Garmin 130

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

Nice light unit. But the darn thing spends so damn long updating every time i turn it on. I presume segments are to blame.

Any way to stop or minimize this? I dont need segment leaderboard updates on who is now 10134th by the minute.

Pro tips appreciated. And don’t say something cheeky like get a wahoo because tha varia radar is brilliant.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I have one. As well as a 520 and 830. I don't use the Strava segment feature on any one of my units so I have no delay issues.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JerryLook

by JerryLook

Looks like this is how you connect to your segments on Garmin (or I assume you can unselect it here too).

https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/art ... _site=true

I have a 130 and didn’t know about this feature, but it looks like the segment feature is only for Strava Summit users. I’ve thought about upgrading, but don’t know if it’s really worth it.
2010 Orbea Opal 54cm
5.97kg

RedbullFiXX

by RedbullFiXX

RocketRacing wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:05 am
Nice light unit. But the darn thing spends so damn long updating every time i turn it on. I presume segments are to blame.

Any way to stop or minimize this? I dont need segment leaderboard updates on who is now 10134th by the minute.

Pro tips appreciated. And don’t say something cheeky like get a wahoo because tha varia radar is brilliant.
Hmm, my 130 updates 5min +/- into the ride, but it starts recording and running as soon as it has GPS sig, usualy within a few blocks into the ride
I just power up, push the sart button and go
Not sure if it matters, but I always have the connect app running on the iphone
Cyclocross, in general, is about riding the wrong bike for the conditions.