ProBikeKit delivery delay, what are my options?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

I have tens of wiggle orders with the next day delivery, I think only one was delayed by one day because of a stock problem. It is so satisfying for my gear addiction that I prefer to order from them even if I find the same stuff noticeably cheaper elsewhere. From example bike24 tends to have slightly lower prices but do not offer express, regular DHL takes 4-6 days. I hope the fast shipping will still work after the effin brexit.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

I no longer use Probikekit since they have a delivery service in the USA. They are now charging sales tax and at 10%, it takes away from the benefit from ordering overseas.

There are better places.

by Weenie

KCookie

by KCookie

To be honest I've never had a problem with them delivering to Australia, all parcels arriving in about 7 days, until last weeks order of a tyre. According to the detailed tracking it hasn't left the UK which has now been 8 days, but I was informed delivery between 10-13th June. Not in any hurry as I've plenty of spare wheels. Dont know why all of a sudden the long delivery time.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

As an observation, a number of tubulars from a batch I purchased from PBK have failed. The manufacturer feels they were old stock and that storing them tightly folded over long periods may have lead to sidewall weakness failures. To be fair, cannot be absolutely sure, but the volume of tire issues has us wondering.

Cheapest isn't always the best way to go.

northwestern

by northwestern

Next time try https://www.merlincycles.com. They are incredible. Cheaper than PBK and their stuff gets to the west coast of the US in 7 days. I have ordered about 5 times from them and it went flawlesly every time.

Mep

by Mep

Butcher wrote:I no longer use Probikekit since they have a delivery service in the USA. They are now charging sales tax and at 10%, it takes away from the benefit from ordering overseas.

There are better places.
Is that the case for all orders? When does the tax get charged?

Js2

by Js2

I second Merlin, way faster shipping than pbk. Also PBK charges sales tax now to the US, that coupled with the turtle shipping is adios for me

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

merlin is indeed faster, even within UK.
but and it's a big BUT their bike building skill is abit hit or miss. i ordered a disc brake bike and some how for them it was ok to have both brake cable rubbing the wheels and cable tie didnt even make sure the cable sit in the anchor points on the frame.... ended up doing the whole lot myself...luckily the bike arrived early to allow me to do that....
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:

TonyM

by TonyM

Merlin is fast. Delivery time from Europe to Canada (greater Vancouver) is usually 3 to 4 weeks (inlcuding 1 week at the customs in Ontario).
Merlin makes deliveries within 7 to 10 days !
The packaging is however terrible. No padding inside etc....

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Mep wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:22 am
I do not know but I know the tax laws changed a bit so companies are charging State sales tax more frequently. They show the sales charge in the total before you check out.

Mep

by Mep

Butcher wrote:
Mep wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:22 am
I do not know but I know the tax laws changed a bit so companies are charging State sales tax more frequently. They show the sales charge in the total before you check out.
Got it, that's good to knowImage Thanks for the heads up.

Zero7

by Zero7

Also, when you get a faulty product from PBK like I did it’s a pita to return it

Panda911

by Panda911

My recent purchase with CRC went missing in mail. After numerous emails and endless patience where I was just left waiting with no real answers I ultimately had to threaten them with me contacting my bank and MasterCard to file a fraud case against them. After ten minutes I got a reply that now they had confirmation that my parcel was lost at hub in Netherlands and I could cancel for refund or get a replacement order.
Funny...
I took the replacement order but had to ask(beg) for express delivery free of charge.
After 5 work days it arrived.

TonyM

by TonyM

Panda911 wrote:My recent purchase with CRC went missing in mail. After numerous emails and endless patience where I was just left waiting with no real answers I ultimately had to threaten them with me contacting my bank and MasterCard to file a fraud case against them. After ten minutes I got a reply that now they had confirmation that my parcel was lost at hub in Netherlands and I could cancel for refund or get a replacement order.
Funny...
I took the replacement order but had to ask(beg) for express delivery free of charge.
After 5 work days it arrived.
Which webshop is CRC?

ipenguinking

by ipenguinking

CRC=Chain Reaction Cycles

by Weenie