ProBikeKit delivery delay, what are my options?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
hannawald

by hannawald

Hi,

I have bought a crankset from PBK with 24hour international delivery upcharge. Same day I received an email about despatch and they took my money from Revolut credit card. Since then (more than a week) no change in tracking. When I contacted several times PBK, they keep answering we are sorry, we contacted our courier company, it may take 2 weeks. I asked them for refund or sending me another package and resolve it with their delivery partner themselves but they refused so, just generic we are sorry.

There is nothing about this in their terms and conditions. May I refuse to accept the package from courier? May I ask my credit card company to deal with Probikekit and buy somewhere else? I dont want to be 2 weeks without my bike. I have bought it there because of price and 24hour delivery. I guess I can buy somewhere else and when the package from PBK finally arrives I can send it back for refund.

Thank you
Ondrej

by Weenie

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I never expect anything I order from shops across borders to arrive on time.

jlok

by jlok

24hr intl delivery is unbelievable. 24hr dispatch is more reasonable.
Litespeed T1sl Disc / BMC TM02 < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

hannawald

by hannawald

Normal delivery is something like 5 days, quick delivery is 24 hours. They even confirmed in the email, where they stated expected delivery. But you can buy the same from wiggle and other shops. My concern is that it is already more than a week without any progress (Fedex just received electronic info about shipment but no other progress) and they just told me they need to investigate and it may take another 2 weeks. I want to buy somewhere else because I can not achieve any agreement with them but wonder if I have a right to cancel the order or not taking the goods from the courier after not arriving on time...

mcfarton

by mcfarton

If you are in the US just buy from REI or some other big company and return one to them when it shows up. I don’t think that you can just cancel an international order because it is taking longer than expected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StanK

by StanK

Some year ago I bought Michelin tires from them and delivery time was 5-7 days (stated on their web site, and it is usual delivery time from UK to Croatia). But the moment I paid, I got notice that delivery time is 15-20 days.
I wanted to cancel purchase but it wasn't possible. "Sorry" and similar words from them... Long story short, I gave up after 3 e-mails. In the end, I got my tires after more than 3 weeks. For me, they don't exist anymore.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

I've noted this is "rather" usual from where ever i buy. Sometimes parcel is marked is shipped, but it's only an electronic preliminary update.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2018.12.21)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=156137
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D

hannawald

by hannawald

I did another chat with them. I asked them for canceling - not possible. Sending another package and deal with the courier company themselves - not possible. In the end they somewhere marked the package as it should be returned to them but it may or may not work. I should look at the tracking and if i see it was returned to them i should ask for refund. When it will be delivered to me, i should take it from courier and send back. in case i don´t take it from the courier i am responsible for any loss on the way back. And if it doesn´t appear in 2 weeks i should get back to them again...
well, ok, i would expect somebody dealing with my case but it is just me who should be looking at it and and asking them when there is something new..

StanK

by StanK

wheelsONfire wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:45 am
I've noted this is "rather" usual from where ever i buy. Sometimes parcel is marked is shipped, but it's only an electronic preliminary update.
Ekoi, R2-bike, Chain Reaction, thebikeshop.de ... not a single problem so far. All came up in a week. Only one time I had a delay with Ekoi, but it was not up to them. So, yes, just problem with ProBikeKit.

Djakninn

by Djakninn

Just looking on PBK website and it shows a tracked delivery time to the Czech Republic of 4-10 days. I would chalk this one down as experience, as I really wouldn't expect something from the CR to the UK in 24 hours. As someone else stated, 24 hours dispatch is more realistic, however if they did state that it was 24 hour delivery, I would assume they would refund you the difference between 24hr and standard delivery once it turns up. Also, I've had courier companies in the past not update their tracking info and show it's still sat somewhere for a week or 2 only for it then to turn up at my door.

Greatestalltime

by Greatestalltime

I’ve purchased some wheels from them. And maybe one or two other things.

I’ll stick with Merlin for now on. I’ve had around 30 flawless transactions with them.

hannawald

by hannawald

Yes, they stated 24 hour delivery, they sent me an email after dispatch with estimated delivery date, so no confusion here. And I have already received packages in 24 hours - one from Spain and one from Wiggle, so it is possible.

welchy

by welchy

Theyve always been superb, just call them up and talk to them - easy to deal with and straight talking :)

sooni

by sooni

Had past issues with PBK. Worst customer service experience EVER. I even had my credit card info stolen and charged to some shady plumbing business in the UK after going at it with customer service regarding some damaged wheels they sent me.

They wont flinch until you contact your credit card company. Call them right away to get a case going.

by Weenie

hannawald

by hannawald

To be fair they promised me to arrange a shipment back to UK for free when it in the end arrives to me so we will see..