thanks!!

Really a bad experience! Good to know!

hannawald

by hannawald

Well, ProBikeKit is more resistant, when i mentioned contacting my credit card company, nothing changed. So i did, we will see. Another week gone and no change in tracking, no message from them.

by Weenie

blutto

by blutto

Don't mean to be kicking a dead horse but I've been experiencing that special joy of Probikekit delivery issues as well. My order has been in the processing stage for over a week now, and this on parts that were purportedly in stock. That being said Probikefit isn't the only online store which engages in, uhh, questionable practises.

My current fave "sleazy" money making move by an online store is one pulled off by Wiggle. A while ago went shopping for some new wheels and settled on some Bora's from Wiggle, The price was nice but not really special and the delivery time was ok but then came the punch line, Wiggle does not include the brake pads, manual, or valve extenders that were part and parcel of the wheel kit Campagnolo had at the time. Did some checking and other online stores did include those bits while Wiggle seemed the notable exception. So thinking this was something of weird one-off ( like getting parts in OEM bags vs official packaging ) contacted Camagnolo and sure enough those bits were supposed to part of the Bora wheel kit .

So after several e-mail exchanges with Wiggle, Campagnolo in Britain, and Campagnolo in Italy nothing much happened save lots of hot air....so had to procure said brake pads and valve extenders on my dime. Anyways, while this is a relativelly small matter, the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth but I did come away knowing exactly what Wiggle values their reputation at, namely the cost of some brake pads and valve extenders which basically amounts to virtually nothing....in retrospect I suppose I should be somewhat grateful they included the quick releases and the wheel bags.

Edit: writing this thread put a wee tickle in my brain and I ended up checking my skewers, you know, just to be certain....and to my relief they looked like genuine Campy....I guess the good folks at Weasels, errr, Wiggle hadn't yet sharpened their pencils to the finest point possible, which is a surprise cause Campy skewers are a fair bit of coin and prime for the picking ( like as long as you are already in the wheel bags taking the other bits why not just go all in and snag the skewers too ).

blutto

by blutto

Was discussing this issue with a friend and he, having gone thru similar problems, dropped this bit of info on me ( which may explain the problems folks here have had with CRC ).
Wiggle is a leading European online sports retailer, selling cycle, run, swim and outdoor equipment and apparel. It is based in Portsmouth, England. The company forms part of the WiggleCRC group, which also includes Chain Reaction Cycles. Wikipedia
Headquarters: Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Number of employees: 900
Founded: 1999
Area served: World
Subsidiaries: Chain Reaction Cycles, Bike24 GmbH, Vitus
Parent organization: Bridgepoint Capital Group Ltd
FYI Bridgepoint is a ‎€18 billion (£16 billion) company that owns a myriad of companies, and highy likely to function in a way that does everything it can " to maximize shareholder value", and part of that business model generally tends toward operating in a customer be damned manner ( read, this isn't a bike-centric company run by cycling enthusiasts as the promo on the site would lead you to believe, in fact its anything but... ).

Btw said friend suggested Merlin and Evans as companies that do a great job delivering swag in a reasonable time frame....and have good selection...and good prices. So maybe there still are business models that don't go out of their way to nickle and dime the customer and operate successfully.

Pity because have been using PBK and CRC for decades with nary a problem....and now its pearshaped on so many levels.
Last edited by blutto on Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JerryLook

by JerryLook

I’ve been using Merlin for a couple of years, and they are a solid company to buy from. The prices are good and they answer questions I have quickly.
I buy all my tires from them now.
2010 Orbea Opal 54cm
5.97kg

tarmackev

by tarmackev

+1 here for Merlin
I had my first Issues with Wiggle about 15 years ago when buying a Litespeed Sienna. Ended up cancelling and getting refunded.
I'm sure with the sheer volume that all online sellers do these days that you'll be able to find a myriad of complaints about any though.

blutto

by blutto

Sure, but there is a world of difference btwn one-off issues and systematic problems that are actually part of an established operating protocol/system and will never change no matter how many appeals to reason or some sense of fair play.

gwilson

by gwilson

Yesterday I bought a jersey from probikekit. A day later (and after charging me) they email to say they don't even have the jersey. Was my first order from them, and it'll be my last it appears

audioblazer

by audioblazer

My main online purchased used to be with probikekit . Never have any issue . Another good company to purchase online is Merlin & sigmasport

hannawald

by hannawald

So in the end my credit card company helped me to get my money back today. To summarize that, I ordered from Probikekit on 27/5 with extra fast shipping, they took my money (more than 600 GBP) and send me an email with claimed delivery date 28/5 to 29/5. This is where it ended. No progress in tracking since then.. They refused to refund me that they need to investigate the potential loss with their courier company..even after a month they refused to help me..I had to contact my credit card company, who contacted Probikekit. They had 30 days to deal with them (Visa rules, Mastercard has 90 days I believe..) but after no communication my credit card company returned me the money today, 26/7. Never ever I buy anything from them again..

TonyM

by TonyM

hannawald wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:20 am
So in the end my credit card company helped me to get my money back today. To summarize that, I ordered from Probikekit on 27/5 with extra fast shipping, they took my money (more than 600 GBP) and send me an email with claimed delivery date 28/5 to 29/5. This is where it ended. No progress in tracking since then.. They refused to refund me that they need to investigate the potential loss with their courier company..even after a month they refused to help me..I had to contact my credit card company, who contacted Probikekit. They had 30 days to deal with them (Visa rules, Mastercard has 90 days I believe..) but after no communication my credit card company returned me the money today, 26/7. Never ever I buy anything from them again..
Thanks for the feedback! Good to know!
And happy end for you! :thumbup:

scb

by scb

audioblazer wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:14 am
My main online purchased used to be with probikekit . Never have any issue . Another good company to purchase online is Merlin & sigmasport
+1 on Sigmasport and Merlin. Have had great experiences with both. Recently ordered BB from Sigma and had it delivered on 3rd day, and I was shipping across the pond.

robertbb

by robertbb

I've bought thousands of dollars worth of stuff from them over the years, mostly Campy stuff.

Recently had some issues on smaller items (stock wasn't accurately described and I was sent the wrong thing) and found their support lacking. Always got a good outcome in the end but had to bug them incessantly.

I won't be buying from them anymore.

mag

by mag

I think it was in winter 2017-18 when I ordered some clothing from PBK and ended up returning it (some nasty seams that made it annoyingly uncomfortable to wear). Starting the return process went fine, I got some form to complete and ship along with the goods back to them. I had to cover the shipping which was quite a lot (but still better than keeping the stuff). Later I got a confirmation that they received it and will proceed with completing the return process which should take up to somethng like a week.

Since then I didn't hear from them again. So after (approx.) a month of waiting (no hurry from my side :-D ) I reminded them myself and they replied that it must have got stuck somewhere and that they'll check it out and push it forward.
Another (I think) month of silence and zero progress... Contacted them again, again a similar reply, but within a week or so I finally got a refund.
Took about 3 months in total.

Long story short - they could have some serious issues handling more problematic cases properly and quickly.

blutto

by blutto

Update.

The order I made that prompted my first post finally went south, or north, or west but most definitely didn't make it here. I was informed after a considerable period of time that the ordered items were not available though they a) were supposedly in stock at the time of ordering, and b) were apparently still available according to their website at the time the cancelation of the order arrived in my in-box...upon receiving the cancelation I went thru the ordering process again and found that the items were still shown as available, and btw, continue to be.

All that being said, Probikekit, at least according to their website, has very recently changed their ordering/shipping protocol. The shipping timeframe has been tightened considerably...the items I originally ordered are now to be shipped in 24 hrs and not 2 weeks, and they actually give a delivery timeframe for your location ( not unlike their competition which has probably been eating them for lunch over their functional incompetance on this matter ).

So maybe the company that many here had liked and used for years was simply saddled with a really dumb inventory/delivery program ( read the good folks were still the good folks but they were just forced to use crappy tools to do their job and chaos often ensued ).

The other thing that is interesting here is the timing of this change...like wouldn't it be nice to know that the dust storm we created here had a positive effect...so maybe all is well that ends well and we helped....and maybe the glass is indeed half full and not half empty.

Great wknd all...hope the wind is always at your back.

by Weenie